You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlakKnight

Missed opportunity with PEF holiday campaign

23 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,155 battles

WG, a lot of the grumbling RE: the 4th directive national ship credit grinding could have been avoided by making the free Tier VI ships from all the navies available in the temporary PEF campaign before you unlock the PEF.

Essentially, had you locked the last stage behind the PEF instead of the first, you could have given everyone the tools to complete everything with a little elbow grease if they didn't have the tools before.  Instead causal players and F2P people are already giving up and complaining non-stop because of the need to have 6 nations or the PEF to finish.

Just something to think about.  Also, hint hint if you want to change that.

• Cool 1

[CIAO]
Members
93 posts
11,687 battles

Casual players and F2P are always complaining.  It's simple really; with great work comes great rewards.  I don't feel like putting the time necessary into some of the tasks but I don't whine about it.  I see the next ship over has that nice camo I never decided was worth the time to get.  Any ya know what?  I said "Hey, sweet camo", and that's that.

• Cool 3

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,155 battles
10 minutes ago, Hyperion728 said:

Casual players and F2P are always complaining.  It's simple really; with great work comes great rewards.  I don't feel like putting the time necessary into some of the tasks but I don't whine about it.  I see the next ship over has that nice camo I never decided was worth the time to get.  Any ya know what?  I said "Hey, sweet camo", and that's that.

Yes but unfortunately you need them to have a populated game Ms. Antoinette.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[VW]
Members
2,429 posts
14,253 battles
11 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Qu’ils mangent de la brioche! :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFC]
Members
1,121 posts
8,659 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Qu’ils mangent de la brioche! :Smile_veryhappy:

No need to search ... pretty sure that means Let Them Eat Cake ... :fish_viking: and off with her ... lol

• Funny 1

Members
22,338 posts
5,780 battles
20 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

"Let them eat torps."

• Funny 1

Members
1,404 posts
1,584 battles
32 minutes ago, Hyperion728 said:

Why should people have to do unfun things in video games? This question isn't exclusive to WoWs, obviously, but it seems pretty applicable every time someone tries to defend one of these grinds with an "uphill both ways to school in a nuclear winter" arguments.

Beta Testers
631 posts
4,095 battles

Its a do it if you want it sort of deal. These missions are not a must do but rather can do. 4m credis per nation is nothing. Thats 4-5 matched in the mighty mo and at most 15 matches in other ships....

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,183 battles

At least I am not worried about that credit grind. 20-25 matches in my tier 10s. Anyway have to grind lots of credit as I am down from 200mil to 5 mil in a night buying ships for snow flakes. 

[TBW]
Members
7,401 posts
13,567 battles

I just bought the ship and then I don't worry. I now have a lot of time to do the campaign. WG wants cash to make it easier. Life is like a crap sandwich. The more Bread ($) you have, the less Crap you have to eat.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
45 minutes ago, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

Why should people have to do unfun things in video games? This question isn't exclusive to WoWs, obviously, but it seems pretty applicable every time someone tries to defend one of these grinds with an "uphill both ways to school in a nuclear winter" arguments.

Sorry, but I'm not particularly sympathetic towards F2P players and casuals, etc. 

If someone decides to have a single nation port, they have to live with the consequences of that decision.  It's not WG's responsibility to make life easier for people who make questionable decisions.

If someone isn't willing to put in the effort to have the ships necessary for a campaign, it's not WG's responsibility to make up for those players' lack of effort and commitment.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
34 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

Its a do it if you want it sort of deal. These missions are not a must do but rather can do. 4m credis per nation is nothing. Thats 4-5 matched in the mighty mo and at most 15 matches in other ships....

It is worth noting that it's easier to do in randoms or operations than coop, simply because coop has low credit earnings.  And it's easier to do in higher tier ships because they have better earnings than lesser tier ships.  And so on and so on.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
611 posts
1,530 battles
48 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, but I'm not particularly sympathetic towards F2P players and casuals, etc. 

If someone decides to have a single nation port, they have to live with the consequences of that decision.  It's not WG's responsibility to make life easier for people who make questionable decisions.

If someone isn't willing to put in the effort to have the ships necessary for a campaign, it's not WG's responsibility to make up for those players' lack of effort and commitment.

Just remember this also affects newer players as well that haven't had time to grind up 6 lines yet.  This is a situation where veterans are rewarded for their time spent in the game and newer players have to basically buy the PEF to have any hope of completing it, so hopefully when WG drops something for newer players that excludes veteran players, everyone will remember this campaign and not complain about veterans not getting rewards.

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
55 minutes ago, Crucis said:

F2P and casual players make up the vast majority of the playerbase, so without them you wouldn't have a game to keep playing.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
3 hours ago, FlakKnight said:

WG, a lot of the grumbling RE: the 4th directive national ship credit grinding could have been avoided by making the free Tier VI ships from all the navies available in the temporary PEF campaign before you unlock the PEF.

Essentially, had you locked the last stage behind the PEF instead of the first, you could have given everyone the tools to complete everything with a little elbow grease if they didn't have the tools before.  Instead causal players and F2P people are already giving up and complaining non-stop because of the need to have 6 nations or the PEF to finish.

Just something to think about.  Also, hint hint if you want to change that.

Directive IV drops Jan 9th and you have until early morning Tue, Jan 22nd to finish it. It is T5+ and works in Random, Ranked, Co-op, Scenarios and Clan Battles.

Unfortunately, it is stacked to be much easier if you buy PEF.

If you buy PEF, you can complete 5 nations at once using PEF to earn the 4M credits; Italy, Poland, Commonwealth, Pan-American and Germany. Then you only need to earn 4M more in one other nation to complete the last Directive to receive 6,800 doubloons for earning PEF after you bought it.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[SALVO]
Members
20,040 posts
19,932 battles
1 hour ago, Deno said:

F2P and casual players make up the vast majority of the playerbase, so without them you wouldn't have a game to keep playing.

And nowhere have I said that they're not welcome to play.  But at the same time, they shouldn't be expected to get freebies to work on missions, just because they were unwilling to put in the effort to get to the minimum tier on their own or have ships of the right nations that they've worked to get.  They're not entitled to work a mission just because they have a pulse.  If you need German ships of tier 5 or above, then it's up to them and not WG to get those ships.  

What's next?  Should every player be given a tier 8 premium ships, ya know, just because they have a pulse and a sense of entitlement?

[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles
2 hours ago, Bonfor said:

Just remember this also affects newer players as well that haven't had time to grind up 6 lines yet.  This is a situation where veterans are rewarded for their time spent in the game and newer players have to basically buy the PEF to have any hope of completing it, so hopefully when WG drops something for newer players that excludes veteran players, everyone will remember this campaign and not complain about veterans not getting rewards.

This has always been the case. I started playing too late to get the Missouri, the military month flag, the Belfast, many events with free reward ships. And even though I've been playing almost a year, the only reason I have 6 viable nations is I got frustrated with the hipper a few weeks ago and decided to go down the soviet cruiser line instead. Otherwise even a "veteran" player like myself would be forced to grind out new lines. 

If you're really interested in the meh-ish PEF, there's plenty of time to get six T5s and/or purchase premium ships to get it done. 

• Cool 1

Members
22,338 posts
5,780 battles
4 hours ago, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

Why should people have to do unfun things in video games? 

You don't, nobody's forcing you. And fun is subjective. Everybody has their own threshold of what they are willing to do for a shiny.

Crucis talks about "putting in the effort" to get rewards. The only effort I've ever put in was the odd late night just to complete something that was ending the next day.

To me, there's no effort, because all I'm doing is playing the game, the same as I would if there were no events. And I end up completing most of them.

I don't jump through hoops for shinies. But then again, I don't often have to, as for me, there's rarely any hoops to jump through.

Members
22,338 posts
5,780 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

What's next?  Should every player be given a tier 8 premium ships, ya know, just because they have a pulse and a sense of entitlement?

The only thing a free player is entitled to is to play the game. And I say this as a player who paid virtually nothing from OBT until about 6 months ago. (even still, I only buy premium time)

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

When you get to that point, load up all your +credit flags & camo then run scenario after scenario after scenario.  I ran one last in my De Grasse, made 950k on a 4 star.

[PVE]
Members
298 posts
6,702 battles
3 hours ago, Bonfor said:

when WG drops something for newer players that excludes veteran players, everyone will remember this campaign and not complain about veterans not getting rewards.

Nah, there always will be people complaining when someone else can get something they can't get themselves. The recent doubloon special comes to mind (which was only for new players).

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,393 posts
10,081 battles
3 hours ago, Deno said:

WG is rewarding those who work to complete the goals.  They are incentivizing more play which means more battles.  The more games being played per individual provides more opportunities for the whole customer base.  It also drives expenditure of consumables.