Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

The only random "mode" I loathe is short teams with CVs

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

212
[FORM]
Members
504 posts
5,623 battles

I get it, there aren't 5 million people on, and some folks don't want to wait that extra 30 seconds for teams of 10, 12... 15. So sometimes you get a team of 6. But then to throw in a CV too - which we all know has too much impact on a full sized group? 

Yeah, that's the one "mode" I loathe.  And of course I was a tier 8 in a tier 10 fight - but that's tier 8 life, and I accept that usually with a shrug. But I do wish there were a way to select "wait longer for a full team match" option.

Anyway, that's my whine for the day. Ok, fine... its my whine for the morning. I reserve the right to whine again later.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
20 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I get it, there aren't 5 million people on, and some folks don't want to wait that extra 30 seconds for teams of 10, 12... 15. So sometimes you get a team of 6. But then to throw in a CV too - which we all know has too much impact on a full sized group? 

Yeah, that's the one "mode" I loathe.  And of course I was a tier 8 in a tier 10 fight - but that's tier 8 life, and I accept that usually with a shrug. But I do wish there were a way to select "wait longer for a full team match" option.

Anyway, that's my whine for the day. Ok, fine... its my whine for the morning. I reserve the right to whine again later.

The dimension or threat of that will change to some extent in about five weeks.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
30 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I get it, there aren't 5 million people on, and some folks don't want to wait that extra 30 seconds for teams of 10, 12... 15. So sometimes you get a team of 6. But then to throw in a CV too - which we all know has too much impact on a full sized group? 

Yeah, that's the one "mode" I loathe.  And of course I was a tier 8 in a tier 10 fight - but that's tier 8 life, and I accept that usually with a shrug. But I do wish there were a way to select "wait longer for a full team match" option.

Anyway, that's my whine for the day. Ok, fine... its my whine for the morning. I reserve the right to whine again later.

That only happens when one or both of the CVs wait in que to long. It’s not a special game mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
602
[KRAK]
Members
2,164 posts
15,361 battles
7 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

That only happens when one or both of the CVs wait in que to long. It’s not a special game mode. 

Still happens "frequently". I was in 3 of these matches in the last month and it is just dumb. CVs should be made to wait until the teams are full.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Still happens "frequently". I was in 3 of these matches in the last month and it is just dumb. CVs should be made to wait until the teams are full.

It’s the cv players fault. Past 2 min que time they should back out and try again or play a different ship. Come next patch it won’t be a problem with so many CVs playing because of the rework. At least for the first week or so. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
602
[KRAK]
Members
2,164 posts
15,361 battles
16 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

It’s the cv players fault. Past 2 min que time they should back out and try again or play a different ship. Come next patch it won’t be a problem with so many CVs playing because of the rework. At least for the first week or so. 

The problem is most CV will not do that. They should be autokicked from Q or made to wait.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[FORM]
Members
504 posts
5,623 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

Just think about ranked sprint coming up... 5 v 5 or 7v7 with a cv possible.

I'm 100% fine with it at T6. Especially when you're choosing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[FORM]
Members
504 posts
5,623 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

The dimension or threat of that will change to some extent in about five weeks.

Yep, and I'm looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,887
[_-_]
Members
1,743 posts
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

I get it, there aren't 5 million people on, and some folks don't want to wait that extra 30 seconds for teams of 10, 12... 15. So sometimes you get a team of 6. But then to throw in a CV too - which we all know has too much impact on a full sized group? 

Yeah, that's the one "mode" I loathe.  And of course I was a tier 8 in a tier 10 fight - but that's tier 8 life, and I accept that usually with a shrug. But I do wish there were a way to select "wait longer for a full team match" option.

Anyway, that's my whine for the day. Ok, fine... its my whine for the morning. I reserve the right to whine again later.

You ain't seen nothing yet. When the 8.0 CV Bork Rework hits, it'll be like 4 v 4 CV's all day. First, lots of people will be checking out the new shiny, and second, a lot of people just won't log in anything but a CV or won't play at all because they just don't want to deal with the epidemic of stage 4 metastatic sky cancer. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
678 posts
12,822 battles
30 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

You ain't seen nothing yet. When the 8.0 CV Bork Rework hits, it'll be like 4 v 4 CV's all day. First, lots of people will be checking out the new shiny, and second, a lot of people just won't log in anything but a CV or won't play at all because they just don't want to deal with the epidemic of stage 4 metastatic sky cancer. :Smile_teethhappy:

That will be me. No way am I touching this game for the first month after the cv rework goes live. Solid co-op for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[FORM]
Members
504 posts
5,623 battles
41 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

You ain't seen nothing yet. When the 8.0 CV Bork Rework hits, it'll be like 4 v 4 CV's all day.

Isn't there a 2 CV cap? Either way, 4v4 sure would be hellish even with the reborked CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,887
[_-_]
Members
1,743 posts
19 minutes ago, Prothall said:

That will be me. No way am I touching this game for the first month after the cv rework goes live. Solid co-op for me.

I'm with you. Me and the waifu will be on the beach in Gulf Breeze the first week.

Co-op will be worse, lol. Besides the human scrubs MM will stick green AI "ally' bot CV's into the matches too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,887
[_-_]
Members
1,743 posts
13 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Isn't there a 2 CV cap? Either way, 4v4 sure would be hellish even with the reborked CVs.

I seem to recall seeing a dev blog post or stream somewhere that they're looking at raising the cap to 4 a side.

That should be enough to make every DD and BB driver want to unplug their router and get really good at Sudoku or Solitaire. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,367 posts
3,895 battles

I love that the first instinct posters have is to blame someone for wanting to play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[FORM]
Members
504 posts
5,623 battles
23 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I love that the first instinct posters have is to blame someone for wanting to play the game.

I'm not sure who you're referring or responding to by your remark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,367 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I'm not sure who you're referring or responding to by your remark. 

These kinds of comments.

Though at least they aren't ascribing spite or malice to it like some people who seem to think that only supervillains play carriers specifically to ruin the game for other people or some trash like that.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:26 AM, Forgottensoldier117 said:

That only happens when one or both of the CVs wait in que to long. It’s not a special game mode. 

 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:40 AM, Forgottensoldier117 said:

It’s the cv players fault. Past 2 min que time they should back out and try again or play a different ship. Come next patch it won’t be a problem with so many CVs playing because of the rework. At least for the first week or so. 

 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:57 AM, Vaffu said:

The problem is most CV will not do that. They should be autokicked from Q or made to wait.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[FORM]
Members
504 posts
5,623 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

These kinds of comments.

Thanks for the clarification, I certainly didn't feel or intend to blame the players. Heck, I played a CV for a bit early on... I just totally understand why they need to tweak it and the disproportionate impact of player skill is twice as bad with smaller teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233
[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles
12 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

These kinds of comments.

Though at least they aren't ascribing spite or malice to it like some people who seem to think that only supervillains play carriers specifically to ruin the game for other people or some trash like that.

Makes one wonder if the current lack of CV players is due to the style of play or those players which rain hate upon CV players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
738
[NWNG]
Members
2,766 posts
4,641 battles
21 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

Makes one wonder if the current lack of CV players is due to the style of play or those players which rain hate upon CV players.

probably a combination of the two, majority being the style of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
602
[KRAK]
Members
2,164 posts
15,361 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

These kinds of comments.

Though at least they aren't ascribing spite or malice to it like some people who seem to think that only supervillains play carriers specifically to ruin the game for other people or some trash like that.

 

 

 

No one  said they are doing it intentionally to ruin others game BUT they know it does ruin others games by staying in Q so long So, maybe they are doing it intentionally. Much easier on a CV in a short team game, do not rule out the possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×