Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Priority Target

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,242
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Is Priority Target glitched? Since the patch before this one I've had shells come screaming in on me and had no warning that I had been targeted. PT is supposed to warn of that. Has anyone else noticed this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[EQRN]
Members
915 posts
11,006 battles

Co op?  I find bots’ targeting algorithm... interesting at times, and they’ll change targets the moment they fire, leaving the impression no one is aiming at you when shells arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,598 posts
8,328 battles

Some players uncheck the "Track Target"  box in their controls and just wing-it shooting by instinct ...  It's harder to do, but they negatite your PT by not ever locking on to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,755
[NGAGE]
Members
3,103 posts
8,094 battles
1 minute ago, OtterWolf said:

Some players uncheck the "Track Target"  box in their controls and just wing-it shooting by instinct ...  It's harder to do, but they negatite your PT by not ever locking on to you.

and by "harder" you mean nearly impossible because of the reduced dispersion and lock on, right?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,453
[HINON]
Members
10,705 posts
28 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

and by "harder" you mean nearly impossible because of the reduced dispersion and lock on, right?

Nope, you just lock on for a moment, fire and then unlock and the victim doesnt usually see the PT light up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[WOLF1]
Members
2,546 posts
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Nope, you just lock on for a moment, fire and then unlock and the victim doesnt usually see the PT light up.

really? so not the same as you press x or not lock on at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,453
[HINON]
Members
10,705 posts
9 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

really? so not the same as you press x or not lock on at all?

You lock on like normal and quickly fire, then use x to unlock. It's not that complicated, you can also mess with people by targetting ships you arent currently planning to shoot in order to get them to maneuver as they see their PT light up. There are plenty of ways to play with PT and toy with people. 

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,755
[NGAGE]
Members
3,103 posts
8,094 battles
24 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You lock on like normal and quickly fire, then use x to unlock. It's not that complicated, you can also mess with people by targetting ships you arent currently planning to shoot in order to get them to maneuver as they see their PT light up. There are plenty of ways to play with PT and toy with people. 

I do this all the time. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
868 posts
1,924 battles

When playing DD I do this also.  Let me ask if you are a BB or CA and you see your PT go up and no ship spotted what is your reaction?  Yes you can toy with PT but since I play DD all the time not sure if larger ships have PT or even look at it and if so what their reaction is.  Would love to hear from other players what they do when they see PT lock in or flash in and out every couple seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
40 posts
7,085 battles

 

I have had it happen as well. I was not detected or targeted and still being hit with accurate fire. It was a co-op match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
705 posts
4,728 battles

Happens to me in randoms and it usually results in me getting blapped hard. I've chalked it up to unicums who are firing at me without a lock on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
826
[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
5 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Is Priority Target glitched? Since the patch before this one I've had shells come screaming in on me and had no warning that I had been targeted. PT is supposed to warn of that. Has anyone else noticed this?

If the ship targets at you, fire the guns and then aim at another target, the PT wont show any ship aiming at you but the shells are already coming. 

 

Also, if you are close to another ship, its posible to aim at the other ship but shoot at you. PT wont show that but the shells are also coming. 

 

I constantly use both to deceive enemy ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[WGAN]
Beta Testers
75 posts
11,922 battles

I've been playing mostly coop the last few months. I've noticed a change in the way bots are targeting me. Recently ( the last few weeks) bots have begun targeting me heavily. I started looking at the current situation during these times. There are clearly other ships that are closer or pose a greater threat but bots are starting to target me. I've been testing by holding fire staying undetected, waiting for bots to fire and then shooting. All bots began to target me, even with islands in the way. 

Does anyone know how bots choose their targets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,862
[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles
On 12/20/2018 at 8:08 AM, ReddNekk said:

Is Priority Target glitched? Since the patch before this one I've had shells come screaming in on me and had no warning that I had been targeted. PT is supposed to warn of that. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've noticed, and have been noticing for a while, that I sometime receive a good shelling without being Detected - at all.  Lag maybe?  I dunno.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[POP]
[POP]
Members
185 posts
10,416 battles

Some of those shells have such a long flight time you will think no one targeted you. Worcester range is 16.71km, AP shell velocity is .762km/sec. If I'm figuring right it can be in the air as long as 21.9 seconds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×