Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lesser_

The Cult of Bour(gape)gogne. Become a member!

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,197
[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

This ship is great fun. I'm not even a BB player, but I feel right at home in it. Imagine a 38 knot Hinden with more HP disguised as a Battleship. The disguise makes it so the 'unaware' players think you aren't going to reload in 10s with booster and try to turn away from you, exposing that tender citadel. Slap on a propulsion mod and play like a Dunkerque, but instead your ship is actually good. If you think the HP is just too low for a BB, think again. A nice and low citadel shaped hindenish and you can sidescrape and troll with your propulsion, you wont be missing that HP.

 

If you happen to find yourself with some steel, do yourself a favor and skip that boringgrad. Buy yourself a shiny Bourgape and terrorize the randoms. Do your friends a favor and tell them the good news too.

Spoiler

totally not just trying to get more players in this to get better PR. Seriously it's good tho.

 

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,454
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,593 posts
8,217 battles

I like this suggestion. Bourgogne sounds like a far more exciting ship to play, than camping supremo Stalingrad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,376
[CUTER]
Members
3,857 posts
17,865 battles

 Can confirm, Bourgogne is the most fun I've had in wows lately while Stalingrad bores me to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,149 posts
14,252 battles

I have wanted the T10 French BB since I 1st saw it announced but it being a Steel ship, and 30K Steel at that, means even with these events giving lots of Steel (I have a lot of qualifying ships for Steel), the PEF campaign, a -25% Arsenal coupon, and even if I bought the Steel campaign (not going to) at best I would only be about 65-70% of the way there (22.5K with coupon). So unless  they offer more events for the average player to get Steel I will never have the ship. I really wish they would reconsider exclusive ships gated behind special resources but I doubt that ever happens.

Congrat's to you for getting it and glad you like it. Blow some ships up with it for me. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
447
[NGA]
Members
1,668 posts
9,074 battles

Whelp I had about 4k Steel before this Clan Wars Season began. The season alone should net me 6k provided the Clan doesn't fall out of Storm (which after tonight I don't think is likely). Add to that the 4k from the Steel Giants, 2k from the PEF event, 8k from the PEF missions (yes I'm a whale who bought the $130 bundle, sue me). The 3.3k from having all the tech lines unlocked, and a currently uncalculated amount of Steel from tier VIII+ Premiums and I'm definitely going to be getting her. My only current concern is that the arsenal hints there will soon be a new Steel ship which kind of bothers me given that it seems they're adding more ships than a normal player can expect to ever be able to get. Of course, once upon a time I had resigned myself to never acquiring Flint or Black and now both are much more within my reach, like climbing Mount Everest instead of climbing to heaven.

Edited by JediMasterDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,197
[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Whelp I had about 4k Steel before this Clan Wars Season began. The season alone should net me 6k provided the Clan doesn't fall out of Storm (which after tonight I don't think is likely). Add to that the 4k from the Steel Giants, 2k from the PEF event, 8k from the PEF missions (yes I'm a whale who bought the $130 bundle, sue me). The 3.3k from having all the tech lines unlocked, and a currently uncalculated amount of Steel from tier VIII+ Premiums and I'm definitely going to be getting her. My only current concern is that the arsenal hints there will soon be a new Steel ship which kind of bothers me given that it seems they're adding more ships than a normal player can expect to ever be able to get. Of course, once upon a time I had resigned myself to never acquiring Flint or Black and now both are much more within my reach, like climbing Mount Everest instead of climbing to heaven.

Its probably the Azuma, IJN heavy cruiser stalingrad like i heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
447
[NGA]
Members
1,668 posts
9,074 battles
18 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Its probably the Azuma, IJN heavy cruiser stalingrad like i heard.

Sure depress me why don't you. I'm holding out hope that the Steel ship will be the Nyet-blah-blah-blah (there is no way I'm ever going to be able to spell it) since from what I can tell, it's a Grozo with a turret removed. No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,197
[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
9 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Sure depress me why don't you. I'm holding out hope that the Steel ship will be the Nyet-blah-blah-blah (there is no way I'm ever going to be able to spell it) since from what I can tell, it's a Grozo with a turret removed. No thanks.

I guess it could be. The bow does look more russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
447
[NGA]
Members
1,668 posts
9,074 battles
7 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I guess it could be. The bow does look more russian.

Pretty sure that's just a placeholder image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,149 posts
14,252 battles
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Pretty sure that's just a placeholder image.

I have seen some suggest Wichita might be the next one? It is a possibility I would say more so than the new IJN CA/BB thing or the RU DD as it has gone through testing already. Have they?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,197
[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
6 hours ago, Ivan_Namirettov said:

So the Frenchy is a good BB for randoms, but do you see it being useful for clan battles like the Stalingrad is proving to be?

Hard to say. Nobody really has much access to bour yet like they do stalingrad. It's not been explored that much. I would say there is potential, but you can also only have 1 BB whereas you can have many more stalingrads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×