Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gnomestroy

What would be better for Ranked Sprint - Dallas or Farragut?

16 comments in this topic

[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles

So I'm a relatively new player, currently I don't have either the Dallas or Farragut, but I can get either ship after a couple of days of grinding. Which ship should I get first, and which ship is more competitive ?

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles

Since you're so new, I suggest Dallas. DD play in competitive is super important, and you just don't have the experience yet. Not knocking you in any way, it just is what it is. : )

• Cool 1

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,203 posts
4,951 battles
15 minutes ago, Renuz said:

If you can't figure that out....don't play rank

Not constructive. 

9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Since you're so new, I suggest Dallas. DD play in competitive is super important, and you just don't have the experience yet. Not knocking you in any way, it just is what it is. : )

I would agree with this. I don't think anyone should be blocked from enjoying the game or experiencing  its features simply due to inexperience,  however there are definitely some situations that require a degree of understanding to do well in and putting yourself in that situation is bad for your sanity and your team. Because of this I would recommend the Dallas as well. The ship is fairly forgiving and it would be easier to contribute to the team without taking on more responsibility than you might be able to handle. Just remember to find cover before you fire, focus DDs, spread the HE around and not play overly aggressive until you have to and you should be golden.

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles

Definitely Dallas in your case. How many points on the captain you are going to put in it?

[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,494 battles

Does it matter?

I thought the next Ranked was T9?

Or have I missed there’s going to be another T6 Sprint?

[-SF-]
Members
277 posts
3,660 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Does it matter?

I thought the next Ranked was T9?

Or have I missed there’s going to be another T6 Sprint?

Tier 6 ranked sprint

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

Last time there was Tier VI Ranked, it was a BB-DD affair.  Except for super stealthy + smoke capable Perth, Leander, Cruisers in general were getting absolutely smashed by Battleships.

Destroyers or the rare CV were the only things holding back Battleships in Tier VI Ranked.  Because it sure as hell wasn't Cruisers.

That was long ago and French, RN BBs have arrived since then.  PEF just arrived also as a Premium and she is expressly designed for killing Cruisers.  Then you still got the likes of Warspite, Fuso, Arizona.  Those last 3 were high performers last Tier VI Ranked.

Anyways, this was how the typical VI Ranked match went:  BBs approached cautiously, DDs probe around.  The DD Mini-Game is in effect as they find, shoot, and torp each other, as well as every other ship joining in.  Once the DD screens are sufficiently thinned out or destroyed, that's when the BBs push out and start killing everything they see.  Cruisers at this point didn't stand a chance.  Unless an idiot BB is sitting there broadside, Cruisers were killed first because it didn't require as much trouble to kill them with BB AP.  When you got BBs like Warspite, AZ, Fuso roaming around with no fear of DDs anymore, Cruisers became roadkill.  Even Warspite with her extremely floaty shells, there were many of her players that were verrryy good at range with her, and crucified Cruisers.

Reactions when Tier VI BBs went to work on Cruisers:

Image result for cringe gif imgurImage result for cringe gif imgurRelated image

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,807 posts
21,057 battles

T-61....

If you feel confident with the class you may better go with a DD.

Last time T6 regular ranked was Fuso's spamming HE from max range.

My expectation for sprint this time

DD: Shinonome, T-61, Anshan.

Those three are very strong, the first is a excellent torpedo boats, the Anshan a gunboat and the T-61 propably the best cap contester thanks to hydro. Ernst Gaede is the most versantile techtree DD

Cruisers: Fiji, Nürnberg, Aoba, De Grasse, Pensacola, Molotov

All of them are quite good, considering that they are top tier and can be played to their full strenght. Aoba and Molotov will be excellent against other cruisers, the CL have a good enough RoF for getting rid of the DD

BB: Warspite, PEF, Bayern, Mutsu, Fuso, Arizona, NM

Being top tier in a T6 BB is god like after those persky DD are gone. Winner will be the Fuso, sitting at 20km and spam HE. Yes, she is fragile and dead meat sailing broadside to a Warspite or Arizona but last time showed that they start to run and burn you down. 

Beta Testers
632 posts
4,097 battles

Id recomend waiting to play ranked.  There is a whoooole ne level of gameplay involved with ranked play and its gruelling on players. Tensions run high and eleitists will be eleitists without realizing it. Make it to at least t8 on a line then come back and do ranked

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
40 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Cruisers: Fiji, Nürnberg, Aoba, De Grasse, Pensacola, Molotov

I think you mean Leander?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,807 posts
21,057 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think you mean Leander?

Yeah. I blame my job for not checking the techtree.

Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles

OP, if you want to get into playing DDs, Ranked is an excellent place to start.

Smaller teams make it easier to learn to operate.

Having said that, if you want to play DDs, just remember, spotting and capping are your primary tasks, then spotting/killing enemy DDs. Ignore the juicy BBs until either an opportunity drops in your lap, or the enemy DDs are down.

I dunno if I would like to use Dallas. A lot of teams are aggressive, and if you try to island shoot, because the teams are smaller, there's a good chance they'll sail right through your fire, come around your island, and catch you standing still.

Sign in to follow this