Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptCat

Premium ships cost more when logged in

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2 posts
954 battles

I have been recently looking at purchasing the USS Massachusetts on the premium shop, and after checking the price on my phone, I decided to go onto my computer to see that it was more expensove than posted on my phone. On my phone, it is priced at $50.84, but on browser and in game it is priced at $55.81. This is across the board, all priced for premium ships are higher than when posted elsewhere. What is happening here? Does this have anything to do with the update or is this some ripoff?

AC091F11-3274-419C-A539-14AC38683D87.jpeg

4B04429D-1F9C-490E-A681-BD7F09EA2A2B.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
54 posts
8,157 battles

i wonder if it has something to do with taxes

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
954 battles
1 minute ago, SafariHat said:

i wonder if it has something to do with taxes

Could be, know that different areas have different rules on that. Just wasn’t sure if it was due to the latest patch or if it’s just this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,635
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,820 posts
14,639 battles
1 hour ago, CaptCat said:

Could be, know that different areas have different rules on that. Just wasn’t sure if it was due to the latest patch or if it’s just this.

it probably is, i noticed when doing bills last week there was a small service fee on some of my Wg purchases.:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
176
[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,622 battles

Usually depends on location, being from the UK the price gets slightly adjusted for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
88 posts
2 hours ago, CaptCat said:

I have been recently looking at purchasing the USS Massachusetts on the premium shop, and after checking the price on my phone, I decided to go onto my computer to see that it was more expensove than posted on my phone. On my phone, it is priced at $50.84, but on browser and in game it is priced at $55.81. This is across the board, all priced for premium ships are higher than when posted elsewhere. What is happening here? Does this have anything to do with the update or is this some ripoff?

EU prices are bit lower than NA. Your phone accessed EU premium shop. When you log in from the PC you see NA premium shop prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
178 posts
3,560 battles

Were you logged in looking at your mobile? 

For me usualy if i look not logged in things are more expensive and or not even there 

 

ps: im in 'muricah 

Edited by Schnauzahpowahz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles
8 hours ago, CaptCat said:

I have been recently looking at purchasing the USS Massachusetts on the premium shop, and after checking the price on my phone, I decided to go onto my computer to see that it was more expensove than posted on my phone. On my phone, it is priced at $50.84, but on browser and in game it is priced at $55.81. This is across the board, all priced for premium ships are higher than when posted elsewhere. What is happening here? Does this have anything to do with the update or is this some ripoff?

AC091F11-3274-419C-A539-14AC38683D87.jpeg

4B04429D-1F9C-490E-A681-BD7F09EA2A2B.png

Just remember they're always watching. Always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[GLF]
Members
920 posts
14,951 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Prices are adjusted based on region.  

 

What regions?  Like does it adjust for cost of living or something? 

I get that, for example, canada would be higher than USA due to the currency difference, obviously.  But are you saying that in different regions of the US, ships are cheaper than others?    If so, I am finding proxy servers in the cheapest region to make my purchases through from here on out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,250
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,583 posts
9,403 battles
1 minute ago, AnimaL21 said:

What regions?  Like does it adjust for cost of living or something? 

I get that, for example, canada would be higher than USA due to the currency difference, obviously.  But are you saying that in different regions of the US, ships are cheaper than others?    If so, I am finding proxy servers in the cheapest region to make my purchases through from here on out.  

Countries for certain.  You could try for different states and see if that changes prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[GLF]
Members
920 posts
14,951 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Countries for certain.  You could try for different states and see if that changes prices. 

Roger that.   Let us test this theory quickly then. 

Everyone post up your Massachusetts exact price, lets try to see if any states/regions are different and when logged in/out.   

In WI:   

browser price logged out 55.81. 

browser price logged in  55.81

cell phone logged out 55.81. 

cell phone logged in 55.81.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[WOLF2]
Members
255 posts
6,482 battles

In KY:

Browser price logged out 55.81. 

Browser price logged in  55.81

Cell phone logged out 55.81. 

Cell phone logged in 55.81.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,645
[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles

Most likely some tax issue.

On my EU server account, I get stuff cheaper than actual European Union players since I use a yandex.ru email login and a Ukraine DNS, so I don't pay EU's ridiculous VAT tax.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
Members
5,027 posts
2,259 battles
10 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

it probably is, i noticed when doing bills last week there was a small service fee on some of my Wg purchases.:Smile_amazed:

That's usually currency exchange fee for international transactions. (WG goes through Cyprus)

Also, on PC from US Midwest, 55.81 for Mass, logged in, or not.

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,381
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,512 posts
4,602 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Countries for certain.  You could try for different states and see if that changes prices. 

Mouse, are they quoting you Canadian dollars (loonies?)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,250
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,583 posts
9,403 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Mouse, are they quoting you Canadian dollars (loonies?)?

Yep.  However the price changes if you buy ships for players in different regions.  Buy someone a ship that lives in the EU and you'll get a different price than if you bought it for someone in Canada or Brazil or the United States.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76
[ARC]
Members
654 posts
9,293 battles
17 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Yep.  However the price changes if you buy ships for players in different regions.  Buy someone a ship that lives in the EU and you'll get a different price than if you bought it for someone in Canada or Brazil or the United States.

This is true. Latin american markets has a 20-25% lower price, because of the lower capability to purchase virtual goods on those countries. Doing the conversions off my head, Massachusetts costs $116.800 Colombian pesos, some US$35,50

Edited by hanesco
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×