Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CeltBlood

Unique Commanders

8 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
13,745 battles

I just activated Yamamoto's first special skill, by getting First Blood. He was on the Hosho and it has no consumables so no change visable there and when I got the first blood I was in over head map view so I did not notice any fireworks going off. I moved him to the Yamoto BB and there was no change in the amount of consumables on the BB... Before I start throwing doubloons at the problem by retraining and redistributing points. My question is does the unique commander have to br trained on the ship he is on or is there a glitch? Is there a way to see if it is actually activated in game? l don't see any obvious indicator that its actually been activated anywhere.

Any insight would be appreciated.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
17 minutes ago, CeltBlood said:

I just activated Yamamoto's first special skill, by getting First Blood. He was on the Hosho and it has no consumables so no change visable there and when I got the first blood I was in over head map view so I did not notice any fireworks going off. I moved him to the Yamoto BB and there was no change in the amount of consumables on the BB... Before I start throwing doubloons at the problem by retraining and redistributing points. My question is does the unique commander have to br trained on the ship he is on or is there a glitch? Is there a way to see if it is actually activated in game? l don't see any obvious indicator that its actually been activated anywhere.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Go into the Cmdr screen. To the left will be grey icons of the shinies. You have to click on them for them to show in-game.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,369 posts
5,824 battles
13 minutes ago, CeltBlood said:

I just activated Yamamoto's first special skill, by getting First Blood. He was on the Hosho and it has no consumables so no change visable there and when I got the first blood I was in over head map view so I did not notice any fireworks going off. I moved him to the Yamoto BB and there was no change in the amount of consumables on the BB... 

Did you also get first blood after moving to the BB?  It's not a permanent increase in consumables, it's per-game, whenever you get first blood.  As far as the fireworks go, on the skill-page screen for Yamamoto, on the far left are icons for his tracer colors and fireworks.  They have to be checked else neither you nor other players will not see them. Personally I keep the shell tracer colors of so as not to attract unneeded attention to myself. 

Members
14 posts
13,745 battles

You mean to tell me ... The Talents need to be activated everytime??? The consealed reserves is only activated per-game? And the second wind as well??? Makes no sense to get the second wind bonus for a kracken will take all game to get 5 ships and then its gone after that game??? What is the point of that?

[N-W-T]
Members
1,369 posts
5,824 battles
14 minutes ago, CeltBlood said:

You mean to tell me ... The Talents need to be activated everytime??? The consealed reserves is only activated per-game? And the second wind as well??? 

Yes. First blood is the easiest achievement in the game, maybe aside from Nelson/conquerer dreadnaughts. The kraken skill is indeed fairly useless in most games, but if you get it you can make a late game impact. 

[KAPPA]
Members
715 posts
5,649 battles
1 hour ago, CeltBlood said:

You mean to tell me ... The Talents need to be activated everytime??? The consealed reserves is only activated per-game? And the second wind as well??? Makes no sense to get the second wind bonus for a kracken will take all game to get 5 ships and then its gone after that game??? What is the point of that?

For one, he'd be brokenly OP if you had it from the start of every game after. Then the requirement would be far too low, and even then it'd still be something that is clearly unfair. If that were the case, Halesy would eventually give any US ship less detection range than a DD after a handful of times you get doublestrikes!

Heck, imagine a CV with the detection of a DD.

Now imagine a Midway with 0.1km detection or less. You'd be ramming them if you ever actually found one in the first place! The CV meta would be redefined by turning off your secondaries and AA just to not get spotted! It'd be all America all the time! ...More than it is already!

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
  • Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,631 battles
1 hour ago, CeltBlood said:

no just once on the captains menu. as for the abilites, YES if you want them to activate you have to get first blood and kraken in the game you are playing in!:fish_book: 

it makes perfect sense, why would you have access to an abilty that heals 50% of your HP at the start of a match?:Smile_sceptic: even the name should've given this away! Usually by the time most people get 5 kills their ship is on its last legs, 2nd wind rewards the player by giving HP back so the captain can finish the job if there's any resistance left!:cap_rambo:

Members
14 posts
13,745 battles

The whole idea just seems way too impossibly unuseful.

For first blood you get 1 extra consumable you may or may not use with a 1 in 24 chance of doing so.

Second wind you might get a Kracken 0.5% of the time and it will arrive so late as to be of no real use. I mean if you already knocked over 5 ships you already carried the team and then you get a buff for like the last few mins of the game... Most people will never get a Kracken lol.

Confederate achievement with William Halsey again a late game buff and really that late what will be left to shoot most times?

2X Strike...I got nothing lol... I only have a handful of 2x strikes in almost 12K games and to actually get a 2X strike ok the ships Halsey is on.  The odds would be astronomical lol.

But I did get tracers... which became a gun magnet :) I turned them off XD

Sign in to follow this