Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Batmantis_

Optimal Hindenburg Capt skills

15 comments in this topic

[1IF]
Members
100 posts
3,325 battles

I finished my Roon grind and am now the owner of a shiny, new Hindy in my port, my first T10. :Smile_izmena: I'm curious if most captains opt for the full AA build for captain skills.  My Hindy captain is almost to 19 points, and uses PT, AR, SI, DE, CE & AFT (Started out on Prinz Eugen, ground out on Graf Spee).  I equipped the hydro upgrade module since I've run with hydro on my German cruisers since Konigsberg.  I have the DFAA upgrade module that I can swap in as well.  I figure if I do a re-spec, I would likely dump SI and pick up Manual AA.  If not, I'll likely take Jack of All Trades for my last skill.  

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles

Hindy doesn't need a full AA build. CVs at T10 aren't frequent, and we dont know what the AA changes will fully be with the rework coming in a month.

I have two different builds for Hindy, one for PvP and one for Clan Battles. Are you asking for normal PvP?

[1IF]
Members
100 posts
3,325 battles
18 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Hindy doesn't need a full AA build. CVs at T10 aren't frequent, and we dont know what the AA changes will fully be with the rework coming in a month.

I have two different builds for Hindy, one for PvP and one for Clan Battles. Are you asking for normal PvP?

Yes, normal PvP, please and thank you. 

Edited by Z0RAK

[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles

I wouldn't give up the SI heal. I'm planning to go with PT/EL/Dual Aircraft, AR, Vig/SI, CE.  Last 3 points, not sure. Maybe EM and PM. You don't have radar, so having extra torp spotting range with German's excellent hydro, and double spotter planes, is helpful when hunting DDs. And you're usually spamming HE, but being able to swap to AP quickly before that Minotaur slides back into cover is worth more than many other skills IMO, given the Hindy's reload. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

[1IF]
Members
100 posts
3,325 battles

Okay, I already love this ship.  I just had my best game to date, with new damage record, almost 3000 base XP and a Kraken to top it off.

shot-18.12.19_22.14.48-0242.jpg

• Cool 3

Members
866 posts

I love Hindenburg. I use Flamu’s build opting for the longer range 8” vice higher rate of reload. I also have the hydro mod. 

This summer I will play a lot in this ship to get the unique mod. AA build is not necessarily. I find myself in three situations with that ship

1. Preferred near at least one other friendly. Using land as protection the longer range artillary makes me useful to a BB

2. Right up against a piece of land and needing the longer range rounds.  

3. In close using those 6km torps - Very good at stoping an advancing ship. Sometimes can be used to run in or around land to torp a BB. Kind of suicidal but If surprised by any enemy ship being good at deploying one or preferably both sides can change the outcome. 

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles

I use PT, EM, AR, SE, SI, CE, Joat, and HA for mine. And I use the range mod over the reload mod. Hindy at range is a nightmare to deal with.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

[1IF]
Members
100 posts
3,325 battles

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I'll switch to range mod which makes more sense given her detection range even with a full stealth build.  I didn't think she would need EM, but maybe I'll snag that for when I need to change my kiting direction.  Also, those of you that replied don't use Demo Expert in your builds, so I'll drop that and use the flags to maintain fire chance and pick something else.  Again, thanks! :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,183 posts
10,516 battles

Lose DE and take Vigilance. Combined with the Hydro, it lets you negate much of the torpedo threat. Especially from PADDs.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,072 posts
8,073 battles
Just now, HazardDrake said:

Lose DE and take Vigilance. Combined with the Hydro, it lets you negate much of the torpedo threat. Especially from PADDs.

I've been debating bumping one of the special german commanders to 19 points and doing this but meh.

With the hydro module, I really don't find Vigilance useful on the Hindenburg..

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,155 battles

Well it depends if you strictly kite.  If you want to be adaptable especially late game you're going to end up involved near caps and at that point Vig can really help you avoid stealthy torps from bad angles.  I wouldn't say it's necessary but I think it's effectively one of the better defensive talents.

Plus when hydro is off, Murphy's torpedo...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,183 posts
10,516 battles
7 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Plus when hydro is off, Murphy's torpedo...

Yup. Always 20 seconds after Hydro goes on cooldown. 

Members
22,338 posts
5,780 battles
11 hours ago, Z0RAK said:

I figure if I do a re-spec, I would likely dump SI and pick up Manual AA. 

I wouldn't bother. Most of Hindy's AA DPS is from her 55mm mounts, which aren't affected by MFCAA.

I run DFAA all the time, and use dual fighters and Vigilance as poor man's hydro.

I know German hydro is good, but I'm not keen on getting close enough to DDs to use it to hunt them.

I also use the range mod, I find that way, I have something to shoot at more often, and Hindy has no problems hitting at 20km.

Sign in to follow this