Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

Can't wait for this carrier rework

28 comments in this topic

[PSFL]
Members
66 posts
5,877 battles

Literally just played a game in my Bismarck. Fully upgraded with a Des Moines within 2 kms. Just got attacked by two dive bomber squadrons from a Midway that did 62,000 damage. What the heck...

:cap_viking::cap_viking:

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles
56 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Literally just played a game in my Bismarck. Fully upgraded with a Des Moines within 2 kms. Just got attacked by two dive bomber squadrons from a Midway that did 62,000 damage. What the heck...

:cap_viking::cap_viking:

13 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Highly likely those DBs had AP bombs. The german turtleback is a liability versus those.

Yeah that is why my Bismarck also Carriers Catapult Fighter instead of Spotter Plane

Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
14 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Highly likely those DBs had AP bombs. The german turtleback is a liability versus those.

Also AP bombs are not going away with the rework ther are just being moved from USN to IJN so that problem my continue even after the rework. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,049 posts
19,462 battles
4 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Also AP bombs are not going away with the rework ther are just being moved from USN to IJN so that problem my continue even after the rework. 

Plus instead of dying outright from instadeath torpedo or AP-itis, you get suffer long-term by flooding or burning to death from unceasing DoT attacks.

• Cool 1

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

Someone stated not to long ago on these forums that absolutely NO one wants the new CV rework.... none...  Within a day I saw the same sentiment you expressed by 2 players while in a game.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

Someone stated not to long ago on these forums that absolutely NO one wants the new CV rework.... none...  Within a day I saw the same sentiment you expressed by 2 players while in a game.

People should not think that they can speak for everyone.  Any time someone states that 'everyone' or 'no one' says X, that's likely to be incorrect.

Also the AP bombs were just on IJN ships for testing.  Where they show up for live, we shall have to see.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

All the CCs say that the rework gameplay is boring. However, something needs to be done about the vast skill difference between unicum and average CV players. If you look at wins and one team's CV has 71% while the other team's CV has 45% it's an almost certainty that the unicum's team will win. In several games today it was very clear who the unicum CV players were, even before checking their stats, because they didn't do things like group all their planes and then hug the borders or let planes suto-fly right back to the CV without spotting and also showing exactly where the CV was. In one match the enemy CV had every single DD on out team spotted the entire game. I'm afraid, however, that the rework will cause the CV unicums to go find other games to play.

Edited by Snargfargle

[FGNE]
Members
591 posts
3,079 battles
43 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

36 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Plus instead of dying outright from instadeath torpedo or AP-itis, you get suffer long-term by flooding or burning to death from unceasing DoT attacks.

Sure, the difference being that the air wing will not drop all bombs at once, the squadron will have to remain in your AA aura taking constant damage, and therefore possibly not being able to nuke you because it looses too many planes while trying to do so.

@Snargfargle

I dont know why the CCs say that, I actually found it enjoyable, but then again I do like both RTS and flight sims and while this is an over simplification of it I liked it ( to some extent, I still have my reservations with the latest developments).

Regarding the repetitiveness... I find it somewhat comparable to the repetitiveness of surface combatants.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,308 posts
20,171 battles

I can't wait either. A refund on all my tech tree carriers in free xp/credits, doubloon refunds for my camo and all my premium cvs, and captain respec's so I am happy. Going to use the free xp to buy Alaska, maybe two of them, and move on with my life. Will be glad when the whole sad mess is done. I admit I will miss my carriers but the rework is pretty awful looking. Playing aircraft appeals to me about as much as getting a kick to the groin, especially as a FPS perspective. It looks boring and silly, I want to play ships not planes. Anyways I hope the class just dies off in the main game. It is a shame but what they are doing is just terrible. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,049 posts
19,462 battles
1 hour ago, CO_Valle said:

Sure, the difference being that the air wing will not drop all bombs at once, the squadron will have to remain in your AA aura taking constant damage, and therefore possibly not being able to nuke you because it looses too many planes while trying to do so.

Regarding the repetitiveness... I find it somewhat comparable to the repetitiveness of surface combatants.

Except they don’t have to remain in the AA aura to attack again, that’s the entire point of speed boost, and to a lesser extent that there is a limited ability to dodge the AA bursts. ‘Killing planes’ isn’t as guaranteed as some think.

I don’t consider how ships work and the dullness of how planes work under the new system to be comparable in the slightest.

Members
1,084 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

From what i have heard this isn't being done for the sake of the PC WoWS players but for the future console WoWs players so i doubt they care. They see gold in thar console hills and are eager to mine it.

• Cool 1

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles
6 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

From what i have heard this isn't being done for the sake of the PC WoWS players but for the future console WoWs players so i doubt they care. They see gold in thar console hills and are eager to mine it.

Not entirely true - it was needed for many reasons that have been hashed over and over, including the thread I mentioned, and it allowed for the changes needed for consoles.  But the absolute driving reasons were not condoles.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
9 hours ago, CylonRed said:

We had a topic with a poll few days ago, 90% thinks that CVs need some kind of rework, only 10% think that CVs are fine. About 32% want a rework but with the current RTS style and about 58% wants a total rework. 

[RLGN]
Members
717 posts
5,732 battles
10 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Someone also stated that removing stealth fire would make destroyers worthless.  Someone also said the audio alarm for torpedoes would make torpedoes worthless.  Someone also said no one wants aircraft carriers to even be in the game.  "Someone" says a lot of things.

10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

All the CCs say that the rework gameplay is boring. However, something needs to be done about the vast skill difference between unicum and average CV players. If you look at wins and one team's CV has 71% while the other team's CV has 45% it's an almost certainty that the unicum's team will win. In several games today it was very clear who the unicum CV players were, even before checking their stats, because they didn't do things like group all their planes and then hug the borders or let planes suto-fly right back to the CV without spotting and also showing exactly where the CV was. In one match the enemy CV had every single DD on out team spotted the entire game. I'm afraid, however, that the rework will cause the CV unicums to go find other games to play.

All the CCs YOU listen to.  You're right about the issues, but not only have some CV players like Fem eventually come around to the rework, it wouldn't be a huge loss to the game in player count nor revenue if all twelve CV unicums left the game.  To the OP though, I certainly am looking forward to it as well.

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles
12 hours ago, CylonRed said:

You and the OP think that will go away with CV rework? The AP bombs are still there but on IJN CVs

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles
1 hour ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Someone also stated that removing stealth fire would make destroyers worthless.  Someone also said the audio alarm for torpedoes would make torpedoes worthless.  Someone also said no one wants aircraft carriers to even be in the game.  "Someone" says a lot of things.

All the CCs YOU listen to.  You're right about the issues, but not only have some CV players like Fem eventually come around to the rework, it wouldn't be a huge loss to the game in player count nor revenue if all twelve CV unicums left the game.  To the OP though, I certainly am looking forward to it as well.

Lol. You do realise that fem works for WG now. Even if she doesnt like it she is supposed to fake it. They wont have one of their own employees trashing their work

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,308 posts
20,171 battles
7 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Lol. You do realise that fem works for WG now. Even if she doesnt like it she is supposed to fake it. They wont have one of their own employees trashing their work

Yeah and it is a shame. I always enjoyed her videos and streams, totally likable and just fun to watch play the game. The minute she became a Wargaming employee everything she says is suspect because as an employee, she is expected to toe the company line. I don't hold this against her as this is true of almost all of us who have employers and want to keep their job. I just don't trust her opinions on the game any more. 

• Cool 1

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
325 posts
8,330 battles

I have to say I am on side with OP, even though I have CV main friend that would hate the rework. It is just very unfunny to have a 45% CV on my team and a 75% CV on the enemy team...

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

if yall think the CV rework is a nerf, you are sorely mistaken. the CV skill gap isn't going away either. fara did a great vid about the rework.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
1 hour ago, FirestormMk3 said:

some CV players like Fem eventually come around to the rework

A CC who now works for WG may have to toe the party line a bit more than someone who doesn't. Perhaps the rework will make for more CV players. If so, then it has attained its primary goal. However, I still think that most of the RTS experts will migrate elsewhere as CV play will no longer be RTS. I'm pretty sure that there are more than a dozen very good CV players in the game too. I count at least 14 CV players in the top 100 of the leaderboard and that's just one leaderboard of one server.

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
12 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

People should not think that they can speak for everyone.  Any time someone states that 'everyone' or 'no one' says X, that's likely to be incorrect.

Also the AP bombs were just on IJN ships for testing.  Where they show up for live, we shall have to see.

EVERYONE hates the idea of AP bombs on Japanese ships!!!!!

Sorry brother I couldn't resist  :Smile_great:

• Funny 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,301 posts
3,259 battles
1 hour ago, Kevs02Accord said:

if yall think the CV rework is a nerf, you are sorely mistaken. the CV skill gap isn't going away either. fara did a great vid about the rework.

I played all 3 tests. While I'm no CV expert.  I did play them quite a bit in Alpha & Beta.   I think the rework will be a Large Net Nerf in terms of effect on random battle outcome.    I think the days of seeing CV players with 80-90 % w/r  with 100s of games played in a CV are over.   Are high tier CVs going to put out a lot of damage.. yes skilled players will.  Will UNI's be able to almost absolutely guarantee victory for their team now.. No I think those days will be done.   The thing to remember about the rework is this will be a 1st iteration.. I'm sure we are going to see a lot of evolution based on RL balancing and players input.  Is it perfect?   Nope.  I think they have made some questionable decisions with it.    But you really can't know until you put it in live players hands and let the show & tell you what is good and what is bad.      The real mistake they made was leaving the old system around for so long..  It was never right for this game.  

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,183 posts
10,513 battles
2 hours ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Someone also stated that removing stealth fire would make destroyers worthless.

It put high tier USN and IJN DDs in dead last as far as DD performance. T8 Benson games, for example, played over 2 weeks dropped in half after 6.3. DD play became extremely passive.

The bloom changes were such a disaster for DD survivability that WG had to nerf BB AP against them because they are so visible for so long now. Are you already forgetting that?

2 hours ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Someone also said the audio alarm for torpedoes would make torpedoes worthless.

They did. BBs became so overpopulated due to the reduced torpedo threat that WG introduced D.W. torpedoes, nerfed, BB fighter action time, and nerfed air spotting of torpedoes. 

You really need to get better examples, these ones don’t help you at all.

[-BUI-]
Members
861 posts
2,844 battles

Me either, I'm looking forward to playing games as a DD without being perma-spotted.

Sign in to follow this