You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

One of those "Oh crap" moments

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,503 posts
14,622 battles

Heading back to our cap in my QE to defend a red CA (I thought) trying to make a cap run.  I round the corner....and find a DD.  I'm thinking..oh dear...this might not go good. Then...there's another one.  I'm like "Oh crap"....two DDs....one QE (me)...close range....what could possibly go wrong?  I get one salvo off on the second one and begin to brace for the wall of torps.  Just as my salvo hits the second one....not enough damage to kill...so now I'm a de-fanged QE at close range versus two DDs.

Then...the miracle.  The first DD launched a torp spread that was intercepted by the second DD just as my salvo arrived.  My salvo didn't do enough damage, but the torp was enough to finish the HP pool.  Boom!  TK.

I was then able to use the corpse of the second to help shield me on the run in to the other DD...now smoked up.  In the meantime, a friendly DD appeared and we...together...dispatched the remaining enemy DD...and the final cost to me was two torps and some flooding...eventually repaired.

Those who know DDs and know the QE (particularly the turret rotation in close) will also know that a close in duel with a QE almost always favors the DD.  Two DDs...and you're toast.  But never give up.    

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[PQUOD]
Members
1,672 posts
8,844 battles
27 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Heading back to our cap in my QE to defend a red CA (I thought) trying to make a cap run.  I round the corner....and find a DD.  I'm thinking..oh dear...this might not go good. Then...there's another one.  I'm like "Oh crap"....two DDs....one QE (me)...close range....what could possibly go wrong?  I get one salvo off on the second one and begin to brace for the wall of torps.  Just as my salvo hits the second one....not enough damage to kill...so now I'm a de-fanged QE at close range versus two DDs.

Then...the miracle.  The first DD launched a torp spread that was intercepted by the second DD just as my salvo arrived.  My salvo didn't do enough damage, but the torp was enough to finish the HP pool.  Boom!  TK.

I was then able to use the corpse of the second to help shield me on the run in to the other DD...now smoked up.  In the meantime, a friendly DD appeared and we...together...dispatched the remaining enemy DD...and the final cost to me was two torps and some flooding...eventually repaired.

Those who know DDs and know the QE (particularly the turret rotation in close) will also know that a close in duel with a QE almost always favors the DD.  Two DDs...and you're toast.  But never give up.    

Good job! Yes, I have rushed BB's in lower tiers while driving a DD. If you hit speed boost you can zip past faster than their turrets can rotate. This would not be as advised  in higher tier matches where the BB secondary fire will turn you to Swiss cheese while simultaneously BBQ'ing you.

+1 to OP

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,682 battles

turkey event, in my Fuso fighting GC, Kongo, Kirov by myself and there is this dd just came out from the rock and torp me to death

I was like HOLYYYYYY SHIIITTTT where is she coming from?

and I am sunk

[MLPVA]
Members
232 posts
3,262 battles

Not 30 minute ago, I was in my Z-23 in a Tier X battle. I launched a set of torpedoes thinking I had room ahead off the bow of a friendly Großer Kurfürst nearby. It wasnt until they were on their way that I realized that no, I did not have room. He ended up eating all four of them on the nose, and I ended up with pink status for a couple battles. I still feel bad for it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,212 posts
10,893 battles

There is only one thing to say.

6B2KxB1.jpg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,205 posts
14,107 battles
55 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Just ram the little ones....