You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Alaska price riot thread

36 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Yeah, I'm pissed. I waited and waited and freaking waited. I played and played and played to cross the 750k finish line and they pull 1 mil out of their butts. 

Why? Because why not? It will sell. Whatever. 

Flame me, downvote me, ban me, stab me, shoot me, kill me, but that is load of Grade A Bovine crap. 

This is how I picture anyone at wargaming HQ: Dr Evil saying "ONE MILLLLLLION XP, MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...." 

31woRwL.png

Or maybe since its the "holidays"

L6dYP3K.jpg

Merry freaking Christmas.... 

• Cool 17
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 3

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles

A forumite creates a thread to concentrate all expressions of riotious indignation in one place, must be a Canadian.

• Funny 6

[NGAGE]
Members
3,259 posts
8,175 battles

I'm not really surprised.

JB was more than the Musashi for coal, so if the Alaska was 750k it'd mean they only bumped up the price for JB and not Alaska.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,594 posts
5,723 battles

I’m not rioting over it, but I do find the inflation to be rather disappointing. 

Edited by SkaerKrow
  • Cool 1

Members
715 posts

Im going to upvote you even though we all knew it wouldnt be 750k if it was fexp as wg said repeatedly 750k was to 'cheap'.  Considering the conversion price of fexp for 750k is wayyy more then the JB price of $80 i fail to see how thats possible.  And for everyone 1 person with 4million fexp there is prolly a couple thousand of us with under 100k of it.   Is fexp easier to get? Yes if you have the flags for it, but it is in no way raining from the heavens for all players.

• Cool 3

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles

Play Clan Battles, 35k guaranteed FXP per win if you stack the right economy items

8 games will net you 250k+ FXP, assuming you have a normal 50% win rate you can get this done in less than 4 hours.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,259 posts
8,175 battles
1 minute ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Play Clan Battles, 35k guaranteed FXP per win if you stack the right economy items

8 games will net you 250k+ FXP, assuming you have a normal 50% win rate you can get this done in less than 4 hours.

And if you feel like clan battles are too elitist (lol) you can instead play operations, you get a lot of xp in them too as you are more likely to win and get reasonable base xp.

You lose the clan wars fxp free bonus but still can get decently high base xp consistently.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,186 posts
15,384 battles

Bought the Missouri for 750k Free Exp and it was worth it. 

Bought the Musashi for 750k Free Exp and it was Meh, wish I had saved the Free Exp. 

Passed on the Kronny because its ugly, stupid and I didn't like playing it. 

I've got enough for the Alaska, maybe I'll pick it up if I feel like it. 

• Cool 3

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Guys, I know how to grind for XP. That is not the point.

This is a random price increase for the sheer hell of it, and it sucks. There is no way in the warmest hell the Alaska is gonna be 250k better than the Kron. 

I am not a sheep, I will not be fleeced. 

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
39 posts
11,016 battles

The price increased because the medium to get it is now easier to obtain. Whether you consider that fair or not,  it's still the case. 

• Cool 4

Members
5,456 posts
6,167 battles

If I'm honest, I'm disappointed in the price increase as well. I've been grinding out fxp for Alaska since she was announced as a test ship. I'm only at about 640k now. And that's with reducing my use of fxp on newly acquired ships to avoid a stock grind. Now I've got to accumulate roughly 400k more(though I do have some doubloons to use for converting, but probably not 400k exp), instead of 150k.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,893 posts
4,501 battles

The inflation is definitely a mixed bag - this coming from a captain who doesn't care to have an Alaska.

To those who want the Alaska, they have to shelve out more FXP in order to get her, especially when compared to the current FXP ships that will be leaving soon.

On the other hand, the bountiful opportunities to get FXP allows for more ease to get to Tier X on regular trees.

Members
15 posts
4,349 battles

The fact is it's easier to earn 1M fxp now than it is to earn 750k fxp back then for Missouri. But since the conversion rate is the same some may feel that the price has inflated. I would suggest increasing the conversion rate so that the price for converting the FXP remains the same.

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,242 battles
8 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Guys, I know how to grind for XP. That is not the point.

This is a random price increase for the sheer hell of it, and it sucks. There is no way in the warmest hell the Alaska is gonna be 250k better than the Kron. 

I am not a sheep, I will not be fleeced. 

There were threads weeks ago about the 1m FXP for Alaska in the game code so no surprise here.

Plus WG stated they were pulling the Musashi & Krohn because they felt too many players had acquired them at the 750k FXP price and too many were showing up in games.

It's easy to print FXP with all the new flags so it won't take long to get the additional 250k.

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,563 battles
36 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

A forumite creates a thread to concentrate all expressions of riotious indignation in one place, must be a Canadian.

Ironic, when I tried that by making a compendium of all threads during chasegate, I got a strike...

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
5 minutes ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

Ironic, when I tried that by making a compendium of all threads during chasegate, I got a strike...

pfft; low quality strike.

(They were handing them out very cheaply back then, for all sorts of..unmentionable reasons.)

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,563 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

pfft; low quality strike.

truly those were darker times...

Beta Testers
281 posts
8,113 battles

Sad its now 1 million XP were all my plans were based on 750k. 750k XP is a lot of work, when I heard about Missouri being released I saved all my free XP than heard they were removing it so worked hard to make as much as I could and only reached 270k at time they removed it.

• Cool 1

[ZR]
Privateers, Supertester
686 posts
5,390 battles

ok sure let's just give away Alaskas for no cost to everyone

only then can we satisfy people here

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
843 posts
4,683 battles
Just now, mrmariokartguy said:

ok sure let's just give away Alaskas for no cost to everyone

only then can we satisfy people here

But it's not a Stalingraaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

• Funny 1

[FGNE]
Members
609 posts
3,167 battles

I don’t mind the 1M price tag... as long as WG gives me enough time to grind it; I’m a busy man with a job and a family, and can’t play as much as I would like.

I barely made it to the Kronshtadt before hey remove it.

Edited by CO_Valle