You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Snowflake Progress Thread

217 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles

So, let's have a thread where we can discuss our progress on the snowflakes.

I have 146 qualifying ships for the event between the Coal ones and Steel ones. I started out with my T5's 1st thing today (well 1 T2 before I remembered the daily's) so that I was sure to do the daily missions towards Dreadnought at the same time. I was able to finish off the daily's and then work on my sub T5 stuff as well. Made good progress finishing off all my T2/T3/T4/T5 qualifying ships and even a couple T6 despite splitting time between the game, forums, and IRL stuff. So 29 down and  117 to go.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,195 posts
5,726 battles

I went through all 20 of my tier 8+ premium ships with a grand total of 4200 steel (+5% from the clan steel bonus)

Will work on my tier 10s and 9s tech tree ships later

[WOLF9]
Members
3,714 posts

I went through my entire qualifying French Fleet.  (cuz last time I played I had the filter set to show French ships, lol)   Won a ton of coal, and 50 steels.   I'm debating whether to buy back Rich just for the mission, and whether or not to use fxp for the last 90k or so to get Republique.  Probably not.

Took out Myoko, and had a good game in it to finish the day.  Guess I'll do the IJN next- as I have a TON of premiums for it.   Inc all the ARP ships.

BB's were useless today.  The queue was chock full of cruisers and DD's, so games rarely lasted long enough to do much in a BB...

I may just be able to wring enough coal out of this to get Salem!

[NDA]
Supertester
5,155 posts
15,328 battles

Coal Force Update: we have met the enemy and it is cold.
All T2 and T3 premiums saved from Snowflakes, T4 is not being threatened, T5 was a slog but its done.
Will Defend T6 this evening.
Co-op, So much Co-op.

At the beginning of each match the Sinksalot Feet issues the call to arms, "Coal Force Assemble, The Snowflakes are Attack." 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles

I'm 30 ships into 100ish for the snowflakes.(really glade I didn't sell to many of the ships while grinding up the lines) pity they didn't let the tiers 2-4 normals also get in the action.:fish_book:

Members
1,195 posts

I have just done my 26 steel qualifying ships.

I am now about to start my 8 x tier VIII coal qualifying ships.

then I will be into my 21 x  tier VII coal qualifying ships.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
725 posts
10,759 battles

Having every T9 and T10, it took me a while.  With a few breaks and a quick trip to the store, it took me around 8 1/2 hrs to do (looking at when I did the 1st battle with Yugumo and the last one in Republique).  I'm now currently working on my Prem 8, 9 and 10's.  I went back and bought a few of the 9's I had sold/skipped, which did set me back a bit, but overall worth it for me.  Flint is my target here.  She's the ship I want the most out of the list.:Smile_great:

[WHB]
Beta Testers
275 posts
3,351 battles

Started with my Japanese tier 2-4 premiums. Just started US tier 2-4. I plan on going through the lower tiers 2-4 of each nation first. Then move on to the next set of tiers. I figured it would be most effective to use higher tiers for the later parts of the campaign.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
634 posts
9,754 battles

Finished my dailies in 6 games, now off to tier 2 and 3 for a while.

Now only 120 or so more to go.

[FGNE]
Members
594 posts
3,105 battles

I won’t be around here for the season, since I’m traveling, so I started from top to bottom.

All steel ships are already snowflaked.

Will now work on the coal ones.

[WK]
725 posts
10,759 battles

Newly purchased ships will get em as well.  I had to buy 2 today, Jutland and Daring.

[WK]
725 posts
10,759 battles

Well, done with all the steel ships.  With the mission that comes from the PE bundle, I now have 11419 steel.:Smile_playing:  With breaks, took about 6 1/2hrs to get through all of the 8s, 9s and the one 10 premium ship I have. :Smile_great:

I'll start on the Coal tomorrow. :cap_like:

[SIDE]
Members
792 posts
4,103 battles

I just played 6 games with my Mass, all losses due to incredibly incompetent and passive teams. I'm starting to realize why every one just goes to co-op to snooze through the ship list. ._.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,196 battles
9 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I just played 6 games with my Mass, all losses due to incredibly incompetent and passive teams. I'm starting to realize why every one just goes to co-op to snooze through the ship list. ._.

Come on over to co-op and grind out the rewards. You won't need signals or premium consumables. You won't make much in the credit department but the matches are going by quickly. I was in one match today, lasted 3 minutes, 50 seconds. Was a new speed record finishing a PvE match. Battleships are scoring low because they just can not farm enough damage before the match ends though.

Beta Testers
1,068 posts
6,306 battles

Finished my Tier 8-10 premiums. Netted around 6100 Steel. Still need to do all the standard Tier 9-10 though. Should be around 9k'ish after that.

Did I read the campaign/event/missions rewards correctly in that one can earn another 10K Steel from all those events in total if you buy that big package?

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts

Like most WOWS events (with the exception of the ARP Takao, which I really wanted), I tend to just play normally and let the snowflakes fall where they may.

[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
5,673 battles
26 minutes ago, BlazerSS said:

is it only once a week? the ones I got didn't replace today..

It's only once per ship for the entirety of the event

[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
5,673 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Like most WOWS events (with the exception of the ARP Takao, which I really wanted), I tend to just play normally and let the snowflakes fall where they may.

I have a baby on the way early in January, so I'm going to grind my butt off to get these done just in case he decides to pop out early 

• Cool 2

[AFK]
Members
139 posts
12,063 battles

I can use the steel..I didn't notice any from Clan battles last night..when does that come in?

[5IN]
Supertester
1,983 posts
9,196 battles

For the sake of the community, I ran through my CVs in co-op matches yesterday morning and then started with my T9s.  No rush to finish this event... plenty of time with the holidays fast approaching.

Good luck all! :Smile_honoring:

B

• Cool 1