Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Prinz Eitel Friedrich vs WV 41

19 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
304 posts
1,912 battles

Where do I spend my money, which one do you like better and why?

[13CLM]
Members
304 posts
1,912 battles
16 minutes ago, BigBlackRat said:

Contrasts4-1024x576.jpg

Damn, that sucks, I really like the German line......but, best bang of the buck is going to be the WV41.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles
40 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I have both and like both.

PEF has decent speed and the AA is very good although not OP even with an AA build (it's a 79 rating with AAGM2 and BFT/AFT - I would not call it "awesome" as LWM does - it's good but not awesome). It aloo has really good secondary guns with good range for a T6 (I am considering swapping AAGM2 for SBM2 and see what it does - range now is 6km+). It seems to be pretty accurate and puts a lot of shells on target with the occasional what was that volley. PEF is a big/long ship like Gneisenau with guns that remind me of Bayern (damage wise/shell performance); just more accurate. PEF  feels to me like a cross between them (no torps of course). Best way I can describe it.

WV41 has much more powerful guns when they hit and is more maneuverable. AA is disappointing for a US BB (it's actually worse than NM and AZ). It's a nerfed Colorado at T6. IF you know what  Colorado is you know what WV41 is (just with way worse AA). Slow, but maneuverable, hard hitting guns with decent accuracy, and good tankiness. 

Both are good ships. IF you like KM BB play I say go PEF. IF you like US BB play go WV41.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,642 posts
8,217 battles

Prinz is free, if you are patient. Also, CV rework will see a HUGE amount of cvs in game in February, WV41 is cv food, Prinz eats planes for breakfast.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

If i had to chose one, i would go with PEF. But since we can get PEF for free i would go with WV41. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,767 posts
4,420 battles
46 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

Damn, that sucks, I really like the German line......but, best bang of the buck is going to be the WV41.

I would say that Arizona (if you don't have her) might be better than WV 41 since she has guns that don't tend to overpen. 

[13CLM]
Members
304 posts
1,912 battles
12 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I would say that Arizona (if you don't have her) might be better than WV 41 since she has guns that don't tend to overpen. 

I have the Arizona, she is a great ship.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,330 posts
17,665 battles

WV41's guns are leagues better... If you can hit.  Her problem is the same with many BBs having 8 guns, their accuracy may be bad or actually decent, but when BB RNG screws you over with 8 rifles, it screws you bad.

Conqueror's 457mm x8 guns have 2.0 Sigma.  When BB RNG decides to flip her off, she's way off.  WV41 has 1.8 Sigma.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,727 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have both and like both.

PEF has decent speed and the AA is very good although not OP even with an AA build (it's a 79 rating with AAGM2 and BFT/AFT - I would not call it "awesome" as LWM does - it's good but not awesome). It aloo has really good secondary guns with good range for a T6 (I am considering swapping AAGM2 for SBM2 and see what it does - range now is 6km+). It seems to be pretty accurate and puts a lot of shells on target with the occasional what was that volley. PEF is a big/long ship like Gneisenau with guns that remind me of Bayern (damage wise/shell performance); just more accurate. PEF  feels to me like a cross between them (no torps of course). Best way I can describe it.

WV41 has much more powerful guns when they hit and is more maneuverable. AA is disappointing for a US BB (it's actually worse than NM and AZ). It's a nerfed Colorado at T6. IF you know what  Colorado is you know what WV41 is (just with way worse AA). Slow, but maneuverable, hard hitting guns with decent accuracy, and good tankiness. 

Both are good ships. IF you like KM BB play I say go PEF. IF you like US BB play go WV41.

Because you need to use Manual AA because all her hitting power is in her 105s. With flag and skill, you can get her long range DPM above 330 at Tier 6, it's crazy.

[FML]
Members
2,479 posts
11,921 battles
2 hours ago, Markk9 said:

Why not both?

Buy PEF, use it to rush through the missions to get the PEF - which will reward doubloons. Use doubloons to buy WV41.

Or something else if you get sick of mid tier battleship play.

?

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
10 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Why not both?

Buy PEF, use it to rush through the missions to get the PEF - which will reward doubloons. Use doubloons to buy WV41.

Or something else if you get sick of mid tier battleship play.

Actually a solid idea Ultimate. I forgot you get doubloons if you buy the ship initially. I may do that myself although skip the WV. Thanks for the reminder!

[FML]
Members
2,479 posts
11,921 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Actually a solid idea Ultimate. I forgot you get doubloons if you buy the ship initially. I may do that myself although skip the WV. Thanks for the reminder!

No worries! :-)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

It's why I bought it vs just doing the campaign - gives doubloons if you already have it. 6850 as I recall.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's why I bought it vs just doing the campaign - gives doubloons if you already have it. 6850 as I recall.

I did the same thing about 5 minutes after Ultimate reminded me you got doubloons when you finished the campaign. All the pressure of getting the missions done is gone, seems a small price to pay. It is a shame there wasn't a reasonable bundle to buy with that campaign and the ship.

Sign in to follow this