Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Thanks WG! Not only am I rollin' in coal...

13 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,006 posts
6,966 battles

But I am finally taking a lot of ships out that I either haven't touched in a long time or never played at all.  So far I took out a secondary spec'd Mikasa (what a HOOT) and a Katori (yeesh).  Wins both times.

After dinner I am going to take out my Ishizuchi for the first time (with my 19 pt Musashi captain in it).

I feel so dirty!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,074 battles

LOL Yeah this is going to be a large part of the fun for this event. Can't wait until I have a longer game play session after the holidays.

Members
1,797 posts
9,325 battles

What are you guys doing with captains? For ships you dont have any assigned? Im a bit reluctant to spend cpt XP to move them around. Are you just throwing on a new capt for those ships?

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
398 posts
3,251 battles

Since I mainly do co-op,  a 0-pt captain would suffice.  Maybe a mod if none are equipped.  

Edit:  That's for tech-tree ships.  Premiums would be assigned to my admirals.   Yeah, my Albany is going to be assigned to my highest ranked admiral tonight.  It's going to be glorious!

Edited by Ann_Darrow

[RLGN]
Members
10,029 posts
19,421 battles
13 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

What are you guys doing with captains? For ships you dont have any assigned? Im a bit reluctant to spend cpt XP to move them around. Are you just throwing on a new capt for those ships?

Most of my ships already have captains one way or other. WG has thrown so many at us, including 10 point captains that have never been used, that finding one isn’t really an issue.

When you think about how ‘expensive’ moving captains around might be; (whatever you use to pay for it,) consider also how much elite xp might be earned. In the end, which is more valuable to you.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,699 posts

That's what I've been doing- if there's no commander, I just assign a new 3 pointer.

The funny part is, in two of those ships, Bertin and La Gal, I had my best games of the day, lol.   Today I'm knocking the snowflakes off my French fleet.   Took Aigle out for the first time ever with my 10 point De Grasse captain.  Not a bad little ship- but those turrets need some GREASE!

So far, it's added nicely to my coal total.   As icing on the cake, I pulled an Abruzzi out of a $3 box, lol. (I was hoping for more coal, or doubloons, but that'll do!)

Still got Algerie and my never before played Martel to go.

Members
1,797 posts
9,325 battles

Thanks for the responses. I think Ill just put new capts on them. Especially if I decide to do these in co-op. But I have an itch to take out my non played tech tree ships in pvp just for a whirl for this event. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Members
115 posts
15,374 battles

I just did a count and I have 177 ships that I have to farm these snowflakes off of.  Looks like I will be a little busy these next few weeks.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
32 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

The ships he named are all premiums, so he can move any captain in from that nation w/o penalty or cost, and move them back to their 'home' ship.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Most of my ships already have captains one way or other. WG has thrown so many at us, including 10 point captains that have never been used, that finding one isn’t really an issue.

When you think about how ‘expensive’ moving captains around might be; (whatever you use to pay for it,) consider also how much elite xp might be earned. In the end, which is more valuable to you.

Yeah, all my tech-tree ships have at least a 3 pointer.  On the other hand, my premiums, with about 3 exceptions, don't have their 'own' captains, and I move a high one from elsewhere to use while I'm on the ship.

[RLGN]
Members
10,029 posts
19,421 battles
12 minutes ago, Njanear said:

I just did a count and I have 177 ships that I have to farm these snowflakes off of.  Looks like I will be a little busy these next few weeks.

177 T5 and up? Dang...

Sign in to follow this