Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

XP XP XP ? Bit of help pls!

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,867 battles

I got this XP  thing and how to use it down fairly well but I find the WoW Wiki site a tad bit confusing on some matters pertaining to XP and it's variations, how to use it, etc..  Confusion can occur when you are over 100 years old.:Smile_sad:  All I want is someone who can direct me to a site other that Wiki that explains XP in pretty simple terms if one exists.  Just give me the site.  Pls don't bother explaining it yourself.  No need.  Just the site.  Tks much. I been doing pretty good (for me) here lately and I need simple info which will help me to better understand how to use all this XP.  Free XP, ship XP....XP XP XP etc.  I betcha others get confused about XP also. Well.....maybe. 

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,864
[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

You mean, what all goes into determining the XP amount for a given battle?  WG has not made the details public. 

For what is known, see here.

Edit:  That page actually does a pretty crappy job of explaining the different types and what goes into XP.  I'll look elsewhere.

 

20 minutes ago, dmckay said:

direct me to a site other that Wiki

Don't know of one.  Yet.

 

Edited by iDuckman
Wiki icki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
180 posts
2,725 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You mean, what all goes into determining the XP amount for a given battle?  WG has not made the details public. 

For what is known, see here.

 

I think he means free xp, versus elite ship xp, versus ship xp, versus elite captain xp, versus captain xp, plus any ones I've overlooked or misnamed. :cap_fainting:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,864
[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

All the ship XPs are explained on that page of the wiki.  The Commander XPs are explained in the Commanders article.

What are you having trouble with, @dmckay?

LWM et al. have also spoken to the subject, but I can't point to a specific place.  Perhaps in the Guides forum?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,867 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

All the ship XPs are explained on that page of the wiki.  The Commander XPs are explained in the Commanders article.

What are you having trouble with, @dmckay?

LWM et al. have also spoken to the subject, but I can't point to a specific place.  Perhaps in the Guides forum?

 

Free XP....a bit confused on that.

 

8 minutes ago, Bianchi4Me said:

I think he means free xp, versus elite ship xp, versus ship xp, versus elite captain xp, versus captain xp, plus any ones I've overlooked or misnamed. :cap_fainting:

Ya.  All this I am not totally clear on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
18 minutes ago, dmckay said:

help me to better understand how to use all this XP.  Free XP, ship XP....XP XP XP

Ship XP is to get the hull/propulsion/GFCT (extend gun range), torp, fighter planes/torp planes/dive-bomb planes upgrade or alternatively buying the next tier ship; and if you still playing on the famous ship and the ship is fully upgraded, and you bough the next tier ship, that ship is now earn the title Elite. The XP that you accumulate and be use to convert to Free XP

Free XP spend on upgrades as above and buy premium ship with freeXP, for example you need ship XP 500 to get the hull B upgrade, but you so far earned 200, you can use 300 Free XP to quickly upgrade to hull B Or if you have no ship XP you can use 500 free XP

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,828 posts
9,396 battles

Mejash has a series for new players. Look at the playlist this is in. It goes over the XP types. 

Edit wrong vid that was the first one. Here is the FXP one. He has one on cmdr xp too.

 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
522
[CVA16]
Members
3,166 posts
11,042 battles
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

The XP that you accumulate and be use to convert to Free XP

Just be ready to take out that second mortgage to cover the conversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,864
[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

Base XP (BXP) is the unmodified earnings of a ship in battle.  It includes damage done, to what, potential damage, spotting damage, capping, and ghad knows what.

Modified ship XP (XP) is Base XP modified by bonuses from signals, camo, premium time, etc etc etc.  This is what is tracked on your port screen.  It can be spent on modules and tech tree ships.

Free XP (FXP) is a different type of XP awarded normally at a rate of 5% of Modified XP.  It can itself be modified (e.g. Papa Papa signal).  Free XP can be spent on ships, modules, etc etc.

Elite (ship) XP (EXP) is modified XP earned on an Elite ship.  It can be spent (only) for buying more Free XP.  Normally it just accumulates.

Commander XP (CXP) is XP earned by your ship's captain.  The amount is pretty much equivalent to modified ship XP, with it's own set of bonuses.  It only counts toward captain skills.

Elite Commander XP (ECXP) is Commander XP earned by a 19 point commander or from missions.  It can be applied to any commander.

 

Try taking apart your Credits and XP screen from a battle and figure out where each number came from.  It's a little complicated but straightforward.  (Note that Free XP has a popup that displays what went into it.)

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
731
[N-W-T]
Members
1,368 posts
5,806 battles
31 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I got this XP  thing and how to use it down fairly well but I find the WoW Wiki site a tad bit confusing on some matters pertaining to XP and it's variations, how to use it, etc..  Confusion can occur when you are over 100 years old.:Smile_sad:  All I want is someone who can direct me to a site other that Wiki that explains XP in pretty simple terms if one exists.  Just give me the site.  Pls don't bother explaining it yourself.  No need.  Just the site.  Tks much. I been doing pretty good (for me) here lately and I need simple info which will help me to better understand how to use all this XP.  Free XP, ship XP....XP XP XP etc.  I betcha others get confused about XP also. Well.....maybe. 

You're over 100? Seriously?  Were you in WW2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,867 battles
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

You're over 100? Seriously?  Were you in WW2?

100....naaaa  joking.....69 actually.  Born 1 year before Truman fired your azz for insubordination. He should have retired after his big success at Inchon. He was getting old and got sloppy when he headed into N Korea.  Underestimated the Red Chinese.  Carry on mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,867 battles
15 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Free XP is a different type of XP awarded normally at a rate of 5% of the modified XP.  It can itself be modified (e.g. Papa Papa signal).  Free XP can be spent on ships, modules, etc etc.

Base XP is the unmodified earnings of a ship in battle.  It includes damage done, to what, potential damage, spotting damage, and ghad knows what.

Modified ship XP is base XP modified by bonuses from signal, camo, premium time, etc etc etc.  This is what is tracked on your port screen.  It can be spent on modules and tech tree ships.

Elite (ship) XP is modified XP earned on an Elite ship.  It can be spent (only) for buying more Free XP.  Normally it just accumulates.

 

Try taking apart your Credits and XP screen from a battle and figure out where each number came from.  It's a little complicated but straightforward.  (Note that Free XP has a popup that displays what went into it.)

 

Tks.  That clarified some things.  It CAN get a bit complicated. By now I should have it down but I still have some confusion at times. XP can be a bit complicated IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,864
[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

XP can be a bit complicated IMO. 

I edited the message you quote to elaborate a bit.  Hopefully it will help more now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492
[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles
58 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I've re-written the Experience section of the wiki page.  See it's less confusing now.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Experience

 

+1, amigo ...

Noticed several places on that page, and God knows where else, there'll be a lot of changes needed with the new WOWS Premium Time. 

Guess your work never ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×