You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
needlenoses4

SHIP XP

15 comments in this topic

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles

Will try to make this simple;  I have three ships that I want to keep even though I have researched the next ship in the tier for each.  Nagato, Bismarck and Monarch ( wouldn't miss the Monarch so might sell )  anyway, as I continue to take these ships out from time to time, what use is there for the ship XP I mount up.  Is there a way to convert it to, say free XP or gold etc.   I won't build up as rapidly as it would as a go-to ship would.  Would be good to know.  I want to keep at least 1 ship per tier for each class for clan battles etc 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,736 posts
11,088 battles
1 minute ago, needlenoses4 said:

Will try to make this simple;  I have three ships that I want to keep even though I have researched the next ship in the tier for each.  Nagato, Bismarck and Monarch ( wouldn't miss the Monarch so might sell )  anyway, as I continue to take these ships out from time to time, what use is there for the ship XP I mount up.  Is there a way to convert it to, say free XP or gold etc.   I won't build up as rapidly as it would as a go-to ship would.  Would be good to know.  I want to keep at least 1 ship per tier for each class for clan battles etc 

Yes. You can use Doubloons to convert the XP you build op on elite ships into Free XP. I find this is not always a great use of resources but yes you can do it.

[PVE]
Members
2,883 posts
21,418 battles
9 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

After 6k battles this is new data to you?

The exchange rate is 25:1 (25 XP converted/1 doubloon) but occasionally (& Christmas is usually 1 of those of those occasions) there is a 35:1 special. Just click on your free XP in upper right corner of screen to convert.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles

So, it might not be worth it as using Gold for that could be a waste.  It is too bad that the Ship xp could be forwarded to the next ship up the tier rather that just leave it there.  Not a massive issue; just wanted to know the best way to deal with it.

Now have to decide on my next ship; I have researched the Ibuki, chapeyev, Hipper, Amagi and F. Der Grobe.   I have enough Exchange XP to buy 1 ship right now.   12.6 Mil.

Any input ; I have 4 active cruisers now, lots of DD's as I am trying to learn how to play them properly, so I think it should be a BB.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles

Never been in a position to want to exchange;  up to this point I have usually researched a new ship and sold the old one to help cover the cost.   Have been doing some DD training which I truly need as I used to take them out as gunboats for fun and never really learned to SPOT properly or aim torps correctly;  getting better now ( a bit ) as I started up some lower tiers as a good way to start.  Trying.

[PVE]
Members
2,883 posts
21,418 battles
1 minute ago, needlenoses4 said:

So, it might not be worth it as using Gold for that could be a waste.  It is too bad that the Ship xp could be forwarded to the next ship up the tier rather that just leave it there.  Not a massive issue; just wanted to know the best way to deal with it.

Now have to decide on my next ship; I have researched the Ibuki, chapeyev, Hipper, Amagi and F. Der Grobe.   I have enough Exchange XP to buy 1 ship right now.   12.6 Mil.

Any input ; I have 4 active cruisers now, lots of DD's as I am trying to learn how to play them properly, so I think it should be a BB.

If you have them researched already it doesn't take XP but credits to buy them   & do you mean Free XP when you say "exchange XP...because that is a lot of free XP if so?

Due to FDGs turtleback armor the Amagi is easier to tank out so FDG is probably better if you're new to higher tier BB play (more forgiving of mistakes)…& the rofl German 2ndaries. Amagi has more accurate guns though.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles

also I have IOWA and T9 St. Louis but rarely take them out as I am just not good enough with them to break even on port costs.  Probably my best tier is 7-8.

[WOLF7]
Members
757 posts
3,699 battles

If you enjoyed the Bismarck you'll enjoy the Grobe.  Very similar styles.  I personally thought the Amagi was a step back in the line but I haven't used it a lot so maybe I just haven't figured her out yet.  And even if you can make her work all you have to look forward to is the izumo.  Supposedly izumo has gotten a nice couple of buffs so maybe she is not so bad.  

Not really a cruiser guy and I'm fairly awful in them so no opinion on those except that chappy seems to be a glass cannon and most hipper drivers seem to be far too aggressive.  

My vote:  Grobe.

Edited by T_O_dubl_D

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you have them researched already it doesn't take XP but credits to buy them   & do you mean Free XP when you say "exchange XP...because that is a lot of free XP if so?

Due to FDGs turtleback armor the Amagi is easier to tank out so FDG is probably better if you're new to higher tier BB play (more forgiving of mistakes)…& the rofl German 2ndaries. Amagi has more accurate guns though.

top right corner where it says Purchase doubloons, next it says Exchange Credits (12.3 mil followed by Convert XP 19 K.   For me to get the F. DerGrobe it will cost me 13.9 Mil.  Amagi 9.6 mil.

That's where I am at.  

3 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

also I have IOWA and T9 St. Louis but rarely take them out as I am just not good enough with them to break even on port costs.  Probably my best tier is 7-8.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles
6 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

If you enjoyed the Bismarck you'll enjoy the Grobe.  Very similar styles.  I personally thought the Amagi was a step back in the line but I haven't used it a lot so maybe I just haven't figured her out yet.  And even if you can make her work all you have to look forward to is the izumo.  Supposedly izumo has gotten a nice couple of buffs so maybe she is not so bad.  

Not really a cruiser guy and I'm fairly awful in them so no opinion on those except that chappy seems to be a glass cannon and most hipper drivers seem to be far too aggressive.  

Thanks for that; I do struggle a bit with cruisers like the Edinburgh, Cleveland and Baltimore.  Just can't take too many hits.  But I have been working on them a bit as I am low on working BBs.  Just about finished with the Monarch; just wanted to grind it out and move up.  Would just sell it after research the next up.

Members
2,054 posts
509 battles
1 hour ago, needlenoses4 said:

FDG!!!!
BUT only because the GKF IS NEXT!!!!..... so grind that thing like no ones business and get to that sweet tier ten SEC monster!!!

Members
2,054 posts
509 battles
57 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

after having it and finally getting RID OF IT.... yes the FDG is a good ship,,,, the BM is better and the GKF is BEST!.... it was not as bad a grind as the CO to the NC but the FDG can be mindnumbing more than it is not... but yes get the FDG,,,,,

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,548 battles

Thanks for help; did the conversions;  and now 7 k Ship XP from getting rid of Monarch;  tonight when I get time.