Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaliburxZero

WG's top-tier coding has left 7.12 a sour experience

13 comments in this topic

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,602 posts
6,623 battles

So, after various restarts of my client and being useless to my team, had this happen 3 times in a row in a match leaving me helpless and essentially being "AFK" on the team.  The Camera literally leaves my ship and this weird desyncing of shells, my camera, and other stuff has been happening.  I had restarted the client 3 times because this kept on happening, and this is just a couple screenshots I took before the game froze up each time with the match ending, fading my screen to black, followed by a "Terminal Error" generic windows dialog box and the game force closing.  

For reference I have left screenshots of this "speshul" occasion.  

Anybody else having these problems?  If so, do you know of a workaround?  

shot-18.12.19_15.10.03-0761.jpg

shot-18.12.19_15.13.10-0893.jpg

As a note for the second screenshot, I was locked into the aiming view and the ship lost all ability to maneuver and was stuck with the rudder in that position even with letting the key go.  It was not my connection either if u were wondering, as the limited janky view the game left me in each attempt to restart the match played out just fine and msgs in chat were actively being shown.

[LOSC]
[LOSC]
Members
132 posts
4,816 battles

In other games when things like that happen a cleaned (deleted) game file cache helps.

I don't know where it is filed in this game but that could help. 

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

If you're speaking of when your camera suddenly becomes static and you watch helplessly as your ship sails away, while UI elements become unresponsive.  Yeah, that is an old bug.  Had that happen to me a few times, starting more than a year ago.  Very confidence inspiring for that next login when you have it happen more than once in a single day.

My only reliable "workaround" was just to hope it doesn't happen again on the next session.  Ctl-Alt-Del'ing and restarting wouldn't always do it.  Sometimes I'd reenter the match and things are still broken, while other times the situation would sort itself out - but only after my ship was sunk while I was out restarting the game.

Seem to recall that it only happened when I played the Myoko, but I could be mistaken.

Very annoying.  Nice to see that it's still happening after all this time.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,155 battles

This happened to a friend and was caused by old mods he used to run that must have interacted poorly with updates.  Clean reinstall fixed it.

[FAE]
Members
2,332 posts
2,886 battles

@CaliburxZero The client is bugged for you?  Means might probably would explode. 

Soz I haven't played in a few days.  It'll happen again next weeeeeeek =) 

[CVRME]
1,602 posts
6,623 battles
Just now, BlailBlerg said:

@CaliburxZero The client is bugged for you?  Means might probably would explode. 

Soz I haven't played in a few days.  It'll happen again next weeeeeeek =) 

I hate you blail, just saying.

And yes, doesn't help it seems i'm on a loss streak today too.

This bug happened repeatedly during a match.  I'm gonna hold out playing till later out of frustration from it, the teams being very "special", and well.. I'm half-tempted to buy PEF so I can then pocket the 6.8K doubloons towards Ashitaka.  I don't know though these days.  I was already a moron and dropped cash on the loot boxes as is

Members
22,350 posts
5,780 battles

Heh, yesterday, I went to use the command wheel to mark a target, and it didn't work, and the wheel wouldn't go away.

I could drive the ship and swivel the torp launchers, but I couldn't traverse the guns or fire anything, (incl. torps) and my view was locked in one direction.

I tried to ram the enemy DD I wanted to mark with my Minsk, but didn't make it lol.

[CVRME]
1,602 posts
6,623 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Use no mods! Run integrity check and repair!

I am a vanilla man, sir.  I'll try that but I do not run any mods of any kind.  

And to everyone responding  to this problem, thanks and good to know.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,157 battles

I had something similar last night in one game.  I got stuck on the load screen, then finally loaded.  In game, I couldn't see any red ships or forts, though I could see their shells.  I killed the client (it really didn't want to die, making me suspect a loop somewhere) and restarted.  When I finally got back in, I was able to play, though the steering controls were wonky. 

Next game was normal.  In a later game, though, I got hung on the load screen for about 40 seconds.

This client is running totally stock.

As best I can tell, WG updates its servers before the client drop and some servers may have been off-line, increasing the load on others.  I've also seen some strangeness just before client drop, leading me to believe that the updated servers are sometimes brought back online with old clients still active.  Don't quote me, though, as this is (informed) speculation.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,141 battles

There is a crash log somewhere for the game but can’t for the life of me remember what it’s called. If you log a ticket they may ask for this but hopefully someone else remembers the crash log file name so you can attach it to the ticket and skip the 1st response.

It may be available in the WG Game Center as I seem to remember it being there. I’d check for you but am unfortunately not in front of my PC.

Good luck with mate and hopefully it’ll be resolved soon! :cap_like:

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,157 battles

The crash and dump files are in the crashes folder.

.crash files are text.  .dmp files are binary.

Now, according to WG, these are automatically sent to the devs, but that subsystem is such a mess who knows whether it works.  Try filing a Support ticket with those files (and replay?) attached and see what Support says.

Edited by iDuckman

Sign in to follow this