You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Clan bonuses apply to snowflake rewards...would have been nice to know before the update actually dropped.

19 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles

Just watched iChase's video summarizing the update & learned that Clan bonuses apply to snowflake rewards...as it takes a couple of days to earn the oil to be eligible for those clan rewards it would have been nice to have a couple of days forewarning about that & more importantly it would have been nice to actually have heard it from WG directly in the update notes as opposed to having to wait until after the update dropped & hear about it from a CC in an after the fact summary video.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,369 posts
6,766 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Just watched iChase's video summarizing the update & learned that Clan bonuses apply to snowflake rewards...as it takes a couple of days to earn the oil to be eligible for those clan rewards it would have been nice to have a couple of days forewarning about that & more importantly it would have been nice to actually have heard it from WG directly in the update notes as opposed to having to wait until after the update dropped & hear about it from a CC in an after the fact summary video.

You've had how long to join a clan now?

• Cool 3

[R-F]
Members
1,204 posts
7,860 battles

I'm sorry but I can't imagine why you'd have any reason to suspect clan bonuses would NOT have effected any and all rewards including the snowflakes.  

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
1,133 posts
7,771 battles

Also, "a couple days" is putting it mildly.  Our clan has been grinding the steel port expansions since the base redo in prep and just maxed it recently.

Edited by RightYouAreKen

[DIEBL]
Members
554 posts
6,316 battles

Kinda sad I won’t get the bonuses as it sets me 200 shy of a discounted Stalingrad.

Guess I better go buy a premium!

In all seriousness though, congrats on the up to 7%+

[ARGSY]
Members
10,369 posts
6,766 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I just switched to Wolf about 1-2 weeks ago :Smile_trollface:

Once I realised there were clans with all-benefit/no-obligation policies I immediately became interested. That was I don't know how long ago, and it's had significant benefits for me since then.

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
22 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I'm sorry but I can't imagine why you'd have any reason to suspect clan bonuses would NOT have effected any and all rewards including the snowflakes.  

:Smile_great: This, it literally states on the building description what it does.   Asking WG to announce that in patch notes is like asking them to Announce that the Captain XP building is going to continue giving captain XP buffs......   The proper announcement is if any of the bonuses are suddenly not going to be applied.  

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
775 posts
6,779 battles

Not sure why the OP assumed otherwise? You get the building benefits for steel from a SC, CB, etc. 

Still you can upgrade those slots fairly easily for the lower tier spectrum scale of earning bonus steel. 

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles

People just love to complain about every thing WG does no matter what it is . They give away free stuff it's not good enough . They having earning events and people complain thery are run horribly  . They put out a new ship it cost too much or it's steel or it's too much coal or the ships stinks . Some guy complained that he had to spend his life's savings on something that cost 21 dollars . What were you a paper boy for the last 20 years . Please I think there doing a pretty good job for a free to play game . Would probably drop dead if someone started a thread with out a complaint about something . 

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Once I realised there were clans with all-benefit/no-obligation policies I immediately became interested. That was I don't know how long ago, and it's had significant benefits for me since then.

The Wolf clan is great that way, just join and do your own thing.  There are lots of members, once a while I'll see fellow clan members in co-op games and I'll say hi in chat.  That's about it.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,771 posts
11,127 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Apply to a Lone Wolves clan. 

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles
1 hour ago, SyndicatedINC said:

it literally states on the building description what it does.

If you are not in a clan you can't see the buildings to see what those literal descriptions are.

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You've had how long to join a clan now?

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

it's had significant benefits for me

Other than steel & coal buffs there would be nothing in a clan that would interest me as far as building benefits go...have more credits & free XP than I know what to do with & even though I don't have enough credits to buy every ship I still need to buy I know I will have more than enough from the daily grinds to have it by the time I need it...even if I don't wait for sales events (which I do...but only because I have plenty to grind already).

As for XP boosts I have plenty of flags & camos for them if I'm ever in a hurry to rush through a ship but I prefer to grind them all out w/out them so I have time to learn the ships before I move on to the next ones.

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you are not in a clan you can't see the buildings to see what those literal descriptions are.

Yes you can

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Base

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/#new-clan-base

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles
30 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Yes you can

Not in the game client...if I need to arbitrarily search the web instead of data pertaining to an update being included in the update article then it's not very helpful...but thanx for the links.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,553 posts
32,139 battles

OP, apply to one of the Wolf clans.  All we expect is somewhat regular play to help on oil.  Other such clans are similar.  My clan just opened some slots by removing extremely inactives if u want to apply

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles
1 minute ago, Patton5150 said:

OP, apply to one of the Wolf clans.  All we expect is somewhat regular play to help on oil.  Other such clans are similar.  My clan just opened some slots by removing extremely inactives if u want to apply

:Smile_great: