You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Shop is updated New whale mision

132 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles

Shop is up. One surprise hiding in the big bundle and previously unknown mission chain for another 2019 steel "Might of Steel". This is not the same as Nerves of steel.

So break out your wallets lol.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/9354/

Please note the following: you can purchase this package only once per account.

Please note that owners of this bundle get access to a campaign called "Steel Monsters". The campaign will be available for 180 days upon purchase. As you progress, you'll be able to earn Steel, Secret Santa containers, Warships Premium time, signals and camo patterns. If the campaign is included in two or more purchased bundles, the time periods allocated for its completion will be summed up, but the campaign itself can only be completed once.

The bundle arrives with a chain of combat missions called "The Might of Steel". Reward: 2,019 Steel. Available until February 28, 2019, and only once per account.

Important

• With Prinz Eitel Friedrich, you get access to a chain of combat missions called "Nerves of Steel". Reward: 2,019 Steel. Can be completed once per account until January 25, 2019.
  • Your first victorious battle at the helm of Prinz Eitel Friedrich will grant you access to a campaign codenamed "Mighty Prinz". As you progress along the new campaign, you will receive researchable ships of various nations, New Year-themed permanent camo patterns and containers from the "Belle Époque" collection. Available only for the duration of Update 0.7.12.
  • The first 25 battles played with this warship in any type of battles will bring you three times more XP than usual. Available once per account and only until March 31, 2019.
  • Prinz Eitel Friedrich can be obtained as a reward for completing all stages of the "In the Name of His Highness!" event. Available only for the duration of Update 0.7.12.

Prinz Eitel Friedrich is a German Tier VI battleship with reliable armor protection and effective secondary battery guns. With an appropriate choice of upgrades and Commander skills, the ship can be adjusted to fearlessly face practically any hostile ship. Run a secondary build to turn the ship into a deadly opponent at knife-duel ranges of up to 7.2 km. Fire up AA defenses to be able to successfully counter same-tier aircraft carriers. A third option is to boost the ship's durability for perfect bow tanking. The choice is yours.
Key features

• Eight 350 mm main guns placed in four twin turrets. Standard reload time: 28 s. Firing range: 17.8 km. The guns are accurate but shells have a relatively low velocity and less armor-piercing capability
  • Effective secondary battery at ranges of up to 7.2 km
  • Effective AA defenses at distances of up to 6.48 km
  • Reliable armor and a comfortable cruising speed reaching 29.3 knots (with a Sierra Mike signal hoisted)
  • Extra credits per battle and 50% more XP provided by the permanent camouflage

Compensation
If you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 4,760 doubloons as compensation.

Signal features:

• Equal Speed Charlie London: +50% to XP per battle
  • India Bravo Terrathree: –10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service
  • Zulu: +20% to credits per battle
  • Papa Papa: +300% to Free XP per battle
  • Zulu Hotel: +50% to Commander XP per battle

Doubloons are a special in-game currency that can facilitate your progress along the Tech Tree for a more enjoyable experience.
Credits are the main in-game currency used to purchase and repair warships, as well as buy modules, upgrades, and consumables.

[-K-]
Members
6,139 posts
10,299 battles

Do note that only the mega bundle has the Might of Steel mission, which can apparently earn you another 2019pcs of steel.  Not to be confused with the Steel Monsters campaign:

Capture.JPG

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Do note that only the mega bundle has the Might of Steel mission, which can apparently earn you another 2019pcs of steel.  Not to be confused with the Steel Monsters campaign:

Capture.JPG

Yep total steel not counting snowflakes is now 1038 steel. 6019 of that you have to buy.

Hmmmm…… May do it but not before Christmas maybe next month. 

Personally I will pick up just the ship now. Then later I will think about adding one of the bundles.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles

No Idea what the requirements are for "Might of Steel" If any one picks this up please post the mission details. The timing on this large bundle is terrible but the value is really good.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,769 posts
4,429 battles

For me personally, I might just pick up the Prinz herself without all the trimmings.  I don't mind doing some Ranked to gain more Steel after all.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,656 posts
16 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep total steel not counting snowflakes is now 1038 steel. 6019 of that you have to buy.

Hmmmm…… May do it but not before Christmas maybe next month. 

Personally I will pick up just the ship now. Then later I will think about adding one of the bundles.

:Smile_sad:

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
312 posts
5,730 battles
6 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

For me personally, I might just pick up the Prinz herself without all the trimmings.  I don't mind doing some Ranked to gain more Steel after all.

I don't think Ranked pays out any steel, just coal?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/ranked-sprints-3-4/

Edited by digitaljustice

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Might of Steel

Nerves of Steel

Steel Monsters

...are we sure one of those isn't just a misprint?

Yep all different. So totals are 4019 steel earnable for free 6019 purchasable. Plus what you can get from the Snowflake event.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles
1 minute ago, digitaljustice said:

I don't think Ranked pays out any steel, just coal?

The big Ranked seasons to pay out steel, the sprints do not.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles
7 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I will likely just get the ship now then think about one of the bundles next month.

Members
22,459 posts
5,792 battles
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Might of Steel

Nerves of Steel

Steel Monsters

...are we sure one of those isn't just a misprint?

No, and they might also be adding....

Abs of Steel

Buns of Steel

• Funny 7

Beta Testers
791 posts
4,485 battles

Its a personal mission chain

Stage one is earn 219 ribbons: 400 steel

Stage two is 2019 base XP: 400 steel

Stage 3 is 20019 XP: 400 steel

Stage 4 is cause 200019: damage 400 steel

Stage 5 is Earn 2000019 credits: 400 steel

Then you get 19 steel for finishing it

[SQUAD]
Members
8,037 posts
8,374 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No, and they might also be adding....

Abs of Steel

Buns of Steel

And let's not forget:

Salt of Steel

Rage of Steel

And my personal one: Salty Rage of Steel.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
96 posts
9,803 battles

Oh, you scared me with that screen shot...that is Canadian dollars (mine shows $129.99 for Steel Prinz)?

Edited by JER1971

Beta Testers
179 posts
6,106 battles

Hmmm...need 21,000 steel with coupon to get the Stalin. Only really interested if I can get it with snowflake and this bundle sans clan wars.

[SALVO]
Members
20,182 posts
20,016 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

And let's not forget:

Salt of Steel

Rage of Steel

Gotta watch out, KrimzonD3mon.  All that salt will rust away your steel.  :Smile_izmena:

[R-F]
Members
1,205 posts
7,860 battles

So I'm trying to make sense of all this.  We have:

Snowflakes - awards steel and coal on a per-ship basis, available to all

In the Name of His Highness! - british-style time-gated event, available to all, awards steel, and P.E.F.

The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign - classic-style temporary campaign available to all but you need to buy a PEF or unlock it via His Highness.  Awards tech tree ships and PEF camo

Steel Monsters Campaign - has to be purchased from premium store.  Classic style temporary campaign Awards various goodies including steel.

Nerves of Steel - ??? not mentioned in warships front page. Appears to be personal combat mission series given upon obtaining (purchasing only?) PEF.  Awards 2019 steel.

Might of Steel - ??? not mentioned in warships front page. Only mentioned in the online store with the most expensive PEF package

Help me fill in the blanks...

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,221 battles
4 minutes ago, Sivle said:

Hmmm...need 21,000 steel with coupon to get the Stalin. Only really interested if I can get it with snowflake and this bundle sans clan wars.

You won't, best case you'll be short about 5K if you start from zero today.

[-K-]
Members
6,139 posts
10,299 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

And let's not forget:

Salt of Steel

Rage of Steel

Let's not forget this gem:

Blades_of_Steel_cart.jpg

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,782 posts
11,127 battles
10 minutes ago, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

Its a personal mission chain

Stage one is earn 219 ribbons: 400 steel

Stage two is 2019 base XP: 400 steel

Stage 3 is 20019 XP: 400 steel

Stage 4 is cause 200019: damage 400 steel

Stage 5 is Earn 2000019 credits: 400 steel

Then you get 19 steel for finishing it

Awsome thanks for sharing that.

[WULUF]
Members
41 posts
3,293 battles

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come... $60 is steep for something like this. 😞

• Cool 2