You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lipiru

BUYER'S REMORSE Kronshtadt

52 comments in this topic

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,046 posts
9,180 battles

I love my Kron, one of my favorite ships in the game. Really worth it. 

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,535 posts
10,372 battles

The Kronshtadt's guns really are bad for dispersion.  The Musashi is known for having bad dispersion, but it has better dispersion than the Kronshtadt.  The Kron is tanky for a cruiser,  especially with its high hit points for a cruiser.  Its more of a battlecruiser than a cruiser, but you need to get in close to make it count because of the wonky dispersion, which doesn't go well for most cruisers, even as tanky as this one is.

• Cool 1

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,582 battles

I have no issues playing Kron. The only time things go poorly is if I make a bad mistake. She's a cruiser, she may have BB guns, but she's a cruiser. Play her that way.

[PSV]
Members
519 posts
17,266 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I have no issues playing Kron. The only time things go poorly is if I make a bad mistake. She's a cruiser, she may have BB guns, but she's a cruiser. Play her that way.

With a typical cruiser though, you can play decently at range. The Kron doesn't do well at range because the guns are so inconsistent.

I find that to do well with the guns you have to push in. If you don't run into a tier 10 BB that can work, but it's not what I'd call a typical cruiser strategy.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,276 posts
21,503 battles
1 hour ago, lipiru said:

The original intent of the OP is about the guns. Not about the tanking ability, which is actually great

The gun is exactly where it should be, if Krons had better dispersion/accuracy or higher sigma it is going to ruin it for everyone else.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,042 posts
7,683 battles

My take on the Kronshtadt is that it's a Tier 6/7 BB that takes the place of a Tier 9 cruiser.  It has some strengths.....it gives its team an extra 20k HP, its AP is capable of delivering massive alpha strike when RNG permits it, it's tankier than the other cruisers....and coincidentally is placed at a tier where the tech tree cruisers are on the whole very weak, giving the Kronshtadt a far more favorable comparison than it really deserves.

However, my assessment still remains the same, it's a Tier 6/7 BB stuck at Tier 9.

In terms of pure gameplay, I think the Kronstadt is fundamentally bad given its tier and role.  There are not many gameplay reasons to play the Kronshtadt over a proper BB.  The Kronshtadt is undeniably strong when viewed from its impact on the MM of a battle as a whole, and it's perfectly capable of carrying battles since it's a BB given the weight and expectations of a cruiser, but I still don't think that makes it worth it.  The Kronshtadt is good for a Tier 9 cruiser, but it's bad for a Tier 9 ship, hence why it's so divisive.  

I, and some others, don't care about its preferential MM and focus on its gameplay.  I compare it to the ships with the most similar role, BBs (The Missouri in particular), and deem the Kronshtadt a bad ship.  Other people focus on the fact it's a cruiser, in which case the Kronstadt comes out looking very favorable, hence why many others consider it to be a strong/OP ship.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CCTV2]
Beta Testers
466 posts
9,017 battles

Kronshtadt is the best performing tier IX

it may not be able to punish that harshly,

but it can earn a lot of opportunity

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,308 posts
On 12/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, enderland07 said:

It's fun with secondary spec Massachusetts, too.

IFHE secondaries shred the poor Kronstadht.

And soon all secondaries will spew HE...

I can't seem to make the Kron work... I might not have the right modules installed....

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

It's Russian.

I grabbed Kronshtadt over Musashi because I needed Russian prem (that and I already have Yamato). Good or not be darned, it can be obtained without munny.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
On 12/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, lipiru said:

I just want to warn potential buyers of this ship that you might be rather disappointed with her guns.

As a CA and BB main, I have been trying to make this ship work. The guns are the biggest let down due to very bad vertical dispersion. And due to lack of over matching abilities and low DPM, you would thought the alpha striking power would be good.

But no, the guns behaves like the guns of Roma.

Very high velocity leads to a lot of over and under shooting.  Hard to punish broadside ships with the bad dispersion.  And when you hit, lots of overpens and shatters.

I would take Roon over this ship any day.

Overall just a frustrating experience due to lack of consistency on the guns.

Cheers

Plenty of us on here have recommended skipping here.  If people choose to ignore those warnings, that's on them.

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,775 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 9:06 AM, lipiru said:

I just want to warn potential buyers of this ship that you might be rather disappointed with her guns.

As a CA and BB main, I have been trying to make this ship work. The guns are the biggest let down due to very bad vertical dispersion. And due to lack of over matching abilities and low DPM, you would thought the alpha striking power would be good.

Very high velocity leads to a lot of over and under shooting.  Hard to punish broadside ships with the bad dispersion.  And when you hit, lots of overpens and shatters.

Cheers

All i can say is, you are playing it wrong. 

Don't listen to this guy folks. Although I shouldn't be saying it because I HATE seeing them on the other teams, but this is a very good ship. It's a close range island peeker. Don't try to snipe in this as you will fail like OP. You play it much like a DM. 

• Meh 1

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,998 battles
2 hours ago, GMG2_Jester said:

Lipiru,

Thanks for saving me 750k in FXP.  Where do I send your commission payment?   :cap_cool:

Lol

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,998 battles
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Ship is as only good as it's captain :cap_yes:

not sure I umderstand what you are trying to say....

Members
544 posts
5,350 battles

I don't mind Kron's guns at all.  The dispersion can be a little wonky, but overall I would say it is good enough.  I often use HE at longer ranges because she actually is a fair fire starter despite reviews.  Concealment and speed are both good enough that you can find a flank and ambush the broad sides of enemies, or flex late game once the fight has moved on.  I also encounter a lot of high tier BB drivers who clearly have not faced many Krons because they will frequently ignore you to their peril.  It's only once you've put 3 or 4 shots into their citadel and half their health is gone that they realize what you can do.  Inside about 11km you can land citadels almost at will; I have citadeled enemy BBs out to around 15km.  Sure,  you get the odd salvo where the RNG just gives you the finger and most of your shells go all cattywampus, but most of the time I find the salvos are quite decent.  Besides, the ship is a lot of fun to drive.

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,998 battles
3 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

All i can say is, you are playing it wrong. 

Don't listen to this guy folks. Although I shouldn't be saying it because I HATE seeing them on the other teams, but this is a very good ship. It's a close range island peeker. Don't try to snipe in this as you will fail like OP. You play it much like a DM. 

lol, you play it like a DM....

Cheers

Edited by lipiru
  • Meh 1

[PSV]
Members
332 posts
8,998 battles
2 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I don't mind Kron's guns at all.  The dispersion can be a little wonky, but overall I would say it is good enough.  I often use HE at longer ranges because she actually is a fair fire starter despite reviews.  Concealment and speed are both good enough that you can find a flank and ambush the broad sides of enemies, or flex late game once the fight has moved on.  I also encounter a lot of high tier BB drivers who clearly have not faced many Krons because they will frequently ignore you to their peril.  It's only once you've put 3 or 4 shots into their citadel and half their health is gone that they realize what you can do.  Inside about 11km you can land citadels almost at will; I have citadeled enemy BBs out to around 15km.  Sure,  you get the odd salvo where the RNG just gives you the finger and most of your shells go all cattywampus, but most of the time I find the salvos are quite decent.  Besides, the ship is a lot of fun to drive.

Glad you like the ship, must suit your play style better.

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,775 battles
7 hours ago, lipiru said:

not sure I umderstand what you are trying to say....

He's saying you suck

• Funny 1

Members
4,415 posts
17,933 battles
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, bigbearbeear said:

Use it to farm XP and credits in the operation Cherry Blossom, it works very well.  Pile on all your economic flags and watch as your XP/FreeXP/Credits quickly pile up.

You might be thinking of Kutuzov, which is tier 8 and usable in Cherry Blossom. Kron is tier 9.

Edited by ReddNekk

[VW]
Members
3,889 posts
18,764 battles

Interesting reviews. At first was leaning away, now i might lean a liitle more toward. I too could use a tier 9 soc trainer what with bbs coming and especially the 4M credit mission to earn the mehboat. 200 steel on top starting to make more sense. Even if alaska is deemed to be op, which seems highly unlikely, there is a year still to erarn the extra 750k fxp. 

Btw mushy is amazing, so if i do buy krohn i most likely wont play her other than for the credit mission.

[TDRB]
Members
4,395 posts
12,517 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, lipiru said:

Cheers

With update 7.12 WG fixed a "rare bug", their words, that did prevented the target lock dispersion bonus. My BB's caught this bug and my dispersion was very poor for 2 weeks. So far it appears WG did get the bug removed.

[SYN]
Members
15,651 posts
12,778 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

With update 7.12 WG fixed a "rare bug", their words, that did prevented the target lock dispersion bonus. My BB's caught this bug and my dispersion was very poor for 2 weeks. So far it appears WG did get the bug removed.

rare my [edited], I got it tons of times for the entire time the patch before they "fixed" it.

And I still feel like I get the dispersion bug on occasions

Kron's strength is that its AP can punch through BB belt armor at 19km

The problem is its dispersion is bad and the red team has to play really bad to give up broadside to Kron.

So basically, It's difficult to get into a position at punishing broadside BBs, and it's not that good at punishing said broadsides, unless they remain that way for a while.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,582 posts
8,455 battles

I'm just glad they fixed the model and moved the "ears" closer to the superstructure. It looked silly before. lol

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
21,481 battles
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, lipiru said:

Cheers

I have been telling people those things about Kronshtadt for a long time now and when I do I get told I need to git gud ( how "gud" do you need to be to punish bots in Co-op with a ship? - Kronshtadt doesn't even do that well) or down voted a lot. Sort of like you have experienced.

Edited by AdmiralThunder