You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lipiru

BUYER'S REMORSE Kronshtadt

52 comments in this topic

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles

I just want to warn potential buyers of this ship that you might be rather disappointed with her guns.

As a CA and BB main, I have been trying to make this ship work. The guns are the biggest let down due to very bad vertical dispersion. And due to lack of over matching abilities and low DPM, you would thought the alpha striking power would be good.

But no, the guns behaves like the guns of Roma.

Very high velocity leads to a lot of over and under shooting.  Hard to punish broadside ships with the bad dispersion.  And when you hit, lots of overpens and shatters.

I would take Roon over this ship any day.

Overall just a frustrating experience due to lack of consistency on the guns.

Cheers

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

Use it to farm XP and credits in the operation Cherry Blossom, it works very well.  Pile on all your economic flags and watch as your XP/FreeXP/Credits quickly pile up.

• Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,183 battles

Yeah yeah you unicums are trying to prevent us plebs from buying an OP ship. Jk

Thanks for taking time to write an honest opinion. I will only get the Mushashi now :) VU

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,083 posts
8,090 battles
1 minute ago, bigbearbeear said:

Use it to farm XP and credits in the operation Cherry Blossom, it works very well.  Pile on all your economic flags and watch as your XP/FreeXP/Credits quickly pile up.

You can't play Kronstadht in Cherry Blossom, lol.

but the bright side is you can trade 750k fxp for 200 steel!

• Funny 1

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,183 battles
2 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

How are Krnoshtadt and cherry blossom related? 

[FGNE]
Members
592 posts
3,104 battles

I'm sorry to hear (read) that you are having a bad time with Kronshtadt... however, I'm actually having remorse from not getting it sooner, I've been having a blast playing it!, sure its guns are not as accurate as other cruisers, but they do punch harder.

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Apologies, my bad.  I thought it is the Kutuzov.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,221 battles

It's amazing, but you have to play it like a CA against BBs and like a BB against CAs.  It's very easy to fall into the trap of either trying to dpm race cruisers or stand off against battleships.

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,014 posts
15 minutes ago, lipiru said:

I just want to warn potential buyers of this ship that you might be rather disappointed with her guns.

As a CA and BB main, I have been trying to make this ship work. The guns are the biggest let down due to very bad vertical dispersion. And due to lack of over matching abilities and low DPM, you would thought the alpha striking power would be good.

Very high velocity leads to a lot of over and under shooting.  Hard to punish broadside ships with the bad dispersion.  And when you hit, lots of overpens and shatters.

Cheers

meh, the spread is no worse then other battleships, thats said, she absolutely punishes broadside cruisers and even battleships within 10km. Nothing says"F YOU" like citadeling yamatos every 15 seconds at 9 km.

[BUOY]
Members
300 posts
9,284 battles
14 minutes ago, lipiru said:

Cheers

TBF, I think a lot of the Kronshtadt's and Roma's problems were thanks to the target lock bug turning bad dispersion into 'What the Hell was that!?' dispersion. 

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles
20 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

Bro this is a tier 9 ship

• Cool 1

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles
19 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Lol

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles
9 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

meh, the spread is no worse then other battleships, thats said, she absolutely punishes broadside cruisers and even battleships within 10km. Nothing says"F YOU" like citadeling yamatos every 15 seconds at 9 km.

Under 10 km, any high tier semi capable BB will eat this ship alive....

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,014 posts
Just now, lipiru said:

you properly angle and your belt will bounce even yammy shells, you can also outpace bb turret rotation.

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles
5 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

you properly angle and your belt will bounce even yammy shells, you can also outpace bb turret rotation.

That is not my experience because they will shoot the nose. however I still have a lot to learn. 

[PSV]
Members
483 posts
14,206 battles

Your assessment looks dead-on to me Lip. I want to like the ship more than I do but it's so inconsistent.

One game you'll get some great broadside pens and cits; the very next game you'll get a couple of broadside overpens while most of your shells head off into the ocean. The ship drives me nuts.

I've mostly gone back to the Roon as my go-to Tier 9 cruiser.

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,014 posts
12 minutes ago, lipiru said:

That is not my experience because they will shoot the nose. however I still have a lot to learn. 

it's a very fine line to play at, you need to angle a bit more then normal to maximise how much belt you have exposed and then shots to the nose just turn into "weak" overpen volleys

[TBW]
Members
7,429 posts
13,599 battles
46 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

I can not use my Kronshtadt in Cherry Blossom.

[UEFN]
Members
819 posts
15,545 battles

Kronsdat is optimal to stay at mid range somewhere around 8km to 12km.  You can't snipe long range due to the terrible dispersion, and you get focus fire on and burn down quickly if you get too close.  It is no Stalingrad but still a very capable ship with good credit earning potential.

1.jpg

[UEFN]
Members
819 posts
15,545 battles

When angled and position properly, the Kronsdat can tank over 100K of actual damage and 3 mil potential dmg from any BB, all day every day. 

2.jpg

[BS]
Members
1,385 posts
7,675 battles

Eh, Kronski is a Mehbote. I made a graphical representation of her sigma probability in the gun dispersion ellipse:

dispersion.png.21152b0c156cfdcec3ad84ac99aeb67d.png

The shells hardly ever seem to hit the center, just like Roma.

• Cool 2

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles
13 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

When angled and position properly, the Kronsdat can tank over 100K of actual damage and 3 mil potential dmg from any BB, all day every day. 

2.jpg

The original intent of the OP is about the guns. Not about the tanking ability, which is actually great

• Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles

Yeah, I saw a couple other posts where the players were grumpy about Kron's MB, so I bought Musashi instead, and she's been a decent ship so far.

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
327 posts
8,330 battles
Just now, Reymu said:

Yeah, I saw a couple other posts where the players were grumpy about Kron's MB, so I bought Musashi instead, and she's been a decent ship so far.

Then only reason I didn't buy musashi is because I got the legendary Yamato. But to take out a ship to win games in tier 9, I think Musashi is better than Kron.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,083 posts
8,090 battles
1 hour ago, lipiru said:

It's fun with secondary spec Massachusetts, too.

IFHE secondaries shred the poor Kronstadht.

• Cool 1