Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Don't get so caught up in snowflakes that you forget daily missions towards Dreadnought

18 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles

This is for those with a lot of low tier premiums that qualify for the snowflake event who have limited time to play the game. The time to earn Dreadnought is shorter than the snowflake event. Don't get caught up in your lower tier premiums for snowflake coal and forget that you need to do T5+ for the daily missions. I actually decided to start the snowflake thing out with my lowest qualifying ships (T2 Premiums) and then realized none of my T2-T4 Premium ship games will count towards the daily missions.

I only need 3 days to finish Dreadnought so that will come 1st. I will do T5+ ships until the daily's are done then I can play some of the low tier premiums for snowflakes if I want.

Just a friendly reminder in case you didn't think of it. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
10,317 posts
6,746 battles

Thanks for the reminder. 

I regard Dreadnought as the first priority (and she's one more T3 premium for a coal reward when you grab her), plus you get more XP for the same achievements at higher tiers anyway. I will grind my higher-tier Tech Tree ships until I get both daily missions (on nights when I can stay up long enough to do this), then run one sub-T5 a night until they're done or Dreadnought is mine.

Right now all the tech tree lines I have in my port have at least one T5 ship in them, so I am good to go for the rest of Dreadnought. I can finish Snowflake afterwards, and I have enough credits to afford a few higher-tier co-op credit losses.

[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

Ive got 2 points today just playing as usual, luckily. 

Think im 25/40 but leaving town fri night 

Grrrrr

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,748 posts
11,121 battles

Yep the low tier snow flake ships will be the last things I do. 

[TDRB]
Members
2,533 posts
7,316 battles

Running Aegis now, I'll switch to coops to insure the wins if necessary.

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

Something's wrong, I'm not getting credits for the Dreadnought missions.  I took a T5 DD out for a quick spin this morning, got 398 base XP but no credits to the mission.

Do I have to knock the snowflake off first before the other missions are credited?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,317 posts
6,746 battles
24 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

Something's wrong, I'm not getting credits for the Dreadnought missions.  I took a T5 DD out for a quick spin this morning, got 398 base XP but no credits to the mission.

Do I have to knock the snowflake off first before the other missions are credited?

You have to finish all the 250, 500, 1000 base XP to get the first credit, the entire 1100, 1200, 1300 to get the second.

[NGAGE]
Members
352 posts
11,120 battles

I think people should focus high tier ships first as they give the most coal and steel. Then work your way down. It's about value for your time and higher tier ships just give way more. 

I'm 27/40 on the Dread campaign. I must say last year's Vampire missions were way easier and took only a week maybe to finish. I begin two weeks of Christmas leave at 5 p.m. today, so I'll have plenty of time to grind the snowflakes, PEF, Dread, PEF camo and maybe the buyable campaign if it isn't $1,000,000. 

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,050 posts
16,036 battles

one day left (38)

giphy (1).gif

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles
22 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I think people should focus high tier ships first as they give the most coal and steel. Then work your way down. It's about value for your time and higher tier ships just give way more. 

I'm 27/40 on the Dread campaign. I must say last year's Vampire missions were way easier and took only a week maybe to finish. I begin two weeks of Christmas leave at 5 p.m. today, so I'll have plenty of time to grind the snowflakes, PEF, Dread, PEF camo and maybe the buyable campaign if it isn't $1,000,000. 

I know I will finish all my ships for the snowflake thing even though I have 140 some to do. So I am making sure I get the daily's done for Dreadnought 1st. I am at 35/40 and almost done with today's part 2 to bump me to 36/40. Certainly people need to prioritize what they want to accomplish if they have limited time. That was why I made this post so people would remember Dreadnought ends sooner and factor that in.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,326 battles
1 minute ago, Triela50 said:

one day left (38)

giphy (1).gif

Congrat's. I would be at 38/40 too (once I finish pt 2 today) but had 2 days where IRL caused me to only finish 1 daily. So an entire extra day for me LOL.:Smile_facepalm:

[-TKS-]
Members
498 posts
8,176 battles

i dont think ill bother with low tier coal snowflakes as i have enough , but theres nothing special to the PEF grind is there ? Have not looked and really dislike having goals to complete . I clicked on the banner this morning but it said stay tuned.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,317 posts
6,746 battles
4 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

but theres nothing special to the PEF grind is there ?

We find out tomorrow. There is only one stage, four directives with many tasks, but each one is assigned a full week rather than being four days out of seven, and all of them are available right to the end.

The nature of the individual tasks, however, may be much more exacting than the RN event. If it is, we're in for a challenge. If it isn't, then this is going to be a walkover and PEF will be a gimme.

11 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

one day left (38)

giphy (1).gif

Cheer up; I'm at 29.

[BEARD]
Members
8 posts
3,612 battles

So I have just completed 6 wins on six of my ships and have not gotten any coal for "blowing off the snowflake"

*Edit* I logged out and then logged back in and got the notifications of the coal added for the wins i had gotten. Weird, but it seems to have resolved it's self.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai_

Members
115 posts
15,442 battles
38 minutes ago, BuckarooBanzai_ said:

So I have just completed 6 wins on six of my ships and have not gotten any coal for "blowing off the snowflake"

You are using the right tiers for non-Premiums, right - T5 and up?

Sign in to follow this