You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

In the Name of His Highness, WG, just post the flippin' missions already!

16 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles

I for one would like to sit down ahead of time and plan out exactly which ships I am going to use and how likely I am to be able to finish this damn thing.

I know, I know, it's only another 24 hours to wait. But still, the glimpse of the campaign structure you gave us in the PTS has me thinking certain thoughts, and I REALLY want to know if I'm right.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

NOTE:

Snowflakes starts Wed, Dec 19th when the patch drops and runs until early morning Wed, Jan 23rd when patch 8.0 drops.

In the Name of His Highness campaign to get PEF starts Thu, Dec 20th at 6am EST (3am PST) and ends at 4am EST (1am PST) Tue, Jan 22nd.

The Mighty Prinz campaign starts Wed, Dec 19th at 7PM EST (4PM PST), so will not start right after the patch drops. It ends at 5pm EST (2pm PST) Tue, Jan 22nd.

The Nerves of Steel missions for steel using PEF start Fri, Dec 21st at 6:20 AM EST (3:20 PST) and ends at 6:20am EST (3:20am PST) Fri, Jan 25th.

The Steel Monster campaign starts when you buy it, but nothing confirmed for release day yet. It will end 180 days after buying it.

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

In the Name of His Highness campaign to get PEF starts Thu, Dec 20th at 6am EST (3am PST)

I know. But it's going to be my longest 24 hours in WOWS. :Smile_sad: 

:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I know. But it's going to be my longest 24 hours in WOWS. :Smile_sad: 

:Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy: I know. :Smile_honoring:

[-K-]
Members
6,108 posts
10,244 battles

Can the Premium Shop be updated already so we can get our hands on Prinz Eitel Friedrich at least?

Speaking of, I haven't really seen any ship reviews for P.E.F. yet.  Did I miss them, or has the NDA not been lifted yet?

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,155 battles

Sneak peek for you

Task 1: Destroy 74 German planes in one battle with Italian ships.

Task 2: Sink 3 ships with Russian destroyers where you only got them with one torpedo each in one game.

Task 3: Using a premium aircraft carrier, sink 24 ships with flooding over any number of games.

Task 4: Detonate two British ships within thirty seconds in one game.

Task 5: Destroy all the ships of one class in the same game, excluding any ships that were never launched or only had one ship.

• Funny 6

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Speaking of, I haven't really seen any ship reviews for P.E.F. yet. 

Most of the stuff I saw was either on YouTube or as a part of various testers' streams. The impression I got from what I saw, and this is only my opinion, is that Mouse is probably going to call her a Mehbote.

Then again, as an ABX*Y-layout battlecruiser she's more or less a Bayern Lite, and offers an alternative to both Bayern and Graf Spee at this tier.

* = It's possible to argue that she's ABQY as the third turret is displaced somewhat from the fourth, but Q seems to me to be more in keeping with the centre turret in an Iron Duke, Texas, Bretagne, etc. layout, with superstructure fore and aft.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
17 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Can the Premium Shop be updated already so we can get our hands on Prinz Eitel Friedrich at least?

Speaking of, I haven't really seen any ship reviews for P.E.F. yet.  Did I miss them, or has the NDA not been lifted yet?

9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Most of the stuff I saw was either on YouTube or as a part of various testers' streams. The impression I got from what I saw, and this is only my opinion, is that Mouse is probably going to call her a Mehbote.

Then again, as an ABX*Y-layout battlecruiser she's more or less a Bayern Lite, and offers an alternative to both Bayern and Graf Spee at this tier.

* = It's possible to argue that she's ABQY as the third turret is displaced somewhat from the fourth, but Q seems to me to be more in keeping with the centre turret in an Iron Duke, Texas, Bretagne, etc. layout, with superstructure fore and aft.

LWM has not yet released one, but here is a tease.

Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Tier 6 Germany
VUFyTwI.jpgYTfP7Ua.png
Availability on NA Server:  Work in Progress
Quick Summary:  A German battlecruiser defined by the poor penetration power on her main battery, her exposed citadel and her phenomenal secondaries and AA power.
Release History:  Prinz Eitel Friedrich has been provided to me by Wargaming for testing and is not yet available on the NA server.
Angry Youtuber Review:  NOT AVAILABLE

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

ichase goes through them

Not the individual tasks in the Name of His Highness campaign, he doesn't. That's what I want to know.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,758 posts
4,402 battles
44 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Eh...Mehboat isn't as scathing as what she wrote for Duke (AKA Puke) of York. 

That being said, I find that the Duke of York isn't a terrible ship and I've been using her for fun in a few battles.  Her AP does hurt cruisers quite a bit and she can pick at battleships pretty well.  I just mostly use AP at close to mid range and HE at very far range.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,191 posts
6,652 battles
36 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

Eh...Mehboat isn't as scathing as what she wrote for Duke (AKA Puke) of York. 

That being said, I find that the Duke of York isn't a terrible ship

I take Mouse's reviews with a small grain of salt (and indeed she herself just about advises this), just to taste. When she calls it Meh or Garbage, it tells me to be very careful before I spend money on it, but whatever the outcome I find she's very rarely wrong about the strengths and weaknesses of the ship itself. It's all up to the player to work with them or mitigate them as appropriate.

I wouldn't have minded winnning "garbage" DOY and I wouldn't sell her if I got her as a supercontainer ship, but I know I won't spend money on her. Likewise Varyag, which she hated, was fun but that one was an event prize. Much as I love her in co-op, I'd have hated to pay full release price for her.

(Hopefully we get Goeben/Yavuz in game as a binational ship after the style of Boise/Julio.)

....and right after posting this, I see that Mouse's review is up and she did indeed call it a mehbote! I'm psychic!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,758 posts
4,402 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I take Mouse's reviews with a small grain of salt (and indeed she herself just about advises this), just to taste. When she calls it Meh or Garbage, it tells me to be very careful before I spend money on it, but whatever the outcome I find she's very rarely wrong about the strengths and weaknesses of the ship itself. It's all up to the player to work with them or mitigate them as appropriate.

I wouldn't have minded winnning "garbage" DOY and I wouldn't sell her if I got her as a supercontainer ship, but I know I won't spend money on her. Likewise Varyag, which she hated, was fun but that one was an event prize. Much as I love her in co-op, I'd have hated to pay full release price for her.

(Hopefully we get Goeben/Yavuz in game as a binational ship after the style of Boise/Julio.) 

....and right after posting this, I see that Mouse's review is up and she did indeed call it a mehbote! I'm psychic!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

I would love a Goeben / Yavuz too...for reasons :cap_like:.

I actually bought the Duke of York when she came out, but its because I wanted the Scharnhorst winter camo since I play that ship a lot. 

True about player skill as well.  I've seen Krispy Kremes get Krakens and Belfasts die in the first few seconds of the game.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, slickyboy50 said:

I cannot find the Mission chain in the name of his highness, where is it?

It is not a mission chain, but the name of the PEF event. You will find the Directives in the upper left corner of the port.