You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

WG you sneaky, cheeky, buggers (LOL) - did you reinstate the "improved Co-op bots" for snowflake event?

34 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles

Ok, it's just ONE game and it may be an oddity but I just played my 1st snowflake event game, in my T2 Tachibana (going to go low to high tier), and the bots were on roids. They were acting like they did during the recent attempt to "improve" the AI in Co-op. WASD like mad, running away, amped up shooting, torp dodging way beyond even what you normally see ( I saw a bot DD literally nose dive to stop with my torp just missing it's bow), NOT being easily baited out of the base, etc... It was a lot of work for a T2 Co-op match.

If they did in fact put the improved AI back for this snowflake thing, because they know so many will do it in Co-op, that would be hilarious. People going there for their quick and easy win only to find the games drag on like PVP games. :Smile_hiding:

Need more games to tell but THIS game definitely was not normal bot behavior and especially at such a low tier.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Boring 1

[R-F]
Members
1,194 posts
7,860 battles

stuck at work but it seems like most people are reporting the usual 5-minute stomps.  Don't know what to tell ya... play some more and see how it goes I guess.

[-KAK-]
Members
251 posts
7,002 battles

Personally, I think it'd be hillarious if they up'd the difficulty of coop just because of the event. That said, I just ran the 5 or so T2-T4 premiums I have through coop, and I didn't notice anything special. Short games, pulled several stunts that would not have worked in randoms (Or even high-tiered coop I suspect)

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

I played three games this morning and the only problem I was seeing was and increase in AFKs at the start of the game. In all three battles that I played (New Mex, Atlanta and Indy) there was someone who was AFK either the entire battle or most of it. Other than that, the battles were pretty standard when it came to bot AI.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok, it's just ONE game and it may be an oddity but I just played my 1st snowflake event game, in my T2 Tachibana (going to go low to high tier), and the bots were on roids. They were acting like they did during the recent attempt to "improve" the AI in Co-op. WASD like mad, running away, amped up shooting, torp dodging way beyond even what you normally see ( I saw a bot DD literally nose dive to stop with my torp just missing it's bow), NOT being easily baited out of the base, etc... It was a lot of work for a T2 Co-op match.

If they did in fact put the improved AI back for this snowflake thing, because they know so many will do it in Co-op, that would be hilarious. People going there for their quick and easy win only to find the games drag on like PVP games. :Smile_hiding:

Need more games to tell but THIS game definitely was not normal bot behavior and especially at such a low tier.

They know you're an expert, so they're sending their best to fight you. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,754 posts
11,123 battles

WG instituted skill based MM in coop only. The pro coop players get the tough bots. Us lowly random players who are jumping into coop get the easy bots.

mickey mouse troll GIF

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,004 posts

Had one recent Co-Op game in my Variag (of all ships) where I killed off a DD, low health phoenix, then rammed an Ishizuchi -- killing it by flood a moment later since Repair was on cool-down.... AND WE LOST !!!! The other players were blaming me because I threw my ship away in a ram... Sorry folks. Don't think I could do more than 62K damage here with a T3 Variag... And yes, the bots were on steroids. And they were Hemerhoids.

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I personally don't think it is fair that the Bots get super human abilities and their ships do not behave as they do for human controlled players. They can have a better AI without having a ship being able to stop from full speed to zero in 200 feet. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles

Haven't had a chance to play another so as I said it might have been just that one game. But man I hope the high tier bots don't play like that or it will be horrible like it was when the added the improved AI a while back. Just never seen T2 bots fight so well. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
515 posts
12,917 battles

Did 14 co-ops this morning before leaving for work (just going in order of my carousel) and won all 14.   Only got killed once in my Farragut.  I usually don’t play a lot of co-op but have done recently for legendary upgrades.   The bots seemed just as dumb this morning as they have been for all those legendary grind co-op games.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,754 posts
11,123 battles

I am still going to try to do the entire event in Random especially now that we know Alaska is going to be 1 mil FXP. Time to get the grind on!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
13 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I personally don't think it is fair that the Bots get super human abilities and their ships do not behave as they do for human controlled players. They can have a better AI without having a ship being able to stop from full speed to zero in 200 feet. 

Yeah. Things that annoy me:

1) Bots knowing exactly where the torps are the moment they are launched (sometimes even disengaging the targeting predictor does not solve this).

2) Super-boosted turning, stopping and accelerating abilities, and always timed perfectly.

3) Ships that fired torpedoes AFTER they were very clearly seen to have exploded, and ALWAYS on a perfect collision course.

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah. Things that annoy me:

3) Ships that fired torpedoes AFTER they were very clearly seen to have exploded, and ALWAYS on a perfect collision course.

LOL When you said the last one all I can think about is Kahn saying From Hell's Heart, I stab at thee.

Kahn.jpg

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
593 posts
3,104 battles

I played a few coop games to farm snowflakes, I have to say... that the bots are definitively more human-like!.

In two matches I witnessed bots that in their last effort to take down something (before being sunk) shoot their torpedos... at their bot team-mates! :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Members
1,262 posts
8,578 battles
7 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

LOL When you said the last one all I can think about is Kahn saying From Hell's Heart, I stab at thee.

Kahn.jpg

And my typical response to those post-death torps....

KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!

KHAN.png

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,550 posts
32,125 battles
28 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Every now and again, the superbots show up.  It doesn't seem consistent in any way.

This has been my experience as well.  The improved AI bots seem to show up about 5% to 10% of the time.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,479 posts
2,500 battles
2 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

I played a few coop games to farm snowflakes, I have to say... that the bots are definitively more human-like!.

In two matches I witnessed bots that in their last effort to take down something (before being sunk) shoot their torpedos... at their bot team-mates! :Smile_teethhappy:

Anger at their teammates is very human like.

Beta Testers
659 posts
7,892 battles

They need to add bots telling the humans they suck after a bot kills one of us.  That would be hilarious I think

Add to your list:

4. Even though never spotted, the bot CV knows exactly where you are

[SIMP]
Members
1,217 posts
41 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Every now and again, the superbots show up.  It doesn't seem consistent in any way.

Yep. Just had a T2/3 co-op game where the three Bot DDs were torping better than their T10 counterparts. It was just stupid hard for this level.

I don't know if it was (like in AdmiralThunder's case) because of my good record in co-op, or if there is a new coding scheme for them. 

I sure hope this isn't the norm for typical matches, because it will drive new players away for sure.

[MK48]
[MK48]
Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

Started w my top tiers and surprisingly havent lost a match, either that or the die hard sweaties are coming to co op for the easy win. 

I havent noticed admiral, but the damned cv death circle is fairly annoying at 20km :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Schnauzahpowahz
Sp

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,379 posts
10,928 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They never completely went away as they would pop up every once in awhile particularly in the high tiers. I also noticed that some times one or two bots would seem to be using the "smart" bot programing while the rest would do their usual charge in and sink.