You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Confused about something/Nerds of steel missions

14 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,378 posts
7,640 battles

Do you have to buy Prinz eitel to do this? Or can you do it after you earn her for free in the 1 week window before these combat missions expire?

image.thumb.png.9987c636f6858ec06e61cdd20ff6dc41.png camp

Edited by HorrorRoach

[ARGSY]
Members
10,232 posts
6,674 battles
2 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Do you have to buy Prinz eitel to do this?

No, you can do it after you win her. Given the requirements of some of the Royal Navy event tasks, this should not be impossible even in the space of a week if you can play hard enough.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,378 posts
7,640 battles

ok. Well i might just buy her with the Steel Giants campaign if the price is "ok" since i'm getting free christmas money. Hmm... Tough call, I can wait 5 weeks for a tier 6 premium.

[BS]
Members
1,378 posts
7,640 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, you can do it after you win her. Given the requirements of some of the Royal Navy event tasks, this should not be impossible even in the space of a week if you can play hard enough.

Are you guys sure the directives/missions don't disappear each week regardless of if you complete them?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,740 posts
11,088 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Are you guys sure the directives/missions don't disappear each week regardless of if you complete them?

Yes. They all stick around. You could do all of them in the last week (not recommended lol)

[ARGSY]
Members
10,232 posts
6,674 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes. They all stick around. You could do all of them in the last week (not recommended lol)

Wargaming themselves basically said exactly this.

On Day 1 of the event, only the first Directive will be available. The second one will open up a week later, and so on. The fourth Directive will remain open for two weeks with all combat missions available until the end of the event. This means you can enter the game even during the fourth week and still be able to complete all available combat missions. But please keep in mind that each Directive is more difficult than the preceding one. So, plan your time wisely so as not to miss your chance to acquire Prinz Eitel Friedrich!

It's exactly like the four-directive stages we had in the RN event, but this stage lasts four weeks and the missions are a week each instead of being churned out every day. The RN stages closed out at the end of each week. This single stage only closes out at the end of the entire event.

Depending on exactly where they've set the bar for each individual task, this is either going to be a hard slog or the easiest walkthrough in history.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

In the Name of His Highness, the Directives drop once a week and since this is one Stage, will all be available.

Dates

One Directive will drop each week, most likely on the schedule for the RN event, and the last week will be a catch up week to work all the Directives at once.

Directive I Will start Thu, Dec 20th 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 10-11 missions. You will need to complete 6. One or more may only be for the PEF as you can buy it in the shop when the event starts.

Directive II will most likely start Wed, Dec 26th 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 10-11 missions. You will need to complete 6-9. One or more may only be for the PEF.

Directive III will most likely start Wed, Jan 2nd 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 10-11 missions. You will need to complete 6-9. One or more may only be for the PEF.

Directive IV, the last, will most likely start Wed, Jan 9th 6am EST (3am PST) and will have 11 missions. You will need to complete 6-9. One or more may only be for the PEF. This will be the earliest you can earn the PEF for free. The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only. No details on the nations yet.

All the Directives will continue to be available until early morning Jan 23rd when patch 8.0 starts.

Nerves of Steel can only be done with PEF. So you earn it on or after Jan 9th or buy PEF.

NOTE:

Snowflakes starts Wed, Dec 19th when the patch drops and runs until early morning Wed, Jan 23rd when patch 8.0 drops.

In the Name of His Highness campaign to get PEF starts Thu, Dec 20th at 6am EST (3am PST) and ends at 4am EST (1am PST) Tue, Jan 22nd.

The Mighty Prinz campaign starts Wed, Dec 19th at 7PM EST (4PM PST), so will not start right after the patch drops. It ends at 5pm EST (2pm PST) Tue, Jan 22nd.

The Nerves of Steel missions for steel using PEF start Fri, Dec 21st at 6:20 AM EST (3:20 PST) and ends at 6:20am EST (3:20am PST) Fri, Jan 25th.

The Steel Monster campaign starts when you buy it, but nothing confirmed for release day yet. It will end 180 days after buying it.

Full details

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I wonder how much over lap there is in the directives? Like with the RN event, just wait until saturday and you can complete them all at once.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I wonder how much over lap there is in the directives? Like with the RN event, just wait until saturday and you can complete them all at once.

Yes, but you would have to wait until Jan 9th. One Directive will drop each week. So on Dec 26th, you can work Directives I & II. On Jan 2nd, you can work Directives I-III and on Jan 9th, you can work all for Directives. Do note when each event starts and ends.

NOTE:

Snowflakes starts Wed, Dec 19th when the patch drops and runs until early morning Wed, Jan 23rd when patch 8.0 drops.

In the Name of His Highness campaign to get PEF starts Thu, Dec 20th at 6am EST (3am PST) and ends at 4am EST (1am PST) Tue, Jan 22nd.

The Mighty Prinz campaign starts Wed, Dec 19th at 7PM EST (4PM PST), so will not start right after the patch drops. It ends at 5pm EST (2pm PST) Tue, Jan 22nd.

The Nerves of Steel missions for steel using PEF start Fri, Dec 21st at 6:20 AM EST (3:20 PST) and ends at 6:20am EST (3:20am PST) Fri, Jan 25th.

The Steel Monster campaign starts when you buy it, but nothing confirmed for release day yet. It will end 180 days after buying it.

[BS]
Members
1,378 posts
7,640 battles

Remember we're talking about the nerves of steel missions and if all of the missions stay active until jan 25th or whatever. I know how to get Prinz Eitel. I just don't want to earn PE for free, then find out i can't get the Nerves of steelio because I waited too long.

With the snowflakes and the buyable campaign, i'll be SO CLOSE to a Stalingrad or Burgergroin.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
4 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Remember we're talking about the nerves of steel missions and if all of the missions stay active until jan 25th or whatever. I know how to get Prinz Eitel. I just don't want to earn PE for free, then find out i can't get the Nerves of steelio because I waited too long.

With the snowflakes and the buyable campaign, i'll be SO CLOSE to a Stalingrad or Burgergroin.

11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, but you would have to wait until Jan 9th. One Directive will drop each week. So on Dec 26th, you can work Directives I & II. On Jan 2nd, you can work Directives I-III and on Jan 9th, you can work all for Directives. Do note when each event starts and ends.

NOTE:

Yes, early morning the 25th of January, so plan on finishing by the 24th.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

The Nerves of Steel is a mission chain that you get once you get PEF, either in the shop or in game. You have to complete mission 1 before you can work on mission 2 in Nerves of Steel.

Start: Fri. 21 Dec. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 21 Dec. 00:00
End: Fri. 25 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 25 Jan. 00:00

Part 1:

• In battles, score 300 ribbons.
  • Reward: 400 Steel.
  • Ship restrictions: VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich
  • Available battle modes: Operations, Random, Coop, and Ranked Battles.

Part 2:

• In battles, earn 8,000 base XP.
  • Ship restrictions: VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich

Part 3:

• In battles, earn 30,000 total XP.
  • Available battle modes: Operations, Random, Coop, and Ranked Battles.

Part 4:

• In battles, cause 250,000 damage.
  • Reward: 400 Steel.

Part 5:

• In battles, earn 3,000,000 credits.

You can complete the Combat Missions of this Chain only once, and only in the specified order.
Final Reward: 19 Steel for a total of 2,019 steel.

it's all in here.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176904-psa-snowflakes-steel-coal-prinz-eitel-friedrich-info/