You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlakKnight

WG Hawaii when???

14 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,221 battles

Now that Alaska it's confirmed we need crucial info on the sister ship that's going to be requested four hundred plus times a day?!?!?!?!

BuUUt MUhHhh ALAaaSkA cLaSss is hIStorIcallY SigNifiCANt ON wiKIpEdIA!!

• Boring 2

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,294 battles

Wouldn't Guam be the next logical choice?

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,529 battles

This is true of all ships everyone wants one of the sister ships. You see it being requested all the time  especially for the IJN ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Hawai'i or Guam as a T7 BB!

The fact that I already have Scharnhorst is what keeps me from wanting either Alaska or Kronshtadt. They are basically the same thing in a higher tier package, without Scharnhorst's valuable (IMHO) sweeteners.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The fact that I already have Scharnhorst is what keeps me from wanting either Alaska or Kronshtadt. They are basically the same thing in a higher tier package, without Scharnhorst's valuable (IMHO) sweeteners.

I was lobbying for all of the 12" battlecruisers as T7 BBs, but WG went with T10 for Clan Battles/steel rewards.

[VX9]
Beta Testers
104 posts
5,248 battles

Here I was looking at the title and thinking that WG is going to have an event in my home state, and what do I find? A discussion about putting the third Alaska-class ship into the game. My reaction is thus: HELL NO!

I looked at the history of the USS Hawaii, and it reads like a farce. Started out as a large cruiser, construction suspended, redesigned as a missile cruiser, construction suspended, redesigned as a command ship, construction suspended, proposed redesign as a very large Polaris ballistic missile ship, proposal rejected, and hull finally scrapped in 1960. One year after we became a state.

The Hawaii’s history alone makes her the ultimate paper ship, and we’ve had quite enough whinging and whining about that with the Russian BBs inbound.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
611 posts
1,545 battles

From the title I thought you were asking about when WG was going to open a headquarters or at least host a server in Hawaii...:Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
20,153 posts
20,002 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I was lobbying for all of the 12" battlecruisers as T7 BBs, but WG went with T10 for Clan Battles/steel rewards.

And I was lobbying for them to be high tier cruisers.  :Smile-_tongue:

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

And I was lobbying for them to be high tier cruisers.  :Smile-_tongue:

:Smile_honoring:  looks like you won. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
2 hours ago, FlakKnight said:

Now that Alaska it's confirmed we need crucial info on the sister ship that's going to be requested four hundred plus times a day?!?!?!?!

BuUUt MUhHhh ALAaaSkA cLaSss is hIStorIcallY SigNifiCANt ON wiKIpEdIA!!

I know you are being sarcastic but I have been fascinated with battleships since the mid 70's when my dad took me on the USS North Carolina for the first time. Since then I started reading books on battleships and from the moment I first read about the Alaska class I was fascinated. Yes I know they were not battleships or even battle cruisers. They were still a unique experiment by the Navy and were the most powerful all gun cruisers to ever sail. So in my opinion there is nothing wrong with seeing a childhood fascination come to life in the game.