You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MattttChris

Alaska price confirmed. 1 mil free XP

230 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
182 posts
8,589 battles

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/a7mqev/alaska_is_coming_for_1_million_free_xp/

The dev blog post

i will take that over steel steel or coal any day. 

Source is from Calistron of the Warships podcast. He got the info straight from WG in the CC discord 

Edited by MattttChris
  • Cool 2

Members
1,195 posts

mmm, I still WONT take that as fact even though it may be right, as its NOT WG per se saying it, it is by definition second hand info.

[RKN]
Members
182 posts
8,589 battles
4 minutes ago, b101uk said:

mmm, I still WONT take that as fact even though it may be right, as its NOT WG per se saying it, it is by definition second hand info.

WG put it in the CC discord. It couldn't be more first hand...

first hand enough? 

https://m.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2251884088471259

Edited by MattttChris
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,193 posts
483 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

This is fact.  Hopefully that helps!

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

Well we kind of figured 1 million was the goal since Wargaming mentioned it before. The upside to the carrier rework is I have that easily on my fleet of carriers and will get it all in free xp when the rework goes live in January. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
5 minutes ago, MattttChris said:

Maybe, but WG has been pretty bad about changing things last minute over the past year. Salem’s camo bonuses are a prime example. Until release she had normal T5-8 bonuses, then bam T10 camo bonuses at release.

Edited by SavageTactical

Members
1,195 posts
3 minutes ago, MattttChris said:

until it actually arrives in the tech-tree area and/or the arsenal or that WG actually make the statement publicly for ALL to see, it is subject to change, be it from volume of people moaning on forum (vs the prior standard of 750K FXP), it could be nothing more than WG testing the waters for reaction, by letting slip a provisional value. 

I just see Radar_X post

Edited by b101uk
I just see Radar_X post

[JASH]
Members
3,688 posts
10,082 battles

No, no, wait...

Oh never mind...

Edited by MrKilmister

Beta Testers
790 posts
4,484 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

until it actually arrives in the tech-tree area and/or the arsenal or that WG actually make the statement publicly for ALL to see, it is subject to change, be it from volume of people moaning on forum (vs the prior standard of 750K FXP), it could be nothing more than WG testing the waters for reaction, by letting slip a provisional value. 

Pretty sure it just was confirmed 3 posts above yours by Radar_X

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,807 posts
21,054 battles

So where to click when I‘m home in 5 minutes? I have 1.25 mio free XP waiting.

Members
1,195 posts
Just now, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

Pretty sure it just was confirmed 3 posts above yours by Radar_X

I am Pretty sure you could have guess when I started writing my post Radar_X replay to this thread WASNT there, but then I maybe overestimating you abilities. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,305 posts
3,290 battles

I hope this is not right?     I was really hoping for the 750K XP price tag previous t9s carried..     

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,371 posts
11,869 battles
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

This is fact.  Hopefully that helps!

If you're gonna offer the ships for free XP, why not make them available in the Premium shop?  The end result is the same: Cash for Gold to convert to XP, or Cash to buy the ship outright.

What's the difference?

• Cool 3

[SQUAD]
Members
8,033 posts
8,371 battles
1 minute ago, mohawkdriver said:

If you're gonna offer the ships for free XP, why not make them available in the Premium shop?  The end result is the same: Cash for Gold to convert to XP, or Cash to buy the ship outright.

What's the difference?

People earn free xp without spending any cash at all, that's the difference.

Beta Testers
790 posts
4,484 battles
2 minutes ago, b101uk said:

I am Pretty sure you could have guess when I started writing my post Radar_X replay to this thread WASNT there, but then I maybe overestimating you abilities. 

Ive seen too many people ask a question when the answer is literally one post above. just had to make sure ;)

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

For those who don't like facebook...

Dear players!

American cruiser tier IХ Alaska is ready, will be available soon in game for 1 000 000 Free EXP.

The ship has large dimensions, boasts an extensive pool of HP, carries powerful 305 mm artillery and efficient AA defenses, and is equipped with a very diverse set of consumables. Alaska excels at destroying cruisers at mid-range distances.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

[RKN]
Members
182 posts
8,589 battles
4 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

What's the difference?

Someone who has played 0 matches can buy a premium ship. People actually had to play to earn the XP to convert

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
5 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

People earn free xp without spending any cash at all, that's the difference.

I think he is asking why they don't add it to the Premium Shop as well as offering in Arsenal. Mohawk makes a very good point, it seems silly not to just offer it for cash as well. 

I missed Matt's response until after I posted.. I don't think it matters Matt, who cares? Right now someone can buy tier 8s and play with zero games. Tier 9 is no different, you are still going to be spending time fighting tier 10s... It is an arbitrary thing to do and does not prevent noobs from ending up in high tier matches. It is ridiculous. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

I think he is asking why they don't add it to the Premium Shop as well as offering in Arsenal. Mohawk makes a very good point, it seems silly not to just offer it for cash as well. 

They did it with the Jean Bart then shortly after threw out coupons to non-whales (but that's another matter entirely.)

• Cool 1