You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Sweet, afk divisions in coop already!

79 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
3,103 posts
8,094 battles

image.png.ea9d5a6a585f8714453e6b0fbdadfee4.png

Nice of these guys to just drop in as a triple div and go AFK already.

Do snowflakes count if you get 0 xp? Please tell me WG anticipated this scenario in the way they made a mode where spamming ships literally is the most effective way to clear snowflakes.

At least one clan is deliberately spamming coop games and exiting to port, so it seems likely this works to win a snowflake...

Edited by enderland07

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

LOL they get no steel or coal  for a zero score, guess some people don't read the update. The upside to idiots sitting at spawn is normal players can farm big scores for once in co-op! 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 6

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,178 posts
10,330 battles

Wow. This is where a 3 strike (in a row) idle penalty should cause a few day time out from the game. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,422 posts
10,148 battles

@Kizarvexis has this in his PSA.  The AFKs will eventually figure it out.

Please note that if you get 0 XP for a battle, a Snowflake is not treated as "blown off" and remains on the ship.

NOTE: You have to win the game and the normal pink/orange rules apply. It is HIGHLY Discouraged to start a match, leave the match before you are dead and start a new match with a different ship to blast through all your ships. Leaving a match before you are sunk can and likely will result in a pink penalty. Too many pink penalties in a short time and you will turn orange. The amount of games you are pink/orange can ramp up very quickly. You can very likely rack up dozens of games of being orange and locked into Co-op in a very short time, so please just play out the battles. Wins in co-op count and are fairly easy to get, so just please play out the games. Co-op games tend to last 5-7 minutes on average, so they do not take long.

• Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Members
3,103 posts
8,094 battles
2 minutes ago, gmrbull said:

They will get the pink penalty. 

Oh no, they have to play more games in coop.

I'm skeptical that WG's logic for 0xp is even working given how prevalent this is in coop atm.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

The AFKs will eventually figure it out.

For the first time I am none too sure about this Lib. Kind of waiting for forum posts complaining about not getting coal/steel after "playing" a match.... 

• Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
915 posts
11,006 battles

If afk ships are on a flank that bots push and no one else goes that way, they could theoretically get spotting flags, which takes no effort from the player, and getting non-zero xp.

[TOG]
Members
3,417 posts
17,854 battles

If they try going AFK, the odds of a win is going to go down. I'm pretty sure they'll figure it out when the snow flakes are still in. Watch the guys whine here on the forum about it. 

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

I actually lost a co-op game yesterday because of this. Out of three human players, two AFKed and I, in a CV, couldn't kill just fast enough. 

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

@Kizarvexis has this in his PSA.  The AFKs will eventually figure it out.

Please note that if you get 0 XP for a battle, a Snowflake is not treated as "blown off" and remains on the ship.

NOTE: You have to win the game and the normal pink/orange rules apply. It is HIGHLY Discouraged to start a match, leave the match before you are dead and start a new match with a different ship to blast through all your ships. Leaving a match before you are sunk can and likely will result in a pink penalty. Too many pink penalties in a short time and you will turn orange. The amount of games you are pink/orange can ramp up very quickly. You can very likely rack up dozens of games of being orange and locked into Co-op in a very short time, so please just play out the battles. Wins in co-op count and are fairly easy to get, so just please play out the games. Co-op games tend to last 5-7 minutes on average, so they do not take long.

Yep, someone did this during the Anniversary event and said his games starting ending as he was finishing up his 20 or so T10s. He got something like a 100 game Orange penalty and was restricted to co-op. The Salt will be fun. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,422 posts
10,148 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

For the first time I am none too sure about this Lib. Kind of waiting for forum posts complaining about not getting coal/steel after "playing" a match.... 

No doubt.  As is my tendency, I embedded a bit of hidden sarcasm in my post.

[HINON]
Members
10,705 posts
3 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

If afk ships are on a flank that bots push and no one else goes that way, they could theoretically get spotting flags, which takes no effort from the player, and getting non-zero xp.

Spotting ribbons do not counter the 0 xp afk penalty.  Shell hits etc do. There have been players who were active in a battle and did spot but got detonated early in a match and received 0 xp.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
13 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Do snowflakes count if you get 0 xp?

No, they don't.

People doing this can be used as bot bait. Reverse and lie in wait. Farm bots. Report idiots. Profit.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

I decided to play PvP to finish off the 3 main gun disables I need to free up the last campaign slot. :Smile_teethhappy:

Funny when PvP mains invade co-op and AFK so the PVE main invades PvP. 

Edited by Kizarvexis

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles
20 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Spotting Ribbons and Spotting Damage only count if you deal damage, other than secondaries and fires. There are safe guards in place.

[HINON]
Members
10,705 posts
50 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Really?  And spotting damage is no xp?  What was the point of adding the ribbons and displaying spotting damage?  Meh.

You only get spotting xp if you also did essential actions like hit ribbons plane kills etc.

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles

I had to laugh when I read this thread. I was playing randoms with @Ares1967 last night and he said I guarantee there will be threads from PVE players complaining about PVP players invading PVE for the snowflake events. The man is a prophet lol.

I too will be invading PVE to run all my ships through the snowflake event but I pledge I will do my very best to contribute to the match and not ruin it for the PVE players. 

• Cool 1

[DNTZ]
Members
284 posts
13,675 battles
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I too will be invading PVE to run all my ships through the snowflake event but I pledge I will do my very best to contribute to the match and not ruin it for the PVE players. 

Same

[YORHA]
Members
4,047 posts
7,023 battles

It would be nice if WG would initiate a special Bannination protocol for these type of jerks.  Do it five times and you are gone until the event is over.

Oh well... a boy can dream, can't he?

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
1,194 posts
7,860 battles

Why would you do an AFK div?  That's just braindead.  Even if you thought you could afk your way to a win, you have to realize that filling up almost half the team with afk players gives you a much better chance of not even getting the win.  Plus it's a giant screaming "look at us, we're breaking the rules!".  If you split up, not only would you be less likely to tank your team, it's not going to be so blatant what you're doing.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
7 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I had to laugh when I read this thread. I was playing randoms with @Ares1967 last night and he said I guarantee there will be threads from PVE players complaining about PVP players invading PVE for the snowflake events. The man is a prophet lol.

4 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

Same

As long as you try to contribute, we PvE mains don't care. But AFK'ing just screws over the team and yourself, see below.

4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It would be nice if WG would initiate a special Bannination protocol for these type of jerks.  Do it five times and you are gone until the event is over.

Oh well... a boy can dream, can't he?

Well, 0XP doesn't blow off a star and AFK still makes you pink. It doesn't take too many in a row in a short time to make you orange and locked into co-op. :Smile_teethhappy: Do it too many times and you can have 100 or more game Orange penalty. 

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Why would you do an AFK div?  That's just braindead.  Even if you thought you could afk your way to a win, you have to realize that filling up almost half the team with afk players gives you a much better chance of not even getting the win.  Plus it's a giant screaming "look at us, we're breaking the rules!".  If you split up, not only would you be less likely to tank your team, it's not going to be so blatant what you're doing.

Some people just don't think. :Smile_teethhappy: