You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shadowbear225

Anyone Know What The Mysterious Ship in the Arsenal is?

61 comments in this topic

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,312 battles

it is most likely the alaska. keep in mind that the musashi was also a free xp ship as well as sold for coal. the price difference will be higher but that is ALASKA

Modder, Beta Testers
1,576 posts
2,652 battles

USS Charleston (C-22)  was going to be made available in the Arsenal.  I assume this maybe her.

Wait belay my last,  that looks to be for steel

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,098 posts
3,566 battles
2 minutes ago, Woofship said:

The arsenal appears to be sorted by Tier, so that's a Tier X ship. I'll assume it's that teased Japanese Cruiser Azuma

PlzNo. I need something to spend coal on, not YET ANOTHER tier X steel ship :/

1 minute ago, TheStarSlayer said:

USS Charleston (C-22)  was going to be made available in the Arsenal.  I assume this maybe her.

Charleston is there. Just picked it up for 15k coal

[WOLFG]
Members
4,497 posts
2,510 battles
Just now, TheStarSlayer said:

Wouldn't be for steel though, I hope (I know, announced for coal).

Could just be a place holder picture for it though.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
19 minutes ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Most likely the Charleston for 15k coal.

Edit: Just got into the game and Charleston is already there. So a new Steel ship. Maybe one to replace Flint IF Flint gets pulled?

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
24 posts
2,964 battles
1 minute ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Sorry, I did not include it in the original post but Charleston is already in the arsenal.

Soon2.thumb.png.a9dbcdbdcd0825219e97c665e0cfbe59.png

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,312 battles
6 minutes ago, Woofship said:

The arsenal appears to be sorted by Tier, so that's a Tier X ship. I'll assume it's that teased Japanese Cruiser Azuma

The azuma is still being tested and is a WiP. WG wouldnt tease a ship thats still in testing

That is the Alaska

Members
24 posts
2,964 battles
4 minutes ago, Woofship said:

That thought had passed through my mind. However, Azuma has not even entered testing yet (it was just released to Supertesters in 0.7.12 according to the patch notes). So would they really announce that it would be in the arsenal? 

[FOG]
Members
387 posts
5,170 battles

I have to wonder if that "Soon" ship placeholder in the Arsenal to be acquired by Steel is for the Alaska?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,460 posts
12,810 battles

It's American for certain, you can tell buy the radar mounted on the rangefinders.  Bow looks like an American cruiser by shape, but doesn't look quite right for Alaska.  Alaska's wigwam is also missing, as is the forward 40mm mount.  If Salem was not already in the arsenal, that would have been my pick.

Of course, it could be a placeholder image too.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

Members
501 posts
2 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

The azuma is still being tested and is a WiP. WG wouldnt tease a ship thats still in testing

That is the Alaska

No. The sorting is by price. It's going to be another 28k steel ship and Alaska is a T9 cruiser. They aren't going to price a T9 cruiser the same as the Stalingrad. 

It's the Azuma. 

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

It's American for certain, you can tell buy the radar mounted on the rangefinders.  Bow looks like an American cruiser by shape, but doesn't look quite right for Alaska.  Alaska's wigwam is also missing, as is the forward 40mm mount.  If Salem was not already in the arsenal, that would have been my pick.

Of course, it could be a placeholder image too.

image.png.2cfee96d41db21a07e65798d359820a8.png

Concur, generic placeholder image probably.  Not Alaska's bow.

• Cool 1

[SFROG]
Beta Testers
73 posts
5,516 battles

Agreed - I have a job that keeps me away from home effectively 12 hours a day 5 days a week, I don't have the time or the patience to grind ranked, nor the time and schedule flexibility to "work" a job playing clanwars every day.  As such, I am effectively excluded from 90% of steel.  I'll be using the upcoming campaigns and events and whatnot to get some, but the more that gets locked behind a resource that I effectively am unable to get for personal and practical reasons (yes I could choose to spend every waking moment of the weekend banging my head against a wall to try to rank up for example, but that is as much as job, and not so much "fun" which is what I want from games) the more I resent that I'm not deemed worthy of rewards despite being a whale of a customer since semi-closed Beta.

• Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
572 posts
7,947 battles
1 minute ago, DarkLanceAR said:

Could it be the HMS Exeter? There's been some talk about it recently on the dev blog

No. That ship is even farther than the tier 10 Azuma in the Development cycle. There are only 3 options: Alaska, Neustrashimy and Azuma. 2 of those are tier 9, one is tier 10.

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

I say we don't even wait for the actual facts to be revealed and RIOT NOW.  In this busy holiday season, why not avoid the rush?

image.png.fa9c01781a5407d51b21ed57fd4439b2.png

• Funny 4

[WOLF5]
Members
691 posts
24,140 battles

If the silhouette is correct, it shouldn't be the Alaska since she had a set of AA gun tubs on the bow. The ONLY T-X that has been teased is the IJN Azuma which has a similar bow/mast. Of course since it just went to ST, so it's really early, but hey maybe WG is teasing it so players know it's coming in 3ish months. Maybe they've finally learned the difference between marketing and announcing a release is for sale.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
401 posts
3,320 battles

Azuma I could see going for steel.   If it is the Alaska going for steel, things will get ugly around here very rapidly.