Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_HatTrick_

When are they going to put the ships on sale for Christmas...or are they?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

Christmas is 5 days away now and I'm still not seeing any new sales on ships in the Premium Shop or for doubloons in game.  Are they just punting on that this year?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I agree with the OP. I have a yearly budget for WOWS and there are a lot of unknowns, holding back my spending, in hard cash and silver / dubs in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

I agree it would be nice to know.  However, if they publicize that a big sale is coming in a few days, it stops people who might otherwise be buying stuff now at full price.  No real advantage to WG put up a big "Wait! Don't buy anything right now" sign. Those of us who are already holding onto our wallets in expectation of a sale will still be here whenever it starts.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
18 minutes ago, Bianchi4Me said:

I agree it would be nice to know.  However, if they publicize that a big sale is coming in a few days, it stops people who might otherwise be buying stuff now at full price.  No real advantage to WG put up a big "Wait! Don't buy anything right now" sign. Those of us who are already holding onto our wallets in expectation of a sale will still be here whenever it starts.

All I want to know is will there be stuff on sale or no.  I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of doubloons from the crates I bought and I would like to spend some.  However, if I buy a ship for doubloons today and tomorrow it goes on sale for a sizable discount, I'm not going to be happy about that.  I don't need specifics, I just need to know if a sale is incoming or not.  It's not going to effect their bottom line as I am operating with the assumption there will be a sale and sitting on my doubloons waiting for it.  If they confirmed that there will be sale, nothing changes on my end, I keep waiting.  Only way it would change on my end is if they said, "nope, no sales this year, sorry.  Then I would probably go ahead and spend some now.  So the way I see it, staying mum is only hurting their bottom line :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
611 posts
1,528 battles

Advent sales over on WoT have been going on since the first part of the month, and I've already blown my budget for the month over there...sorry WoWS, you took too long to get out of Halloween mode!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
292 posts
3,552 battles
11 minutes ago, _HatTrick_ said:

All I want to know is will there be stuff on sale or no.  I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of doubloons from the crates I bought and I would like to spend some.  However, if I buy a ship for doubloons today and tomorrow it goes on sale for a sizable discount, I'm not going to be happy about that.  I don't need specifics, I just need to know if a sale is incoming or not.  It's not going to effect their bottom line as I am operating with the assumption there will be a sale and sitting on my doubloons waiting for it.  If they confirmed that there will be sale, nothing changes on my end, I keep waiting.  Only way it would change on my end is if they said, "nope, no sales this year, sorry.  Then I would probably go ahead and spend some now.  So the way I see it, staying mum is only hurting their bottom line :P

plus it's not like anything is new but i guess they want you to blow it on the Prince Tier 6 mumbo jumbo and then be pissed when the discounts come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
42 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

plus it's not like anything is new but i guess they want you to blow it on the Prince Tier 6 mumbo jumbo and then be pissed when the discounts come. 

Well that one isn't for sale for doubloons (at least I don't think so, not in game to verify right now) so it's kind of a different beast.  I got like 24k doubloons from santa crates and I want to buy some new ships but I don't want to get buyer's remorse 2 days later ya know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[LOU1]
Members
3,560 posts
9,429 battles

The weekend sale info usually comes out on Friday, sometimes on Thursday.  For instance, IIRC the Weekend Candies wasn't announced until the Friday of the sale..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
699 posts
4,974 battles

I am really hoping for ships that cost doubloons to go on sale.  :cap_rambo:

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

Well it's now Christmas Eve and still no sale so I guess it's safe to say there isn't going to be one.  Thank you Wargaming for ruining my Christmas :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though, I have 48,000 doubloons from crates and no ships on sale to spend them on.  Guess I can stock up on some port slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,695
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,210 posts
14,965 battles
1 hour ago, _HatTrick_ said:

Well it's now Christmas Eve and still no sale so I guess it's safe to say there isn't going to be one.  Thank you Wargaming for ruining my Christmas :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though, I have 48,000 doubloons from crates and no ships on sale to spend them on.  Guess I can stock up on some port slots.

how do you have 48,000 doubloons and not already have the ships that would be on sale anyway? I garnered about 15k doubloons from crates and got every ship I could save 1 dd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
5 minutes ago, Abides said:

how do you have 48,000 doubloons and not already have the ships that would be on sale anyway? I garnered about 15k doubloons from crates and got every ship I could save 1 dd.

I got most of them from crates.  I was exceptionally lucky that almost every crate purchase I made paid for itself just in the doubloons I got.  From there I just sat on them because everyone was saying they would have a sale on premium ships for Christmas and so here I am still sitting on them.  I may buy a ship or two but at this point I figure I waited this long for a sale, why not just keep waiting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,597 posts
6,563 battles

Saw this on another thread and they even confirm "conventional holiday discounts for purchasing ships", around 4:14.  Nothing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,213 posts
5,185 battles

I bought a Mutsu and a DeGrasse with the rest of my Santa crate doubloons.  Nice sale.  Of course, 50% across the board would have been better, but still nice nonetheless.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×