You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Biggest premium ship regret!

94 comments in this topic

[-BUI-]
Members
1,604 posts
4,928 battles

Gaff Spee.   6...sorry, more like 3 (75% of the time) shells every 20 seconds?   I'd rather "gunboat" in an IJN Torpedo Boat.    Originally bought it, sold it, and got another one in Santa Crates.   No intension of ever playing it again, but I know better now to not sell it again.

Aigle as others have mentioned, its just a sub-par DD compared to its in-tier competition.    If it had competitive concealment it might be useful, but its one of the worst at its tier.    I also consider any DD with torpedoes under 8 KM to be instantly worthless, thats the "minimum range" needed to make torps useable against concealment.    Lackluster guns and can't realistically stealth torp BBs, enjoy your port.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
805 posts
12,983 battles
9 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Molotov. She has a citadel from keel to deck stem to stern covered with flattened beer cans for armor and has the maneuverability of a garbage truck with flat tires. Her excellent guns are worthless when the bote that they're mounted on is easily deleted.

I got Kii and Roma in Christmas crates and their horrid gun accuracy makes Tirpitz look like she's armed with sniper rifles.

Second the Molotov, bought her and the Arizona way back when the AZ first came out. And while the AZ is still my second most played ship in randoms (after the USS Moneygrinder) even though it's been over a year since I last took her out for a spin, I gave up on trying to make the Molotov work after a month of mostly miserable games.

Members
910 posts
11,233 battles

Atlanta.  Up until Yuro posted his first Youtube video about her.  The first and only high-ish tier USN ship for a long while......and it came with 11km range.  Fragile, crappy ranged torps, slow, I mean I was red-faced furious I spent $45 (first purchase too) and could only think of WOT’s shady business deals.  Yeah it was ugly, almost quite the game too, believe it or not.

Ishizuchi.  Extreamly tall for such a low rank vehicle, the AP pen was atrocious, and like Atlanta, terrible range.  Sure great HE, but for the most part you lost 20% of your fire power because of that stupid lifeboat, for the whole match!  To solve this, you would need to go broadside.  Broadside......just let that sink in.

I just want to mention Molotov not because it was a regrettable purchase.  It’s my number 2 most played ship.  It’s just not meant for the long run. It’s getting harder and harder to do well in that ship.

[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles

The PEF, although it came with the "big bundle" and the bundle isn't a regrettable purchase, I did manage to get the Steel I needed from the missions to get my Flint.

I just wanted to point out the PEF itself, is a pile of junk, IMO of course, weak azz AP, even weaker sides, slow, slower, slowest sluggish and boring in every way, I simply detest this ship.  :Smile-angry:

• Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,331 posts
34,208 battles

Dunk and Harekaze. Dunk playstyle sucks and she is power creeped now.

Graf Spee tho I love it, the broken  T6 MM means I dont play it

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

Belfast.  I sold for dubloons when I had the chance and now I wish I didn't.  Not because I expect to play it any better (I could never make it work very well), but for my collection.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

B

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

Katori

Damn thing is so slow, even the bots can't hit it.:Smile_veryhappy: Hard to get decent damage with it. Torps are a lost cause except when up extremely close.

Asashio

Damn near useless against CA and DDs.

• Cool 1

Members
3,354 posts
12,047 battles

Nothing I have purchased directly with real monies or doubloons I regret.

2 ships I received in Xmas containers last year I wish I could trade for something else though, the Hood and the Indy.

[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles
7 minutes ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

Katori

Damn thing is so slow, even the bots can't hit it.:Smile_veryhappy: Hard to get decent damage with it. Torps are a lost cause except when up extremely close.

Asashio

Damn near useless against CA and DDs.

Oh come on, it's not that bad lol 

Katori2.thumb.jpg.58905953a30f7b6662db2f5d32ff5270.jpg

In know, it's a Co-op game, but seriously, where else would you play it? :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

Oh come on, it's not that bad lol 

Katori2.thumb.jpg.58905953a30f7b6662db2f5d32ff5270.jpg

In know, it's a Co-op game, but seriously, where else would you play it? :Smile_veryhappy:

Actually, I've played it in both. Though not for awhile. Hence my prior post.:Smile_Default:

Katori PVE 2018-09-23 (2).png

Katori PVP 2018-09-23 (3).png

Beta Testers
1,946 posts
7,754 battles

Warspite, hood, tirpitz.  First and last because power creep has rendered them just not the ships they once were.  Second because it makes a pretty port queen but that's it.

[O_O]
Members
6,217 posts
14,369 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, SmokeHenge said:

Marblehead isn’t worth much now, but back in the day it was the swiss army knife of the game.

I got her during the PAX Marblehead challenge (sink players to claim the first letter of their name, collect enough to spell out PAX MARBLEHEAD).  She was one of my first few premium ships.  I played her a lot and did pretty well, even though she was marginally inferior to Omaha and more inferior to Murmansk.  Time and power creep, however, haven't been kind to Marblehead.

1 hour ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

Katori

Yeah, painfully slow, but her guns are lasers!

[IXM]
Supertester
259 posts
4,513 battles

Mine would be the Asashio B that I got for free out of one of the free black Friday crates.  I would have rather had 100 det flags.  I've played it for 1 game in coop to knock the snowflake off of it and will likely never play her again.

Edited by Kyralee

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

WV 41'.   The ship is a complete turd.   It's the poster child for buyer's remorse.

Gremlin.  I didn't pay for it- it was a 2016 Santa box ship.  However, I have yet to have even a semi- decent game in it.  It's the AI programming, not the ship itself, but the result is the same- I hate the ship and regret it every time.   (the bots freaking HATE this ship even more than the usual giant steel boner they have for DD's.  No matter what I do, where I go, or how I play it- the entire bot team is right in my face the instant I get spotted- and then it's back to port.)

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
6,104 battles

For me it has to be the Hood and the Duke of York even though i did not buy the DoY but i kind of regret spending all the time last winter doing the missions for the ship it's a gimped KGV with worse DPM. Hell i even like the Roma better than the Hood and DoY when the guns behave.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,779 posts
25,339 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I got her during the PAX Marblehead challenge (sink players to claim the first letter of their name, collect enough to spell out PAX MARBLEHEAD).  She was one of my first few premium ships.  I played her a lot and did pretty well, even though she was marginally inferior to Omaha and more inferior to Murmansk.  Time and power creep, however, haven't been kind to Marblehead.

Don't remind me to that event. Real pain since everyone tried to kill me first since E seems to bea rare starting letter.

If I have to single out one... that T6 Italian cruiser. Even forgot the name. There are some low tiers I didn't play, but they cost only a few $ and it was clear that they end as port queens in my collection.

[USMC_]
Members
1,660 posts

My largest premium regret is a ship I didn't get, the Missouri.  I had just started playing when it was removed.  I planned on getting it, I was saving the Free xp for it and I was planning on getting it.  I had no idea it was going away.  I am sure that there was an announcement about it, I am sure that most everyone knew, I was just ill informed and unaware of so much, including these forums.  I had a Nicholas, an Omaha, a Leander, and was doing mostly co-op battles.  If I had known the Missouri was going away, I would l have paid to convert xp enough to get the ship.  I didn't even know it was gone til I went to get it after it was gone.  So that is my premium ship regret.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,604 posts
4,928 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, Airglide2 said:

Atlanta.  Up until Yuro posted his first Youtube video about her.  The first and only high-ish tier USN ship for a long while......and it came with 11km range.  Fragile, crappy ranged torps, slow, I mean I was red-faced furious I spent $45 (first purchase too) and could only think of WOT’s shady business deals.  Yeah it was ugly, almost quite the game too, believe it or not.

Interesting.   Atlanta is a bit unique, she's actually more like a big DD than a cruiser and thats how she should be played, get into aggressive positions where you can punish from behind and island and wreck face.    Just had a 80k 4 kill game with her last night in fact.    I don't even use AFT for the extra range, 11km is fine with me.   With IFHE she just rained death on any BB that attempts to get aggressive.