You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Biggest premium ship regret!

94 comments in this topic

[USCC]
Members
2,756 posts
12,023 battles
47 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • Purchased = Roma. It is horrible and was expensive. Made even worse because I got that butt ugly, and also very expensive, Kobayashi camo too for the credit earning potential. I played it a lot at 1st trying to "git gud" with it but the ship just doesn't work at least for me. Guns are just too bad. Just a port queen now. Best thing about Roma is I will get some steel out of it for the snowflake thing.
  • Free Resources = Kronshtadt. It's another Roma. Guns are just so bad. Played it and tried but it's too frustrating. It sits and rusts in port now too. At least, like Roma, it will bring me some snowflake steel.

I'm with you AT, The Roma is a heap, and sits in port looking stupid with the beer can aloft lol 

But as you say, looking forward to the snowflake steel!

[PVE]
Members
11,287 posts
21,770 battles
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

I'm with you AT, The Roma is a heap, and sits in port looking stupid with the beer can aloft lol 

But as you say, looking forward to the snowflake steel!

Unfortunately, to get that steel we have to play Roma and god forbid we lose and have to play again...:Smile_hiding:

[FOG]
Members
840 posts
7,859 battles

My two are the Prinz Eugen and the Yubari, just could not maximize the potential from either. I agree with the Molotov comments too. It has such great guns but it is so wearing that knowing at any moment from any where you can and will be insta-deleted.....

[PVE]
Members
991 posts
8,100 battles

For me its a tie between Alabama and Molotov. Both are good ships that I enjoy but I never play them.

After getting Alabama I got Missouri and with T8 MM being what it is, I'd rather face T10s in Missouri than Alabama.

For Molotov, I also bought De Grasse and she is simply a more comfortable ship and is more fun so I play it much more often.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,159 battles

For me it's the French DD Aigle, I just can't wrap my head around it's play style.

It's not quite a DD and not really a cruiser.

Just a port queen now.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,342 posts
12,767 battles
12 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

For me it's the French DD Aigle, I just can't wrap my head around it's play style.

It's not quite a DD and not really a cruiser.

Just a port queen now.

I feel your pain. I keep mine around for occasional forays into co-op and I'm glad I didn't pay money for it (I missed the marathon to win her and ended up getting her with coal).

She will probably come in handy for some marathon event to celebrate the release of French destroyers eventually; they'll almost certainly have some p*ss-easy task available to French destroyers of T5 and up.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,722 posts
12,789 battles

I was feeling pretty depressed the last few days. So I played some T2 and T3 ships.. Noticed -- Variag.. ZERO ship XP on it. Never took it out. It was one of those 'easy' mission things. So I co-op'd it.. Hokey smokes - this thing is NICE. I'm hitting top of my team with 3 kills. But my most regretted purchase has to be the Alabama. Sad to say, I already have the Mi$$ouri, so why bother with a lesser ship to train captains -- especially if I'm getting sucked into T10 battles all the time.

[NFFS]
Members
170 posts
6,534 battles

I have only 'bought' two - Molotov and Scharnhorst.  The rest were either 'earned/free' or 'crate ships'.  The Molotov is the one regret.  I thought, "T9 guns in a T7, what can go wrong?"  Nope.  The guns are only OK.  But, as many have pointed out, the armour is NOT the usual Stalinium.  Methinks somebody in the port made off with the proper Stalinium and substituted whatever cheap steel they could get on the black market.  They are now sitting in their dacha sipping imported wine I am sure.

Have a good day!

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles
1 hour ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Saipan.  I regretted buying it and selling it.    I got it after Kaga and gameplay-wise it felt redundant for what I needed to do at the time.      I later sold it to get credits (!). 

The thing is, I'm not sure I'd actually get another one if made available again. And, to think I claim to be a real-life CV fan...  What a waste.

Just pointing out...you do know you can use an exemption/exception/whichever it is and get it back for the credits you sold it for?

[GWG]
Members
6,722 posts
12,789 battles

Didn't see anyone mentioning the Sims. If the operation 'Dynamo' never happened, I'd imagine it would be pretty high on this list. Now it's the all-star Schnellbot stomper.

[DEP]
Members
245 posts
18,285 battles

buying 3 carriers (that i dont play much) that were on sale instead of using the doubloons i had won to fxp the  missouri when it was still in game...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

I have a bunch of premiums I don’t play because I got them for free here or there.  Mostly DDs and CLs.

So I’ll only talk about ones I bought.

Mutsu - at first.   Recently I have her another shot and tried some different things.  I discovered that she’s still not amazing, but can be quite fun when played in the right way.   Plus all the torp kills I’ve gotten with her on DDs are hilarious.  Unfortunately I have only so much time, and West Virginia night have put Mutsu back into mothballs.

Kronstadt - Just really disappointed with this ship.

Musashi - She’s not a bad ship, and I’m glad they added an original design Yamato class to the game.  She’s just boring as hell to play.   I love playing against her, more than playing in her.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
642 posts
5,974 battles
24 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Just pointing out...you do know you can use an exemption/exception/whichever it is and get it back for the credits you sold it for?

The thing is I have no problems with the ships that I used the credits on.  I got an Izumo which I later traded in to get a Yamato.  Both have/are serving me very well.  In fact, I'm thinking of getting another Izumo just to keep in-port.  Its just that the way I went about the whole business just feels so yucky in retrospect.  I was never really familiar with this particular real-life CV, and then I go and buy and sell the in-game version without knowing its history.

Well, let's just say I have more regrets about this premium than any other and just leave it at that.

Members
161 posts
9,911 battles

Scharnhorst - She's a popular ship and I loved the Gneisenau. I bought it for T7 OPs like Narai, but I can't make this ship work at all in random battles. Her guns go all over the place with that German dispersion.

[GGWP]
Privateers
332 posts
7,131 battles

I have it exclusively for earning almost 13k dubs if I need them and have a competition or something, can’t play her for some reason

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
6 minutes ago, Der_Eigenvektor said:

Scharnhorst - She's a popular ship and I loved the Gneisenau. I bought it for T7 OPs like Narai, but I can't make this ship work at all in random battles. Her guns go all over the place with that German dispersion.

Wow. I regret not getting scharnhorst SOONER. Plowing into an enemy flank getting 9 torp hits, citbliterating a cl, and secondary killing a dd before sinking is just plain fun.

I do regret ever buying premiums below t7... save perhaps okhotnik... because lolworthy alpha and torps.

• Cool 1

Members
436 posts
202 battles
6 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

For me I can find a least some enjoyment in just about any ship I buy but there is one giant exception, The KII. I can't hit anything with those guns and whenever I play it I never see a CV so it's chief gimmick is useless. I have also yet to land a single torp with it probably because of the horrid firing arcs unlike the tirpitz. Honorable mention would be the DOY. Can\t win with that ship to save my life!

My biggest regret. That's easy all my tier 8's. 

The End

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,989 posts
4,484 battles

None here yet... Been happy with all my purchases even the molotov and Sims 

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Marblehead; so a Omaha with nerfed range, non existent AA at t5, and the same concealment as the Omaha. What do you get for all these trade offs you ask? 8k weak torps that you cant stealth launch without begging for cits awesome right?

Mutsu; nothing like a ship whose gunners are the ancestors of the a****** family from spaceballs. And even when you do not it is either a overpen or a shatter. All this win for torps that reload fast but have firing angles and range that beg for citidals.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,087 posts
5,771 battles

Cannot make Musashi work at all.   Wished I would have opted for Salem.   I think its probably the tier and not the ship.   Tiers 9/10 feel like  mystery to me now even after alpha & beta  testing  a ton of top tiers.    To me after Tier 7 the game completely changes to something else now. ( 8s get drug into games most of them have no business in)   Wished I could just make myself happy playing lower tiers, but alas i am a grinder and cannot help myself.   

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
7 hours ago, thebigblue said:

Texas is boring as heck unless the other team has a dumb cv driver.

Won Krazy Kreme about 19 times. Cost me Santa crates last year. Awful boat.

Spent time on Mikasa. Holy heck what a turd. 

It is fun to do a three man division drop with Mikasa's in COOP. With a 19 point captain, getting in close and watching the secondaries go to work is fun. In Randoms.....worthless.

[DIEBL]
Members
605 posts
7,510 battles

Have probably around 50 premiums and there isn’t even one I regret.  Marblehead isn’t worth much now, but back in the day it was the swiss army knife of the game.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

None for me. I always do some extensive research before getting a premium ship, so i'm always aware of what im buying. Had some ships like DoY and Aigle that i wouldnt buy, but since i got them for free im not complaining either.