You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Biggest premium ship regret!

94 comments in this topic

Members
341 posts
7,093 battles

For me I can find a least some enjoyment in just about any ship I buy but there is one giant exception, The KII. I can't hit anything with those guns and whenever I play it I never see a CV so it's chief gimmick is useless. I have also yet to land a single torp with it probably because of the horrid firing arcs unlike the tirpitz. Honorable mention would be the DOY. Can\t win with that ship to save my life!

[2CUTE]
Members
201 posts
2,496 battles

Aigle. 

I might trigger some die hard fans, but I could never wrap my head around the slow turret traverse, bad shell arcs, and poor concealment. I'm fine with playing a destroyer that is oversized, but if I can't hit anything past 7km because I have to give excessive lead, then I cannot perform. Some people would definitely disagree though. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
3,921 posts
14,969 battles

Texas. This was back when I was clueless as to my play style. To this date, is my least played premium ship of when I made my first premium purchase.

Edited by Navalpride33

[TF-62]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,506 posts
4,173 battles

Roma. My stats say I'm doing okay in her and hitting things but really most of my matches I spend being frustrated at my guns

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
2,239 posts

Texas is boring as heck unless the other team has a dumb cv driver.

Won Krazy Kreme about 19 times. Cost me Santa crates last year. Awful boat.

Spent time on Mikasa. Holy heck what a turd. 

Members
100 posts
3,309 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Texas. This was back when I was clueless as o my play style. To this date, is my least played premium ship of when I made my first premium purchase.

My first premium was the Texas as well.  I feel like I've outgrown it.  Tier 7 and 8 are where the fun is at for me now.  Tier 9 and 10 are tastes I haven't yet acquired.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles

My biggest regret is buying the premium carriers (cept the Graf Zep) but luckily that is going to be rectified soon. After that, the Aigle.

• Boring 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Molotov. She has a citadel from keel to deck stem to stern covered with flattened beer cans for armor and has the maneuverability of a garbage truck with flat tires. Her excellent guns are worthless when the bote that they're mounted on is easily deleted.

I got Kii and Roma in Christmas crates and their horrid gun accuracy makes Tirpitz look like she's armed with sniper rifles.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[VW]
Members
2,527 posts
14,518 battles
58 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Won Krazy Kreme about 19 times. Cost me Santa crates last year. Awful boat.

Hope you dont keep selling it, you get dubloons for duplicates

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,442 posts
5,491 battles

Ishizuchi. I bought it when it first came out, and had concealment worse than the firing range. Being shot to bits without being able to respond soured my relationship with this ship forever, and now it's a port queen.

Mikasa. Got it via an event so thankfully no money spent. It is as awful as WG warned us it was. Mikasa has nothing going for it except a meme secondary build, but I was often killed by stealth DDs before I ever got into range.

Texas. Gained from a santa crate a year or two ago. It's just too damned slow and inflexible.in the few matches I used Texas, my flank just collapsed before I could go to help, or the other flank collapsed and I couldn't respond.

Monaghan. Gained from 2018 santa crate (after 40 friggin tries). I'm having difficulty making the torp boat gimmick hull work. The torps are too slow, the reload is too slow, and TRB recharges the torps too slow.

Marblehead. Gained from a Santa crate a year or two ago. It has sat unused in my port. I did not enjoy playing the Omaha, and since Marblehead's less than stellar reputation preceded her, I never bothered ever using her.

Graf Spee. Bought it when it first came out, and I stress that this isn't a bad ship. However not too long after it was released, WG announced the HSF fleet collaboration and sold the HSF Graf Spee. HSF Graf is the one I use out of the two, for the cooler HSF camo with better bonuses. Normal Graf has been unused for a long time.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BNKR]
Members
75 posts
2,713 battles

All of them :P I keep looking at them in port going why on earth did I buy that many damn premiums, and then turn right around and buy a couple of more haha. Honestly for me it has almost become any battleship, just don't find them all that fun right now. 

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles

+That I bought?  None of them.  I am very particular on what I spend my money on and do a ton of research before buying.  

That I own?   Oh Mikasa,  how I want you to be fun.  I just can't win in that ship.  Or even do particularly well.  I am very up front about being a potato and that ship is the one I potate the most in.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,674 posts
4,470 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Graf Spee. Bought it when it first came out, and I stress that this isn't a bad ship. However not too long after it was released, WG announced the HSF fleet collaboration and sold the HSF Graf Spee. HSF Graf is the one I use out of the two, for the cooler HSF camo with better bonuses. Normal Graf has been unused for a long time.

I specced my regular Graf Spee for something different than my HSF one; namely AA-focused.

Of course, it just means changing ONE upgrade module to something else (ASM1 to AAM1)... and putting an AA based captain on the helm... and call it a day, lol. Oh, and of course... DFAA instead of the Hydro. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
376 posts
5 battles

Murmansk. Thing was great back when tier 5 could face 3s but now it's... it's just no. 

Edit: yes, I get it, unpopular opinion, I don't see downvotes on the dude two posts up saying no to the sims despite that being acclaimed as an effective ship, back off you freaks. 

Edited by TheNargacuga
Morons downvoting due to an opinion despite hypocrasy.
  • Boring 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
414 posts
3,461 battles

Saipan.  I regretted buying it and selling it.    I got it after Kaga and gameplay-wise it felt redundant for what I needed to do at the time.      I later sold it to get credits (!). 

The thing is, I'm not sure I'd actually get another one if made available again. And, to think I claim to be a real-life CV fan...  What a waste.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,448 posts
14,986 battles
  • Purchased = Roma. It is horrible and was expensive. Made even worse because I got that butt ugly, and also very expensive, Kobayashi camo too for the credit earning potential. I played it a lot at 1st trying to "git gud" with it but the ship just doesn't work at least for me. Guns are just too bad. Just a port queen now. Best thing about Roma is I will get some steel out of it for the snowflake thing.
  • Free Resources = Kronshtadt. It's another Roma. Guns are just so bad. Played it and tried but it's too frustrating. It sits and rusts in port now too. At least, like Roma, it will bring me some snowflake steel.
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Molotov. She has a citadel from keel to deck stem to stern covered with flattened beer cans for armor and has the maneuverability of a garbage truck with flat tires. Her excellent guns are worthless when the bote that they're mounted on is easily deleted.

I got Kii and Roma in Christmas crates and their horrid gun accuracy makes Tirpitz look like she's armed with sniper rifles.

Molotov-Same! I understand the strength and weakness thing but it really does collapse when another ship looks at it. A true glass cannon that has probably stepped a little too far each way (too powerful to fragile).

[O_O]
Members
5,107 posts
11,451 battles

I have 60 premium ships (soon to be 61 when Dreadnought is added in two days), and I have paid for 18 of them.  Well, some of those were bought with doubloons that I got from various ways.  Even if I bought them with free doubloons, I did still technically buy them.

I have no regret for any ship I got for free, because even if I don't ever play them...FREE.

So, I'll limit this to ships I have paid for.

1. Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya - she isn't a bad ship.  But, I could have won this ship for free.  I paid for her because of the lure of earning lots of additional Crimson Crates that might pay out large amounts of doubloons.  They didn't.  I should have just taken her as a reward ship.
  2. Konig Albert - she may be strong for her tier.  Problem is, Tier 3 is her tier.  Battleships at that tier suck sweaty ones, even the borderline OP ones.
Edited by desmo_2

[4HIM]
Members
2,304 posts
6,924 battles

Dunkerque.  For some reason I just cannot make that thing work no matter what.  Guns are good when they hit.  But to me it seems like the reload takes an eternity (yes, I know there are BB's with worse reloads, but this one just feels like it's an endless wait).  And for a BB it's somewhat squishy.  Other than times when I play it in Killer Whale (and I don't take it there much) it just rusts in port.  In randoms I think I have a 0% survival rate in this dog.  It kind of makes me leery of BB's with all forward turrets.  But I know it's not a horrid ship.  It's just that I can't seem to make it work.