You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bullpies322

Missouri frustration

10 comments in this topic

[NAT0]
Members
37 posts
4,089 battles

I am getting very frustrated playing the Missouri.  I never seem to be able to do very much damage.  I can do great in my Massachusetts, but when it comes to my Missouri it seems so pitiful.  Either the shells miss or they fail to do damage.  The Massachusetts is supposed to have worse dispersion but this doesn't seem to be the case.  I know this ship has a lot of potential, but how do you get it to perform?

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles

You need to hit broadside targets otherwise the shells bounce. You need to be mid range, not sniping from max. Shoot dds, that gives more xp

[DENY]
Members
657 posts
6,956 battles

I dev striked a Missouri last night in my mass for 63k hp,

I have a clanmate that like you cant hit anything good in that ship 

[TBW]
Members
7,435 posts
13,600 battles
1 hour ago, Bullpies322 said:

I am getting very frustrated playing the Missouri.  I never seem to be able to do very much damage.  I can do great in my Massachusetts, but when it comes to my Missouri it seems so pitiful.  Either the shells miss or they fail to do damage.  The Massachusetts is supposed to have worse dispersion but this doesn't seem to be the case.  I know this ship has a lot of potential, but how do you get it to perform?

Don't go out of your way to use the radar, save it for when YOU need it. It draws you in to use it for the team, but then you are usually out of position. Be patient and stay alive.

[KAPPA]
Members
714 posts
5,649 battles

I find that the boosted expert loader really helps her. Need to kill a DD? 7.5s to swap in HE, then you pop radar and soon have a very hurt DD.

[STP]
Members
329 posts
9,853 battles
12 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Use the accuracy module in slot 6 see if that helps?

I already use Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 in my Missouri and I'm also having this problem with it, I do not know if the RNG does not like my Mo anymore or if they have stealthily altered their accuracy...

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles

IIRC there there is a ballistics difference between the guns on the NC/Mass/Bama and the guns on the Iowa/Mo.    I think the velocity is higher on the Iowa/Mo guns so your travel time and point of aim is going to be a little bit different... not much but just enough to effect what the shells do when they get there.    For me switching from the Montana to the Iowa/No is easier then switching from the Montana to the NC/etc. 

[TOY]
Members
65 posts
3,519 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 6:00 PM, ReddWolfz said:

IIRC there there is a ballistics difference between the guns on the NC/Mass/Bama and the guns on the Iowa/Mo.    I think the velocity is higher on the Iowa/Mo guns so your travel time and point of aim is going to be a little bit different... not much but just enough to effect what the shells do when they get there.    For me switching from the Montana to the Iowa/No is easier then switching from the Montana to the NC/etc. 

you are correct..the NC, Mas,Bama use 16/45 low velocity guns..the Iowa , MO , Monty use 16/50 high velocity guns..the NC and Mas have a much higher arc ..the shells hang in the air more, you aim higher up on the side of the ship the shells are coming down at a sharper angle..the 16/50 guns fire flatter, you aim at the water line on the enemy and the shells are coming down at a much shallower angle  

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

I have APRM2 fitted on both Missouri and Iowa and I will take Tier IX USN BB precision, power any day over any of the Tier VIII USN BBs.  Without any doubt.  They are also more proficient at range.

Where you aim at ships with the 16"/50s are similar to the 16"/45s.  The difference is you got more power in your AP.  Especially as the range increases.

fI5dbOH.jpg

Sigma, Accuracy between the 16"/50's of Tier IX USN BBs and the 16"/45's of the Tier VIII USN BBs.

HUt08HX.png

Add in the APRM2, a Slot 6 upgrade that buffs dispersion by 11%.  ASM1 that all other ship lines access is 7%, only Tier IX-X USN BBs access APRM2.  USN BBs below Tier IX have zero means on improving their main battery dispersion, they are all S.O.L.  This is what the Tier IX USN BB 16"/50 dispersion is like with APRM2 fitted.

lU9kuO8.jpg

261m dispersion at 23.4km.  And as you can see in one of the earlier pictures, 1.90 Sigma.

Your AP also is higher velocity at 762m/s compared to the very floaty 701m/s of the Tier VIII USN BBs.

The 16"/50 gunnery is why, I, as a Cruiser Main player, hate taking shots from the Tier IX-X USN BBs.  Range away from Iowa-class isn't even a safety buffer if the Iowa-class player knows how to aim.  Only Montana and the Yamato-class scares me more at range when I play my Cruisers.

kasag mentioned the gun behavior differences in the 16"/45 and /50 guns.  It's very different and you'll have to cut down the amount of lead you do with the /50 guns because of their shell trajectory and velocity.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway