Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gnomestroy

New player here - Should I use my coupons, and what should I spend them on?

9 comments in this topic

[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles

So the coupons are expiring tomorrow, and I currently have only 22,000 coal. When will I get new coupons? I don't have enough coal to use up all of them before the coupons expire, so should I prioritize signals& camos, or upgrades, or ships?

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,555 battles

If you are talking about the Arsenal Coupons, they won't expire they will just renew tomorrow. Don't stress over it

• Cool 1

Members
1,797 posts
9,325 battles

Ships, particularly T5 or greater ships.

Alot of WoWs events/missions require T5 or higher ships to complete the objectives. 

Also dont panic as panic says, the coupons just renew. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,505 posts
11,584 battles

save'em! there's no rush and most rewards are there to stay. unless WG says otherwise and then they'll let us know in an announcement!:fish_book: 

[A_51]
Members
795 posts
17,809 battles
3 hours ago, Panic512 said:

If you are talking about the Arsenal Coupons, they won't expire they will just renew tomorrow. Don't stress over it

Well, yes and no.  The current coupon will expire and will be replaced with a new coupon with a new expiration date.  So if you use the current coupon today, (or by the 24th for ship coupons), you will in effect have two coupons, the one you used and the new one.    Otherwise, you will only have the new coupon.

[PROJX]
Members
1,009 posts
18,286 battles
3 hours ago, Gnomestroy said:

So the coupons are expiring tomorrow, and I currently have only 22,000 coal. When will I get new coupons? I don't have enough coal to use up all of them before the coupons expire, so should I prioritize signals& camos, or upgrades, or ships?

FYI, your discount coupon for ships renews every 6 months (i.e. you’ll be able to get a 25% discount on a Arsenal Ship every 6 months).  The other coupons renew monthly - there’s no hurry in using the coupons unless your coal/steel totals aren’t near something you want to buy.  Coupons don’t accumulate (i.e. you can’t save multiple 25% ship discount coupons or stack them), but they renew regularly.

The 2 decisions wrt your coupons are 1) if a ship is being removed from the Arsenal (e.g. Musashi going away in 8.0) & you want to get it before it leaves 2) or if you get near a threshold of something you want to purchase & want to “use it before you lose it” since the coupon will renew in a few days.

Edited by hangglide42

[WOLF5]
Members
682 posts
23,879 battles

As others have said the -25% ship coupon renews every 6 updates (so figure 6 months or so). The signals/camo/upgrades renew every patch.

That being said, use the ship coupon when you want, just know that you will roughly get one on the 0.x.6 and 0.x.12 updates; signals/camo depend of if  you need them or if you have enough from containers and playing the game.

The one that I would encourage you to spend is the upgrades one. It gives you -25% off the special upgrades, ie extended duration ones. Radar (T9+), hydro (T6+) and engine boost(T6+) are very useful. The defensive fire one(T8+) may become more useful once the new CV rework hits. This is the only way you can get these upgrades since they were removed from supercontainers. The ones I mentioned all go in Slot 2 so plan accordingly. 

Sign in to follow this