You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ACUSuave

WOWS Unofficial League: Proving Seas

6 comments in this topic

[F-BRD]
[F-BRD]
Members
3 posts
952 battles

Hey guys,

So I was a participant of ShipStorm over this past weekend and I really loved it overall. Thanks to Trident (u/4TRIDENT4 on reddit) and Duke (u/Celdron on reddit) for managing it and all the hard work they put into it! As well as all the refs, casters and other people who were part of making it happen.

I’ve had the idea of creating a World of Warships League where normal players could prove themselves as competitive players for quite some time. I just feel that having competitive matches against other teams to look forward to and to strive to be better at brings a whole new dynamic to WOWS. I’ve played thousands of hours of CSGO over the years and I constantly come back to it because of the competitiveness of the game in competitive matches.

Now before you say “well this is just clan battles”, you’re not entirely wrong and that’s something I wrestled with before posting this. The way that it differs is that you’ll have much more time to schedule your matches with your team ahead of the actual battle date. You’ll also have an interactive leaderboard of teams to interface with that will tell you things like; your position in the league, how many wins and losses you have, what teams you will be facing in the future and many more features. Also the battles will be 5 on 5 and have more specific ship restrictions than ranked or clan battles (like having a single DD in a match, although this will be voted on by the players and not a strict condition until fully decided).

Because of all of this we are looking for individuals who are willing to help us make this a reality. We’re in need of schedulers, casters (who will not only cast but stream the game in high quality and spectate properly), referees and moderators. There’s lots to do and we aim to have this league up and running by the end of January (potentially sooner). If you’re interested in helping in any capacity please don’t hesitate to PM me or join the [discord](https://discord.gg/3SPpDS3) and message me there (ZipperKopf#5555 on discord)

The name we’ve chosen to represent the league is: Proving Seas. We chose this name because it will be a proving “sea” (as opposed to the common saying “proving grounds”) where players who are exceptional competitive players will be able to showcase their skill.

I will be making posts in the weeks leading up to the release of Proving Seas that will show how the seasons and championships will work. As of right now we are still in the process of deciding everything and that’s why we’ll need some help!

A note for captains who are interested in joining this league already: Wow! Only a couple of paragraphs written of this league and you’re already interested and want to get your team registered? Well as of right now we don’t have everything setup so that you can register your team properly yet. That being said you can still join the [discord](https://discord.gg/3SPpDS3) to be notified of when you can sign up.

7PMn3Vn.png - League Logo

Edited by ACUSuave
Added image
  • Cool 1

[F-BRD]
[F-BRD]
Members
3 posts
952 battles
38 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

format ? rules ect?

We haven't fully fleshed it out yet that's why I'm asking for people to come on to the team to help us finish up all the admin work and such. There will be an updated post when that's all figured out.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,106 posts
4,527 battles
52 minutes ago, ACUSuave said:

We haven't fully fleshed it out yet that's why I'm asking for people to come on to the team to help us finish up all the admin work and such. There will be an updated post when that's all figured out.

I have the hardware to stream it. But I'm not going to sit there watching other people play if the format isn't fun.

@Kaga_Kai_Ni is this maybe something you would be interested in?

[DAKI]
Privateers, Supertester
825 posts
4,644 battles

I could see this having some potential but it depends on how it's managed, otherwise what's the difference to Kings of the Sea (and their WarGames sub-branch) and the now-defunct Supremacy Leauge?

I cast for the final set of WarGames however have more experience playing in competitive. It would really depend on the setup, how well it's organized (delays can really put people off), the rewards to investment ratio and finally, who get involved.

Having top teams enter is both a blessing and a curse. Once a top team enters, other teams tend to want to compete with them too. However, they tend to scare away other teams. Less competitive teams, tend to want better rewards and more spread out, so they have more chance to earn something for their time.

These are all things you will have to consider.