You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ExploratorOne

PSA: Replays and Updates (again)

17 comments in this topic

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles

Make sure to move replays BEFORE running the client after the Patch.  You should also increase your Replay save amount BEFORE running the client either through Mxstat (run it before loading starting the WOWS client), or use these instructions:

(@iDuckman :cap_like:)

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

Oh lawdie lawdie!  Do what he say!  Do what he say!

[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

Might want to copy your logs, too.  Not sure what all mxstat mines, but they could be useful.

[WOLF5]
Members
691 posts
24,140 battles

Confirmed. Edit the engine_config.xml file in the res folder since the update sets it back to 30.

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles

Don’t forget to update your replay count BEFORE starting the client (loading the game).  The Update will reset it back to 30.  Instructions are in the video above or you can run Mxstat and use it to change the setting.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,369 posts
6,766 battles

The only reason I keep replays is to send them to @Lord_Zath for him to berate me for my seal-potato-ness. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_child: Given that they all became absolutely obsolete for that purpose this morning, I have no problem with the game deleting them. If I think a replay warrants his attention, I usually copy it to a separate folder immediately after the battle anyway.

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
55 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

Mods are cheats, Yo.

Mxstat is not a mod.  It is a statistical program that reads your log files and analyzes your replays (to get info such as the damage you do) to place your battle data in a spreadsheet.  Does not run in the client at all.  It makes it easier to track your own performance.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,182 posts
16,758 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The only reason I keep replays is to send them to @Lord_Zath for him to berate me for my seal-potato-ness. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_child: Given that they all became absolutely obsolete for that purpose this morning, I have no problem with the game deleting them. If I think a replay warrants his attention, I usually copy it to a separate folder immediately after the battle anyway.

o/

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles

Remember to reset the number of replays saved BEFORE RUNNING THE CLIENT because the Update reverted it back to 30.

Instructions in video posted above or run Mxstat

[WOLF9]
Members
8,830 posts
4,180 battles

Yep, they did it AGAIN. 

Honestly, I don't know why this parameter is in engine_config at all.  They could have placed it in preferences where the updater would leave it alone.  It's like they are bound and determined to clean out replay despite player intent.

The Steam client has a slightly different file arrangement.  Interestingly, even though every update creates a new client folder with a new engine_config, the player setting is carried over from the previous and not reset to 30.  I wonder why the clients act differently?

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles

I hope everyone that wants to save a lot of replays updated their max replays saved or copied their replays to another folder before loading the game :cap_like:

[XBRTC]
Members
2,724 posts
8,695 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Yep, they did it AGAIN. 

Honestly, I don't know why this parameter is in engine_config at all.  They could have placed it in preferences where the updater would leave it alone.  It's like they are bound and determined to clean out replay despite player intent.

The Steam client has a slightly different file arrangement.  Interestingly, even though every update creates a new client folder with a new engine_config, the player setting is carried over from the previous and not reset to 30.  I wonder why the clients act differently?

No idea why the Steam client behaves differently, but with the regular game.... I almost wonder if they don't want people like us to actually track the stats of certain things like MM or containers over time?

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
30 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Do they bundle mxstat with the mythical WG modpack?

I don't thinkl say.  Aslain's can install it, though.  I got it from mxstat himself/herself the first time.