You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Well well well... Dispersion bug

13 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,377 posts
7,635 battles

You know what's funny about this? This bug combined with regular bad gun RNG, is probably what caused multiple threads about dispersion being terrible. If someone is having a bad night, then this bug happens occasionally as their playing, they're gunna be like "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!" I've only seen a very few number of people actually mention this bug over the last...6 months? WGing probably had trouble figuring out why it was happening and kept it on the downlow. I bet any money if someone would've made a thread about it yesterday, they'd be called a conspiracy theorist.

image.png.adb1583063aedbd9fc7479cc3a9b8976.png

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
42 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

You know what's funny about this? This bug combined with regular bad gun RNG, is probably what caused multiple threads about dispersion being terrible. If someone is having a bad night, then this bug happens occasionally as their playing, they're gunna be like "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!" I've only seen a very few number of people actually mention this bug over the last...6 months? WGing probably had trouble figuring out why it was happening and kept it on the downlow. I bet any money if someone would've made a thread about it yesterday, they'd be called a conspiracy theorist.

image.png.adb1583063aedbd9fc7479cc3a9b8976.png

Rare my %^&. I've run into that issue pretty close to every match I've played for the past two months. Usually multiple times a match. 

Lock on a target, aim, fire, every shell long or short by a large margin and dispersion rivaling a grenade. I've taken shots where I'm not certain every shell landed on the same map.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SQUAD]
Members
8,015 posts
8,371 battles

We've known about the bug for quite some time. Thankfully, it isn't a constant thing. Unfortunately, that made it difficult to duplicate, and to fix.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles

The fun part is when the fix goes Live, there will still be plenty of near-daily threads about "WG Nurfed Mah Accuracy!" afterwards.  Mark my words :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,377 posts
7,635 battles
25 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

We've known about the bug for quite some time. Thankfully, it isn't a constant thing. Unfortunately, that made it difficult to duplicate, and to fix.

I've read all those threads about bad RNG and only saw it mentioned in passing once, no one responded to that guys message. There could be some weird circumstance that causes it to happen frequently for a specific person, you never know.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,106 posts
4,527 battles
25 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The fun part is when the fix goes Live, there will still be plenty of near-daily threads about "WG Nurfed Mah Accuracy!" afterwards.  Mark my words :Smile_popcorn:

ill see you in an hour or so nostradamus

[BS]
Members
1,377 posts
7,635 battles
1 hour ago, Hanger_18 said:

ill see you in an hour or so nostradamus

Nostrildingus

[TOY]
Members
65 posts
3,505 battles

yeah i have noticed this lately..lock onto a target ..fire ..and my shells spray out like im throwing a hand full of rocks 

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
8,156 battles

"rare bug"? It happened at least once every battle for me. 

[KEGEL]
Members
158 posts
7,145 battles

Firing at range I figured just had a bad RnG roll. In knife fights with Cruisers & DDs known to have tight groupings...rare bug my ar$e.

Edited by SlightlyComatose
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,497 posts
7,240 battles

I was one of the more unlucky ones as this bug bit me for 3 consecutive weeks. Yes, conspiracy theory and repeated "nothing has changed" was normal replies to my posts. I was thinking something unintended happen when the BB AP change took place but it appears my bad luck beginning and the change happening at the same time was a coincidence.  I'm glad WG was able to find & correct the issue.

Members
1,019 posts
6,053 battles

That explains the sometimes absurdly wonky accuracy on my legendary module Yamato... at 10km.

Edited by reaper_swpz