You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ij70

Torps for Fubuki.

7 comments in this topic

[CLARE]
Members
323 posts

wows wiki says: Upgraded torpedoes are slow and have a large detection radius, making them easier to avoid.

The large detection radius... what is it due?  Is that due to them being slow?  Is it due to some other factor that is built into the game and can not be modified by the player (like sigma for guns)?

[OKM]
Members
287 posts
2,456 battles

IJN DD were too hurtfull for BB before, so they put the biggest detection radius on them. Now they are not anymore the best torpedo boat out there.

[5D5]
Members
2,692 posts
16,131 battles

Torpedo detection range is a fixed stat that can't be changed. With that said the upgraded torp range is significantly better than the original torpedoes even with the slower speed and higher detection.

[CUTER]
Members
2,457 posts
11,320 battles
19 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

IJN DD were too hurtfull for BB before, so they put the biggest detection radius on them. Now they are not anymore the best torpedo boat out there.

It was actually too punishing on CA and DDs per WG.

I disagree on them not being the best torp line.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
3,374 posts
14,753 battles

IMO after tier 6, the IJN DD line is no longer the king of torps.... I am still looking for the upper tier Torp DD that is like the IJN DDs in the mid tiers. So far I am conflicted, I am leaning towards the American DDs Gearing and Flecher. So far, I am still looking one that fits my play style.