Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

A couple of questions

7 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
449 posts
5,080 battles

1. I have enough coal to buy a ship with the coupon so help me decide between the Salem, Jean Bart and Musashi

2. I now have an American BB captain with 14 points. I went with range on AA/secondaries for my first tier 4 skill. Now that I have 4 unused points, what should I go for?

Thanks

[LOU1]
Members
3,560 posts
9,429 battles

I really like the Salem, my first big coal purchase I have all of the lower cost ships).  Just got the Musashi a couple of weeks ago for Free XP, since it is leaving.  Not being a BB main, it is just a run around ship I take out on occasion.  I will be picking up Jean Bart when the coupon renews.  Even though I have the Des Moines, I do not regret the Salem at all.  Makes money even in PvE.  With the monster heal and a bit more frontal armor in the bulkhead. it is nice to be able to drive.

A big point is that Musashi is leaving in a month.  Can you earn enough Free XP for her in that time?  Are you saving Free XP for the next Free XP ship?  Salem and Jean Bart will be around for a while for coal, but Musashi has around 30 days left before she joins Missouri...

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
1,805 posts
9,388 battles
29 minutes ago, epojokke said:

1. I have enough coal to buy a ship with the coupon so help me decide between the Salem, Jean Bart and Musashi

2. I now have an American BB captain with 14 points. I went with range on AA/secondaries for my first tier 4 skill. Now that I have 4 unused points, what should I go for?

Thanks

1. Musashi, just on the basis I would consider it the most user friendly (minus lack of AA). Bow on and just overmatch stuff. Second consideration, Musashi is guaranteed leaving the shop in a month or so.

2. Concelment expert. The US BBs have great concealment values and this can be used to get into closer range for more reliable blapping. 

[DAS]
Members
449 posts
5,080 battles
52 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

A big point is that Musashi is leaving in a month.  Can you earn enough Free XP for her in that time?  Are you saving Free XP for the next Free XP ship?  Salem and Jean Bart will be around for a while for coal, but Musashi has around 30 days left before she joins Missouri...

I only have about 350K free XP, since I got the Missouri before it went away.

[LOU1]
Members
3,560 posts
9,429 battles

IF you value having Musashi, then I think your decision is made.  For my part, I sort of do not like IJN BBs and stopped at Fuso (also have all of the ARP ships), but really enjoy driving the Yamato in every PTS (love the sound of her guns).  So, I would probably not ever have Yamato if I hadn't gotten Musashi.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles

1) The biggest advantage of the Salem is that you can take it into clan battles and rack up insane captain xp.  You can easily take a captain to 19 points in a single season if you play frequently, especially if you have a supply of premium flags and camo. The DM/Salem are beasts in clan battles.  And the Salem is good to train both the US CAs and CLs. It actually is a pretty decent trainer for US BBs as well.  

I got the Musahsi bc my DM and Worcester captains are already at 19 points. As a cruiser main I find BB play a bit boring, but the Musahi is actually pretty fun. I just got it and broke my all-time random damage total the first time I took it out. It generates a lot of credits, one reason being it's hard to *not* break 100k damage in a match if you can hit the broadside of a barn.  A couple good salvos rack up a lot of damage. The biggest downside of the Musashi is its anemic AA, and games will probably be infested with CVs when the rework hits. Musahsis will be primary targets.  

2) I would have taken CE first and Fire Prevention second. You're on fire a lot more than you're threatened by aircraft. You'll get another free respec when CB season ends.  I'd do CE/FP. I'd skip the 3rd 4-point skill and get Basics of Survivability. With damage control mod 2, the fire reduction flag, and BoS, you're fire duration gets cut almost in half from 60 to 34 seconds. 

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
2 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

2. Concelment expert. The US BBs have great concealment values and this can be used to get into closer range for more reliable blapping. 

I concur. With CE you oftentimes can fire at an enemy BB and then go stealthy before he can lock on and fire back. CE also helps you remain undetected long enough to get close and maneuver into the best position.

Sign in to follow this