Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GB_Ghostryder

Question on flag loss in a surviving ship

10 comments in this topic

[CGB]
Members
7 posts
5,183 battles

I don't post often, but I have a question about flags (I did some admittedly lazy searches on this subject first).  If my ship survives a battle, shouldn't whatever flags I have on it be retained?  I understand completely that by losing my ship I lose the flags, consumables (assuming the Cpt does survive of course).  Just wondering why I lose those if my ship lives and my team wins -I mean if I live and my team wins, why does it cost me those flags?  I can see surviving and losing costs me them, but....not the other way around.  I've gotten to the point of not flying very many flags at all, until I get to a specific number, and I admit it does cost me.  But I'd rather have the'bank' of flags to draw on in critical scenarios than waste them on regular matches....

Beta Testers
1,240 posts
15,195 battles
9 minutes ago, GB_Ghostryder said:

I don't post often, but I have a question about flags (I did some admittedly lazy searches on this subject first).  If my ship survives a battle, shouldn't whatever flags I have on it be retained?  I understand completely that by losing my ship I lose the flags, consumables (assuming the Cpt does survive of course).  Just wondering why I lose those if my ship lives and my team wins -I mean if I live and my team wins, why does it cost me those flags?  I can see surviving and losing costs me them, but....not the other way around.  I've gotten to the point of not flying very many flags at all, until I get to a specific number, and I admit it does cost me.  But I'd rather have the'bank' of flags to draw on in critical scenarios than waste them on regular matches....

As you stated in your OP, flags are consumables and are treated as such. You will notice however that where a flag does not provide some sort of "Perk" it remains. Such as nation flags or insignia flags.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
7 minutes ago, GB_Ghostryder said:

As soon as you are logged into a battle, the signal flags are lost whether you survive or not. Same for premium consumables and one-use camos. At least the premium consumables you can buy for credits. You can get signal flags, consumables, and one-use camos from events, missions, achievements and the like. Many PvP mains save signals for Ranked and/or Clan Battles. I'm a co-op main, so I use them in my infrequent PvP battles as well.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Nope.  Signals are "consumed" after each battle.  So are camouflages (execpt premium camos) I agree that it's kinda stupid, but that's how it is.

On the other hand, if they could be retained then their value would be cheapened, since everyone would simply stack them up on every boat.  Defeats the point since their use grant bonuses, and if everyone is "bonused up" then, what's the point?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

Forgot, Cmdrs don't die no matter how many times his ship sinks. They are made of styrofoam. :Smile_teethhappy:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,194 posts
11,696 battles
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

They're called "consumables" for a reason, my friend.

WoWs called it Business Model

players will need to purchase for more when they were used up!! generate money income

[SOFOP]
Members
766 posts
6,855 battles

I dont think he is confused by how the game works, but is presenting a thought on how it should work.

While I think it would be a nice idea, I think it would exaggerate the already annoying tactic if just hiding and firing from long range, as now people have a reason to survive.

Basically....people will try to take advantage of it, and there it is why we can not have nice things.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I dont think he is confused by how the game works, but is presenting a thought on how it should work.

While I think it would be a nice idea, I think it would exaggerate the already annoying tactic if just hiding and firing from long range, as now people have a reason to survive.

Basically....people will try to take advantage of it, and there it is why we can not have nice things.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[CGB]
Members
7 posts
5,183 battles

Fair enough.  I DO agree with that assessment, Baldy....And taking other arguments presented, would reduce aggressiveness-Nobody likes someone hanging back and sniping when the game is supposedly predicated on teamwork and 'tactical aggression'....Still, maybe I need to rephrase it from a 'Why' standpoint and put it in a 'WISH' standpoint.  I DO tend to be a bit overly aggressive as I don't care about KDR or any of that crap.  I log in to fight, not dance, and if I win that fight, while supporring my team, and manage to survive (RARELY!) then my WISH is I would keep my flags.

So if anyone reading this sees me not engaging without a reason, call me out in chat and report me!

Sign in to follow this