Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

It's time to consider Port Slot 75% off discount.

25 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles

Hi WoWs,

Please continue with this tradition you guys have from previous year. With the announcement of 2 new lines, the RN CV and the Russian bb, that is like t4/t5/t6/t7/t8/t9/t10 CV, t3/t4/t5/t6/t7/t8/t9/t10 BB, I am sure players willingly spend doubloons to hoard as many port slots as possible.

WoWs, this is a win/win situation for you. Players will spend $$$$$ to buy doubloon in order to buy port slot not to mention that apart from the 2 new lines, there are many more ships that players will acquire in the future. I am sure I will try and get at least 50 to 60 new port slots.

regards,

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

and here I thought people were tired of getting port slots in their credit containers

but yes, the port slots haven't gone on sale in a while.

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

Are they still showing up in containers?  The commander bunks seem to have gone away from the flag and camo containers...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Hi WoWs,

Please continue with this tradition you guys have from previous year. With the announcement of 2 new lines, the RN CV and the Russian bb, that is like t4/t5/t6/t7/t8/t9/t10 CV, t3/t4/t5/t6/t7/t8/t9/t10 BB, I am sure players willingly spend doubloons to hoard as many port slots as possible.

WoWs, this is a win/win situation for you. Players will spend $$$$$ to buy doubloon in order to buy port slot not to mention that apart from the 2 new lines, there are many more ships that players will acquire in the future. I am sure I will try and get at least 50 to 60 new port slots.

regards,

Every port slot sale, except for the one last Christmas, has been up to 50% off. Hopefully this Christmas, they will do another 75% off port slot sale. Not only are RU BBs & UK CVs coming, but we can expect at least one of the following this year as well; French DDs, Italian CL/CAs, and after Italian cruisers, then maybe Italian DDs or BBs.

1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

and here I thought people were tired of getting port slots in their credit containers

Port slots were on sale last month as 50% IIRC.

Just now, delp5117 said:

Are they still showing up in containers?  The commander bunks seem to have gone away from the flag and camo containers...

Yes, Port Slots and Cmdr Slots are no longer showing up in daily containers. When they have events that give away tech tree ships, French BBs, UK DDs, T6 ships in Mighty Prinz, the tech tree ship comes with a port slot. Same for premium ships you win. 

Members
1,195 posts
3 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

the only people who were tired of them were the selfish people who had already got hundreds of them and who didn't want to afford OTHER people the chance to have the same, so moaned like little brats at every opportunity.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
1 minute ago, fang_cloudeye said:

Port slots were on sale for a few days around thanksgiving, I got 30 at that time.

That was 50% sale, and it was the same sale as previous around the same time. So, with the tradition, the next port slot sale is right about now. Last year I went from 75 to this year 152.

NOT to also mention that in preparation for the snowflake events, lots of player buying back t9 ships, so there you go WoWs, port slots needed. And seriously, players going to be broke in credits as well, so someone right now is eyeing at the Admiral Bounty with 60 mils credit for sure.

Come'on WoWs, Just Do It!

[AFW]
Members
90 posts
25,630 battles
14 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

It is the reserve captain slot, not port slot.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

but we can expect at least one of the following this year as well; French DDs, Italian CL/CAs, and after Italian cruisers, then maybe Italian DDs or BBs.

for me, I need 7 port slots for the IJN dd/cruiser, 6 port slots for RN bb/dd, 8 port slots for French bb/dd, 7 port slots for Russian dd, 6 port slots for USN bb/dd and now I am lost count ..... that is for finish off last year grinding.

For new year grind, I am not so sure now

Edit:

Not to mention holding on coal/FXP and waiting for Alaska/JB

Steel for Flint/Black/Stallingrad

That is 5 extra premium ships on waiting, and any other low tier that WoWs like to put on sale eg campbeltown, and after today update t3 cruiser thingy? I am not spending until the Alaska price announce

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

for me, I need 7 port slots for the IJN dd/cruiser, 6 port slots for RN bb/dd, 8 port slots for French bb/dd, 7 port slots for Russian dd, 6 port slots for USN bb/dd and now I am lost count ..... that is for finish off last year grinding.

For new year grind, I am not so sure now

I have like 40 slots of the 50 left I bought last Christmas. I got some in containers before they were removed. The tech tree ships they gave away had port slots, so they didn't use any. I'm up to T7 on almost every line, so I should be able to finish lines and probably do another full line with the ones that I have.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
634 posts
9,754 battles
10 minutes ago, HillRock1 said:

It is the reserve captain slot, not port slot.

This x1000.

Was getting bad enough that I had more reserve slots than ships, and currently sitting on 88 empty reserve slots.

Members
108 posts
4,535 battles
31 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Actually, they were 50% off just less than a month ago.  But i missed it so hope it won't be too long of a wait.

[POP]
Members
1,458 posts
17,155 battles
47 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Hi WoWs,

regards,

Maybe if you spent more time doing your real job you might get some real money bonuses from work to buy port slots :Smile_facepalm:, instead your surfing the forum all day on company time, complaining how broke you are.

My God man I gifted you the most powerful DD in the game and have not seen you play it in months, use that ship to win some port slots in crates if your that hard up for cash :Smile_veryhappy:.

Image result for uss smith wows

• Funny 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,195 posts
11,696 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

hard up for cash

aren't you working today too smurfess?

do you need me to ring and speak to the big boss and dope you in

[LRM]
Members
412 posts
7,729 battles

I saw the notice but can't figure out where to buy them.  I thought it would be in the tiny type on the right side of the carousel where the number of ships and port slots is posted, but, no.  I went into the premium shop and scanned all of the pages, especially the Specials page, to no avail.

And, as long as I'm posting, is there any down side of selling all of the A hulls I've been accumulating in my inventory?  I can't think of any but I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,307 posts
3,296 battles
35 minutes ago, CorvusBB39 said:

I saw the notice but can't figure out where to buy them.  I thought it would be in the tiny type on the right side of the carousel where the number of ships and port slots is posted, but, no.  I went into the premium shop and scanned all of the pages, especially the Specials page, to no avail.

And, as long as I'm posting, is there any down side of selling all of the A hulls I've been accumulating in my inventory?  I can't think of any but I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Should be a very small text link down at bottom right of UI just above your ship carousel right below the text that shows you how many slots you have available.   Labeled " Buy Slots"  with a dubloon icon.. Its very small.  

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,504 posts
8,889 battles

What I really want is more commander slots, I mean I am not really sure how many I have atm but it must be at least 200 surplus or so by now...... Seriously though why do I have so many of these useless things, it's not like WoT where each tank has 3-7 crew members.

Members
1,001 posts
12,770 battles

have 140 ships or so picked up an extra 10 slots with free gold in game its  no brainer. as we always have these event`s that reward you for having lots of ships.

Members
1,001 posts
12,770 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

What I really want is more commander slots, I mean I am not really sure how many I have atm but it must be at least 200 surplus or so by now...... Seriously though why do I have so many of these useless things, it's not like WoT where each tank has 3-7 crew members.

yeaah  those all caaame from the daily signals crate we used to farm :)

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,504 posts
8,889 battles
2 minutes ago, Rilak said:

yeaah  those all caaame from the daily signals crate we used to farm :)

So many +4 commander slots... the horror the HORROR! :Smile_amazed:

[LRM]
Members
412 posts
7,729 battles
24 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Should be a very small text link down at bottom right of UI just above your ship carousel right below the text that shows you how many slots you have available.   Labeled " Buy Slots"  with a dubloon icon.. Its very small.  

Aha!  Found it.  I needed to scroll the carousel all the way to the right to uncover it.  It's been a year since my last slot purchase and I was remembering it just under the Ships: / Vacant Slots: labels which are there all of the time.

11 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

I whinged about it last year sometime in an open letter to Red Oak Victory's supply officer.  I had over a hundred at the time.

Sign in to follow this