Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

PSA: Arsenal coupons expire tomorrow (or is it late tonight? Better use them today to make sure you don't miss out).

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles

Title says it all...although the ship coupon renews on the 24th all the other coupons expire on tomorrows date...& if that is the same as the rest of things in this game it will be at the same time the update is occurring so better use them before that if you don't wanna miss out.

• Cool 1

[BNZAI]
Members
385 posts
4,507 battles

Wait seriously? I guess I won't be able to use mine then since I was operating under the assumption that they expired on the 24th. That's sort of messed up.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
634 posts
9,756 battles

And nothing to worry about as they will be re-issued tomorrow,

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Arsenal#Coupons

CouponsEdit

Coupons can be used for a one-time discount on a purchase in the corresponding category. Only one coupon can be used per purchase.

Coupons are periodically refilled, but cannot be stockpiled---any previous coupons that were not used when a refill occurs are lost. Refill frequencies are as follows:

• Ships (25% off): 1 coupon every 6 updates. Refill timing started with Update 0.7.6 when the Arsenal was first introduced. With a standard release cycle of 4 weeks, this means refills are expected every 24 weeks. This would imply refills on the following dates (subject to change):
  • 27 June 2018 (Arsenal introduced)
  • 12 December 2018
  • 29 May 2019
  • 13 November 2019
  • Upgrades (25% off): 1 coupon every update.
  • Signals (50% off): 2 coupons every update.
  • Signals (25% off): 2 coupons every update.
  • Camouflages (25% off): 2 coupons every update.

The ship coupon info needs to be edited, but the rest is pretty much spot on.

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Tekina_ said:

Wait seriously? I guess I won't be able to use mine then since I was operating under the assumption that they expired on the 24th. That's sort of messed up.

The Ship Coupon refreshes roughly every 6 months, so after Dec 24th, the ship coupon won't refresh again until around Jun 24th or so. Every other coupon refreshes every update.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,842 posts
4,180 battles
13 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Wow, thanks.  I was thinking they all expired/renewed at the same time.

They do.  Used coupons will REFRESH (refill).  Unused coupons will be unaffected.  This whole concept of "expiration" is inapplicable, even though WG suggests it in its text.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
634 posts
9,756 battles

coupon.jpg.faf0e12d57d78bfe39a0b68ec90ac66c.jpg

Mountain meet mole hill.

[BNZAI]
Members
385 posts
4,507 battles
48 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Ship Coupon refreshes roughly every 6 months, so after Dec 24th, the ship coupon won't refresh again until around Jun 24th or so. Every other coupon refreshes every update.

I knew they refreshed, I did not know they expired several days before they refreshed though. If the ship coupons expired on the 24th I would have had enough coal to get Musashi before the reset but if it expires tonight that's a a no go. It's messed up that there is no indication of that in the UI.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
634 posts
9,756 battles
5 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

I knew they refreshed, I did not know they expired several days before they refreshed though. If the ship coupons expired on the 24th I would have had enough coal to get Musashi before the reset but if it expires tonight that's a a no go. It's messed up that there is no indication of that in the UI.

Not sure what you're on about. The screen shot I posted above clearly shows that they renew tomorrow. The ship coupons don't refresh on the same schedule as the signal and camouflage coupons.

[BNZAI]
Members
385 posts
4,507 battles
8 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Not sure what you're on about. The screen shot I posted above clearly shows that they renew tomorrow. The ship coupons don't refresh on the same schedule as the signal and camouflage coupons.

edit:I am stupid, I am the one who needs to reread. Disregard everything I have posted.

Edited by Tekina_
im stupid

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
3 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Reread the OP. This is clearly a topic about the ship coupons to begin with. Not the various other coupons, the ship coupons which say they refresh on the 24th but according to OP expire before then.

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Title says it all...although the ship coupon renews on the 24th all the other coupons expire on tomorrows date...& if that is the same as the rest of things in this game it will be at the same time the update is occurring so better use them before that if you don't wanna miss out.

The ship coupon should remain the "old" one until it is refreshed.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

They do.  Used coupons will REFRESH (refill).  Unused coupons will be unaffected.  This whole concept of "expiration" is inapplicable, even though WG suggests it in its text.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[RQL]
Alpha Tester
507 posts
9,528 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

I think the confusion stems from the ship coupon being advertised as refreshing every 6 updates.  Tomorrow is the 6th update, yet the date on the coupon is 24 Dec for refresh.  With opportunities to earn coal/steel post update - it actually can have a large difference.  This is why people are seeking clarification on the ship coupon refresh.

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
2 minutes ago, Snarge said:

I think the confusion stems from the ship coupon being advertised as refreshing every 6 updates.  Tomorrow is the 6th update, yet the date on the coupon is 24 Dec for refresh.  With opportunities to earn coal/steel post update - it actually can have a large difference.  This is why people are seeking clarification on the ship coupon refresh.

Back when the Arsenal started they stated December 24 for some reason and have stuck with it.  Who knows, might have been an extension to allow players to get more coal in Santa boxes.  Or, it could have been thrown off by the extra ship coupons they gave players to make the transition to Steel for the reward ships.   I think you are very correct, it is probably very perplexing for players that haven't been following all of the changes this year pretty closely.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,842 posts
4,180 battles

Yeah, they better sick to the 24th.  I won't have enough Coal tomorrow.

[D33P6]
Members
181 posts
11,112 battles
On 12/18/2018 at 5:39 PM, _GreyBeard_ said:

And nothing to worry about as they will be re-issued tomorrow,

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Arsenal#Coupons

The ship coupon info needs to be edited, but the rest is pretty much spot on.

Good info.  That would have been nice to know BEFORE I waited until the 24th.  :-(

Sign in to follow this