You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

2 Cherry Blossom 5 star wins today but......

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,497 posts
7,240 battles

The 1st 2 Cherry Blossoms were 5 star wins today. We were lucky in the 1st. 3 ships cannot occupy the same spot at the same time and it is very bad to try during a torpedo attack. My Baltimore was sandwiched between 2 Cleveland's when the planes came in. We got lucky and where able to absorb the torpedo hits but we needed to return to the repair circle. this took us out of position to support the ships attacking the aerodromes. We were close to loosing a star because we had a couple of ships with very low HP when the operation was completed. Sometimes I wonder if Unsporting conduct needs to be in scenarios as well. But then I think it would be a very bad idea.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,339 posts
15,070 battles

Yes unsporting penalties should apply. I had a team mate the other day push me into a torp spread and even though I survived the follow up spread got me! I in game reported it and put in a ticket with replay. And yes we lost!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,199 posts
6,652 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yes unsporting penalties should apply. I had a team mate the other day push me into a torp spread and even though I survived the follow up spread got me! I in game reported it and put in a ticket with replay. And yes we lost!

The trouble is, this isn't the sort of unsporting conduct that's covered by automatic detection. Team damage is turned off for a very good reason in these scenarios, but there's no way for the AI to assess such deliberate bastard moves as shoving a colleague into torps, just as there is no way in Randoms for the AI to tell the difference between a collision that just causes damage and an a-hole battleship full-on broadsiding a smoke cruiser or DD out into the open to be used as a bulldozer against incoming torps.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles
Some times it is better to be lucky than good.

“I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?”

Napoleon Bonaparte

[TDRB]
Members
2,497 posts
7,240 battles
18 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

People do get tunnel vision in ops because the action come fast & furious. This is a reason, not an excuse. Chain reactions do occur. Personally I am very reluctant to report anyone. It must be blatant in my view to report. I'm not in the position to judge the incident you reported, please do not assume that is what I am saying.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,339 posts
15,070 battles

@kgh52 This was blatant and intentional! He was on my left forcing me to the right in the face of the DDs as I was turning left away from their approach. As soon as it was clear I that I would be hit he ran full speed to the left! I got hit by the 1st salvo and had no chance to didge the 2nd!