You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

The Last Big Christmas Question - Steel Monsters Price

How much do you think the Steel Monsters campaign will cost?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you think the Steel Monsters campaign will cost?

• $0.01-9.99
    • $10-19.99
    • $20-29.99
    • $30-39.99
    • $40-49.99
    • $50-59.99
    • $60-69.99
    • $70-79.99
    • $80-89.99
    • $90-99.99
    • $100 or more
  2. 2. Are you planning on buying the Steel Monsters campaign?

• Yes, for sure!
    • No, no way!
    • It depends on how much it costs.

42 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
1,179 posts
7,813 battles

Today we finally got an answer to a question we've been asking for weeks - what exactly will the rewards be for "blowing snowflakes" off our ships?

With that settled, there is one more big question: How much real-world cash will it cost to activate the "Steel Monsters" campaign?  If you need a reminder:

As you progress, you can earn up to 28 days of Warships Premium Account time, various signal flags, and camouflage patterns. Moreover, by completing the final tasks of all missions you can get handsome rewards like 4,000 Steel, four Santa's Big Gifts, and one Santa's Mega Gift container.

So make your predictions!  What will it cost you?

[NGAGE]
Members
343 posts
11,066 battles

I'd say we piece it together. A month of premium is $12. 4K Steel is equal to about 4K gold, which is $20. Four big gifts are $12 and one mega gift is $5 for a total of $17 for the gifts. That all adds up to $49 worth of in-game items, but the catch is they're not selling a bundle of those items, they're selling you a mission set to earn them, so you still have to grind them after you buy the campaign. That means the cost should not be equal to the in-game value of the items. Instead, it should be cheaper, but how much? If the contents are worth $49, I'd say it should cost about $30 considering you then have to grind them out. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,736 posts
11,088 battles

I think about $40-$50 with the PEF. Maybe $10 for just the campaign. So naturally it will be a $75 bundle lol.

[WULUF]
Members
41 posts
3,284 battles

$20 or $30 would be my guess. Though I wouldn't be shocked if it came in at $50...

The fact it expires is troubling though... 

Edited by Ghawain

[WOLF2]
Members
514 posts
12,871 battles

If it’s 10 bucks or less I’ll consider it.  If more than that, no way in hell will I pay real money just to play a campaign grind,  even with the good rewards.   My guess is it will be $20-30.

[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,737 battles
6 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

$20 or $30 would be my guess. Though I wouldn't be shocked if it came in at $50...

You got 6 months. More than enough time if you play 3 games a day.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles

Considering the steel and coal you can earn, my guess is 49.99 USD for the campaign, and you just know it'll be included in a PEF bundle, which'll run about 75.00 USD.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
402 posts
9,096 battles

PFE bundle will be around $90 for the nice bundle with campaign 

Price should be $30-$39

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,618 posts
14,756 battles

I figure in the $40-$49 dollar range.

4000 steel is equal to 40000 coal and Jean Bart lists for 228000 coal (22,800 steel). She cost approximately $80 in the shop when she was on sale so 4000 steel is around $15. The Santa's Boxes come in at $17, one month premium at $12.49, or, you roll the premium in with about 100 flags and call it a Big Supply Drop for $22. $57 minus a nice 15% package discount equals $48.45 for the mission.

And maybe I'm dreaming...

[TMS]
Beta Testers
19 posts
8,795 battles

Very disappointed with the patch notes. Everything in it is geared to people that spend alot on the game. Such a cash grab..... le sigh

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
2,255 battles

My guess from the beginning was the better part of a $100 bill. I would guess they are going to bundle it with some other garbage (special flags, possibly a commander) and the PEF for $75-$90

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

You will get enough Steel by purchasing and completing the whole campaign, completing In the Name of Your Highness and completing Nerves of Steel that you will end up with 8,019 Steel. Steel Monsters will also give 28 days WoWs premium time. Atlanta is $41.16 in the shop and if you can get 232 Steel from your tech tree and premium ships, you can get Flint with the Ship Coupon that refreshes on Christmas Eve. So I'm thinking Steel Monsters by it self will be $40-50 as a SWAG.

Based on other T6 ships in the shop, PEF should be $31-35 as a SWAG.

So the PEF & Steel Monsters bundle should be around $100-120 as a SWAG depending on what flags and the like WG includes in that bundle.

Edit: I hope it is cheaper.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WULUF]
Members
41 posts
3,284 battles
26 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You got 6 months. More than enough time if you play 3 games a day.

Very true, but it still doesn't sit well with me.  

[BUOY]
Members
295 posts
9,255 battles
48 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

It depends on the task requirements, I'd expect the 180 days to be an 'incredibly lenient' time frame with most PvP & PvE'ers able to bang it out in a week or less since it's a week until the first ship coupon expires and they'll definitely want to get the cash of those who want to take advantage of that coupon for a steel ship. As such I'd expect the difficulty to be similar to past temporary campaigns, hopefully without anything like North Cape 5-4 "Cause 90,000 HP of damage to enemy ships with ship torpedoes in a single battle" shenanigans.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,445 posts
10,379 battles

All I can say is WG was using their brain on this one... sell missions, brilliant... make them not too expensive and you got a long term cash cow here.... WoWS... so far ahead of the dying WoT....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
631 posts
4,533 battles

WG being WG I predict the campaign will only be available as part of a PeF bundle, and not a la carte

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,736 posts
11,088 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You will get enough Steel by purchasing and completing the whole campaign, completing In the Name of Your Highness and completing Nerves of Steel that you will end up with 8,019 Steel. Steel Monsters will also give 28 days WoWs premium time. Atlanta is $41.16 in the shop and if you can get 232 Steel from your tech tree and premium ships, you can get Flint with the Ship Coupon that refreshes on Christmas Eve. So I'm thinking Steel Monsters by it self will be $40-50 as a SWAG.

Based on other T6 ships in the shop, PEF should be $31-35 as a SWAG.

So the PEF & Steel Monsters bundle should be around $100-120 as a SWAG depending on what flags and the like WG includes in that bundle.

Edit: I hope it is cheaper.

OH crap did not realize nearly a month prem time is in there.... yeah this is not going to be cheap.

I may end up taking the middle ground. Still buy PEF and the campaign but not tomorrow. Will wait till after Christmas get it in Jan. Or if just PEF by itself is an option get that tomorrow and save the campaign till just before 8.0 drops.

[TF-60]
Members
279 posts
9,165 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

I think about $40-$50 with the PEF. Maybe $10 for just the campaign. So naturally it will be a $75 bundle lol.

I’m guessing around $80 for ship, campaign, flags and camos

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,736 posts
11,088 battles
Just now, General_WTSherman said:

I’m guessing around $80 for ship, campaign, flags and camos

Yeah, possible. I think I have resigned myself to just get the PEF right away and wait on the Steel monsters campaign until after I finish the Mighty Prince. Can not do both campaigns at the same time any way so... no reason to race thru that one. Unless they are going to mess with the steel ships in the arsenal in 8.0. If they do that then getting the steel from Steel Monsters before 8.0 drops might become a thing..... hmm..... Dang it WG! That is likely going to be what they do... lol.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,145 battles
3 hours ago, Khafni said:

4000 steel is equal to 40000 coal and Jean Bart lists for 228000 coal (22,800 steel). She cost approximately $80 in the shop when she was on sale so 4000 steel is around $15.

Based on other conversion equivalences, the Coal ships are significantly cheaper in the Arsenal than the same ships in the Shop.  I'd ballpark 40,000 Coal at $60?  (Can't find my real numbers.)   I'll update when I find them.

IMO, the mission will be <$30.  Doesn't matter, though: I'm not buying anything.

Members
1,001 posts
12,763 battles
5 hours ago, Q_thulu said:

Very disappointed with the patch notes. Everything in it is geared to people that spend alot on the game. Such a cash grab..... le sigh

u know  u can get alot of coal and steel just playing ships you already own via snowflake event.  im not even sure i can get 143 wins number of ships in port

Members
1,001 posts
12,763 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

No.  Not a stinking chance. 

I am not encouraging WG to begin the creeping doom of hiding more and more content behind a paywall.

good lord i have so much content i cant even play it all ! and the last thing i bought was a  tirpiz when it came out !