Sign in to follow this  
gowkahn

penalty

14 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
9 posts
7,069 battles

It is ridiculous when you get rammed by a team mate and you get a penalty, DD runs into my BB and dies and i get penalized,that is not right.

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,598 posts
8,326 battles

The game has no way of knowing who rammed who.  So, damage is assigned equally.

The DD who hit you must have been VERY low to have died.

It's an unfortunate consequence of the team damage mechanic, and very rare.

But, with that low of damage, you'll probably only be pink for one game.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,789 posts
10,277 battles

Meh, if you ask me pink has been diluted so much by the overaggressive penalization system that it doesn't mean anything anymore. Be pink, have fun.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,377 posts
15,157 battles

You were not penalized! You were warned to be more careful. Play off the pink  2 or 3 battles and damage no ally. Persist in damaging allies you will be penalized, turned brown and restricted to co op battles. If you feel the player rammed you intentionally to die and cause you grief then report them in a ticket with the replay attached as a rule violator for harassment.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
2 hours ago, gowkahn said:

It is ridiculous when you get rammed by a team mate and you get a penalty, DD runs into my BB and dies and i get penalized,that is not right.

Everyone thinks you were afk anyways

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,141 posts
19,989 battles
2 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

The game has no way of knowing who rammed who.  So, damage is assigned equally.

The DD who hit you must have been VERY low to have died.

It's an unfortunate consequence of the team damage mechanic, and very rare.

But, with that low of damage, you'll probably only be pink for one game.

OtterWolf, which is why they should remove friendly ram damage from the game.

Members
4,723 posts
7,844 battles
2 hours ago, pikohan said:

Meh, if you ask me pink has been diluted so much by the overaggressive penalization system that it doesn't mean anything anymore. Be pink, have fun.

I agree.  Because the system is so overaggressive odds are a pink player on your team was playing aggressively and just goofed up. This is not always the case but IMO it sure is much of the time.  I will welcome those types on my team IF they were being just aggressive and screwed up....it happens a lot. I will take pink aggressive players over a bunch of BBs that sit in the back and don't fight until the match is already lost. Happened in a match I was in earlier today.  2 bbs did not hardly move and engaged no one until well over half way thru the match and by the time they decided to fight we were 4 or 5 ships down. Loss.  All of you have seen this crap happen. 

I would like to get on an ALL pink team someday. I just know I could count on those wild men to attack and FIGHT! :Smile_great:

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,598 posts
8,326 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

OtterWolf, which is why they should remove friendly ram damage from the game.

I kind of get your point, Crucis, but honestly, since penalty is based upon volume of damage, how many pink games could OP really have to play?... 1?.. 2?

If it was totally removed, then we would have ram fests, with A-hulls ramming people out of smoke, into islands and other fun stuff.

There needs to be some consequence, IMO.

[SALVO]
Members
20,141 posts
19,989 battles
34 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

I kind of get your point, Crucis, but honestly, since penalty is based upon volume of damage, how many pink games could OP really have to play?... 1?.. 2?

If it was totally removed, then we would have ram fests, with A-hulls ramming people out of smoke, into islands and other fun stuff.

There needs to be some consequence, IMO.

I don't think that the very meager penalties for friendly ramming EVER stop anyone from acting like "A-hulls".

• Cool 1

[GONE]
Members
77 posts
2,270 battles

I've gone pink a couple of times.  I'm USA, & if I'm in SHIFT  pounding on some guy & someone else flying a meatball or swastika gets between us, I'm just naturally going to fire a salvo at him, too. Maybe two salvos until I get back to normal view & see the friendly designation. Fog of war, IMO.   ; )

Members
30 posts

Hi. Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask or if I should somehow already know the answer. I'm less than two weeks into learning World of Warships, which is also my very first online game with other players in real time. 

I have of course accidentally fired at friendlies while in binocular mode where it's easy to confuse friend and foe. I've also fired torpedoes that someone else suddenly veered into. I've also been rammed and penalized. Each time, I observed the alert and warning and was able to issue immediate apologies in chat.

But today was different. I played only a couple of battles. They pushed a game update. During one battle, a major malfunction made the game unresponsive to my commands although the screen wasn't frozen. I could watch progress on the minimap but M wouldn't bring up the Map and clicking didn't bring the camera to a live ship in Spectator mode. F1 dead. ESC dead. Right click dead. SHIFT dead. All of these things should have done something. I had to close the game in Task Manager and reboot my computer just to be sure. I've no idea what happened.

When I finally restarted the game, opening back in port of course, I was notified that a TeamKiller penalty had been applied. I have to play 4 games without violation before it's lifted. During which time I have to pray for no more rookie mistakes or else I'm permanently banned from the challenging aspects of the game. But I have no idea why it was assessed in the first place. I received no warning and I don't even recall being in an accident. The Player Support page has three topics in the "Penalty Appeal" section... but none has anything to do with appealing a penalty. I want to appeal a penalty. Is there a way to do that? I wrote a ticket they said was received but it's my second ticket. The first was resolved almost immediately. This one is radio silence after 24 hours.

What do I do?

WoW Player Support.jpg

Edited by Mather44
typo
  • Funny 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,377 posts
15,157 battles

@Mather44 you were not given a Team Kill penalty for that! You were given and unsporting conduct warning for disconnecting/leaving the battle early. The 4 penalty pink battles is based on your previous record. If this was your first incident or one in a long period it would only be 2 battles. Appealing this will do no good. Play off the 4 battles and move on.

Members
30 posts

I didn't say "This is why this happened." I said, I have no idea what happened. I would like them to TELL me what happened, so I will know. Clearly, something in the game malfunctioned. Is it not possible that the penalty was also a malfunction?

As I said, I've been doing this for only two weeks and I have made dumb mistakes which makes me extremely careful not to make dumb mistakes. I don't believe I did so to earn this penalty but if I'm wrong I'd like to know about it. I don't think that deserves your rebuke, sir. What happens if, while "playing off the four games" I do make another honest mistake for real? I should be permanently banned from Random battles because of what seems, in a black hole of information, like a game malfunction?

I'm not arguing, sir. I'm asking. Honestly.

Sign in to follow this