Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Ranked Season 11

31 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,002 battles

A whole new level of pain for ranked battles.

Presumably CV re-work will be live, Tier 9 and Arms Race format.

I think it will make T7 Ranked look like the good old days.

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
9 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Tier 9 Ranked!? Well that will mean no CVs since there won’t be a tier 9 CV anymore post rework. But I imagine there will be a ton of Missouri, Fletcher, Musashi, Kronkstadt, Black, and maybe Alaska.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,141 battles

If that’s all correct, at least you won’t have to worry about CV’s in ranked as they are only releasing even number tiers of CV’s.

I usually (now) only play a couple of sessions of ranked. Once the losses start rolling in I stop ... not because I’m losing but I’m obviously not providing much use to my team so why make others suffer!:cap_haloween:

Edited by Bravo4zero
Ninja’d by Admiral_Thrawn

[RWBY]
Members
246 posts
6,093 battles

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded to me like arms race would be one of the modes for ranked as opposed to THE mode. 

Kind of like how there were some epicenter matches in the last season. 

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,002 battles
13 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Tier 9 Ranked!? Well that will mean no CVs since there won’t be a tier 9 CV anymore post rework. But I imagine there will be a ton of Missouri, Fletcher, Musashi, Kronkstadt, Black, and maybe Alaska.

Or will it be T8 or T10 CVs if at all.

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,294 battles

Enjoy the beauty of T6 Ranked Sprint while you can.

Considering the bevy of "special" premiums at T9, I could easily see this being as imbalanced as T5 Ranked Sprint was for premiums.

[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,494 battles

So no Ranked for me then. Not going to waste time with the gimmicky stupidity of Arms Race; never mind that it’s Tier 9.

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So no Ranked for me then. Not going to waste time with the gimmicky stupidity of Arms Race; never mind that it’s Tier 9.

Same here. I'd like to play tier 9 Ranked but not if it's going to be Arms Race.

[WOLF2]
Members
515 posts
12,917 battles

I’m not looking forward to Arms Race being involved.  Ranked always brings out the worst in a lot of people in chat and I can see that mode amplifying the problem tremendously with people berating others for not grabbing the buff points they want them to or not doing so fast enough.  If it’s Arms Race just for some games I’ll see how it goes.  If it’s all games I think I’ll sit this one out.  Besides....Missouri is the only tier 9 I have.....

Edited by RumpledSteelskins
  • Cool 1

[1NJSE]
Members
223 posts
6,117 battles

I loved arms race but I suspect this is going to be a *bad experience (TM)*. 

The BB's and cruisers are going to continue hiding at the back and behind islands and expect the DD's to get as many boosts as possible to buff the team.  DD's will take even more risk than in the past, they will be under rewarded as in the past and die just as fast.

[NGAGE]
Members
352 posts
11,121 battles

I'm a big time ranked player that has ranked out in seasons 9 and 10 and played each season since season four and I'm FURIOUS over them adding Arms Race to what used to be a serious game mode. 

People say ranked is dying, but look at how many people played last season just on NA: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/season/season10/player_dense_na.html

Yep, that's over 46,000 players. Considering the weekend peak number of online users is about 14,000, that's a good percentage of all players. Yes, not many people make the commitment to rank out, just 1,108, but that's a big time commitment with it taking around 200 games or more on average. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I didn't think about that. So if you want to make Ranked CV less, then make it T5, T7, or T9. After the 8.0 CV rework on Jan 23rd, only tiers 4, 6, 8 & 10 will have CVs, so if you lock Ranked, or something else, to T5, T7, or T9, then no CVs.

[FML]
Members
2,480 posts
11,921 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Agreed. WG have made it really easy to sit this one out. 

Well, I have my Flint now, so no need to do 200-300 ranked battles in a desperate struggle against stupidity. 

Mind you, I could just roll in my Missouri to get a cool 200 million credits... but it seems unnecessary. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[FML]
Members
2,480 posts
11,921 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I didn't think about that. So if you want to make Ranked CV less, then make it T5, T7, or T9. After the 8.0 CV rework on Jan 23rd, only tiers 4, 6, 8 & 10 will have CVs, so if you lock Ranked, or something else, to T5, T7, or T9, then no CVs.

Indeed. It makes T6 ranked less attractive, as I think that tier is the best balanced and no radar. But now, there will be CVs whereas T7 won’t (but will have Belfast instead).

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
8 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Indeed. It makes T6 ranked less attractive, as I think that tier is the best balanced and no radar. But now, there will be CVs whereas T7 won’t (but will have Belfast instead).

You could have T5, then no CVs or RADAR. But you would have Kamikaze, Fujin, Gremyashchy, etc. :)

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

Where's this news of Tier IX Ranked coming from?

Anyways, if so, that's the first time Ranked will take place in this tier.  There's a lot of nasty ships there.  The DDs and BBs in particular will be very good.  The Cruisers will be a bit "iffy" except on utility.

[FML]
Members
2,480 posts
11,921 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You could have T5, then no CVs or RADAR. But you would have Kamikaze, Fujin, Gremyashchy, etc. :)

That is true, but at T5 there are multiple problematic premiums as you’ve outlined :-p

[RMRGD]
Members
345 posts
18,519 battles

Tier 9 premiums/freeXP/reward ships are easily must stronger then tech tree.   So its an unfair advantage.  Honestly I dont care long as its not TierX.   Tier X is getting so stale I don't even play it anymore.  I will for snow flake only to get the steel.   Then back to 5-8 for me.   Occasional 9 

[TOG]
Members
3,417 posts
17,854 battles

If it's T9, arms race then grab a DD. You get the buffs more often than the other ships. Kinda hilarious having you're detect ability level pushed down to 5.0 km. 

Members
2,487 posts
5,287 battles
On 12/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You forgot the best T9 DD in the game: Chung Mu. May not be a ton of them, but I’d wager everyone that has one will be playing it. 

[WOLF2]
Members
515 posts
12,917 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

If it's T9, arms race then grab a DD. You get the buffs more often than the other ships. Kinda hilarious having you're detect ability level pushed down to 5.0 km

And have all the “feminine hygeine products” that aren’t in DDs (and even some who are)  yelling at you the whole time for NOT getting the reload and auto-heal points for THEM.  Or getting the detect points before those.   I stand by my original post in this thread....I think Arms Race will make an already fairly toxic game mode absolutely intolerable.

[TOG]
Members
3,417 posts
17,854 battles
3 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

And have all the “feminine hygeine products” that aren’t in DDs (and even some who are)  yelling at you the whole time for NOT getting the reload and auto-heal points for THEM.  Or getting the detect points before those.   I stand by my original post in this thread....I think Arms Race will make an already fairly toxic game mode absolutely intolerable.

it's a bit hard to get it for them when they're camping too far. Not my problem. 

Sign in to follow this