Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kami

Tuesday Touchdown!

16 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
1,288 posts
626 battles

Hello Captains,

Today we are going to talk about scoring a touchdown!

Have you ever experienced that long distance shot where you fire and just know those shells are going to be awesome for you and bad for your enemy?

Another situation: You are in a cruiser or battleship and that enemy ships comes out flat broadside.. do you score a touchdown (devastating strike) or a bunch of overpens (interception)?

Please share some of your best game moments that you have experienced and lets have some fun.

Please no naming and shaming of other players (ship type/name) is ok!

Fuso-2.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles

A couple I will always remember, a full health Pensacola come out from behind an island flat broadside to my Atlanta. I switch to AP and delete a full Health Pensacola in one salvo with 9 citadel hits. That is more of a 1 yard plunge vs a long TD pass.

In Clan battles I had a near full health Yamato expectantly show me his broadside at 7k. I unload a full 12 gun salvo from my Montana and do over 70k damage with a 7 citadel dev strike. 

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
325 posts
8,330 battles

Last night 20km double citadel on a Worcester in a Republic. The guy complained that he was angling away.... as a CA main, I truly feel his pain.

[SALVO]
Members
19,999 posts
19,924 battles

It may not be a spectacular dev strike, but here's one.  A few months back, I was in my Tirpitz in a tier 10 battle on the Loop map (north spawn).  And I saw an enemy Bismarck out at near my max range about to head behind an island.  So I said "what the frack" and fired.  The Biz disappeared behind the island so I couldn't see the shells land, but I managed to land a citadel on him (confirmed in the after action report).  I was rather shocked to land a cit on a turtle backed German BB with my Tirpitz's smallish 15" guns, but I assumed that it was in some part due to plunging fire.    At that point in the game (near the start), I'd have been happy with any damaging hit on such a long range, snap shot.  But to land a citadel on a turtlebacked German BB put a smile on my face!  :Smile_trollface:

[WGA]
Administrator
1,288 posts
626 battles
40 minutes ago, lipiru said:

Last night 20km double citadel on a Worcester in a Republic. The guy complained that he was angling away.... as a CA main, I truly feel his pain.

ohhh the Republique and dealing with angled cruisers!

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
863 posts
13,278 battles

Long time ago, just after the introduction of storms. Playing Gneisenau grinding my way toward Bismarck and a storm came up. With storm in full swing I caught a cruiser coming out from behind a rock and promptly obliterated him. He began a bit of a tirade about how I must be hacking, there was no way I could get that close to him without being seen (remember... there was a storm in progress) and assuring me that he was sending the game file to WGing to make sure I was banned from the game. Meanwhile, the clock was ticking down on the game. There was very little time left, storm having cleared at last, and I fired a salvo at the one remaining enemy ship (BB) at my maximum range for a citadel to claim the kill and finish the game for the win. The player convinced I was a hacker must have been apoplectic at that point. lol

Respects,

Am

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,593 posts
8,217 battles

When I first played Minotaur, I had a few unhappy experiences near the start of battle, me lazily turning away from enemy ships, and [deleted] by enemy Yamato (or equivalent, but Yamato's are especially good at it!)

Last weekend, role reversal, experimenting with Massachusetts, I caught a Minotaur as its smoke faded at 12 km, blap, blap, for and aft guns, [deleted]. Made my day. I always like being uptiered from t8 for this sort of reason.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,141 battles

2nd game in my Musashi I had my spotted plane up trying to help locate an enemy DD I knew was in the area while I was capping ... imagine that, a BB pushing into cap with his DD at the beginning of the game :cap_haloween:When I see a Vanguard appear 26km away in the other cap. I figured why not take a shot. He was full broadside to me so I fired all guns ... the feeling was like in Lord of The Rings when Sméagol has the ring “Preciooouuussss!!” when I landed a 46k, multi citadel hit on him!! I did feel guilty afterwards though!! Lol

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Sunday, while driving Kronschtadt, I loosed off a salvo of AP at a Chapayev at about 17km range. 3 of the shells hit, all cits, and the poor Chappy went kablooey. I felt bad because as a Cruiser main I've had that happen to me. I also felt good because I removed a radar bote from the Red team.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,184 posts
6,638 battles

Twilight Mode was great for this. I think I blew apart three ships with one salvo each from my Leviathan with the zero-dispersion mod. 

I have previously racked up five- and six-citadel strikes on thin-skinned cruisers with UK AP, but that Leviathan accuracy mod is just death to anything broadside within range.

[TDRB]
Members
2,491 posts
7,229 battles

Before 7.11 I've sunk one of the CV's at long range with a broadside from my Normandie & New Mexico several times in Aegis. In randoms I nail several cruisers at 15km or more.

[H_]
Members
1,891 posts

A month ago, a "highly negative" cruiser CPT, in a Russian cruiser, was in the "all chat" mode disparaging other players even before the first shot was taken......  So, wouldn't you know it, the very first enemy ship on the opposite side of the map, at 26K was that CPT and I was in my Yamato (which, I rarly play randoms in......)   Broadside.   Ah, why not I thought, the RNG GoD's had to have had enough of him already I thought, and I took a whack at him.  Two Citadels and he went stark raving mad and said those magic words in chat "what a lucky %*!#@$* shot you !##*%@$!#@$...."  So, since he didn't learn his lesson in humility, and the RNG GoD's must have been still ticked at him, the second salvo was as god as the first and it didn't kill him outright.............the closets DD to him literally sailed right up to him and killed him in one salvo...........   Now that, was the end zone, hail Mary and RNG GoD's be praised "G.........O........A........L" !!!!!  Sorry, wrong football........

Edited by Asym_KS

[WGA]
Administrator
1,288 posts
626 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Sunday, while driving Kronschtadt, I loosed off a salvo of AP at a Chapayev at about 17km range. 3 of the shells hit, all cits, and the poor Chappy went kablooey. I felt bad because as a Cruiser main I've had that happen to me. I also felt good because I removed a radar bote from the Red team.

Priority targeting! 

1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Wait, is @Gneisenau013 no longer doing these posts?

He is around! 

[CUTER]
Members
3,857 posts
17,865 battles

I knew this shot will be decent

This one as well

Edited by Preteen

[PVE]
Members
2,880 posts
21,394 battles
16 hours ago, iKami said:

Have you ever experienced that long distance shot where you fire and just know those shells are going to be awesome for you and bad for your enemy?

Another situation: You are in a cruiser or battleship and that enemy ships comes out flat broadside.. do you score a touchdown (devastating strike) or a bunch of overpens (interception)?

Every time I fire the Lyons guns it's just pure lols...don't think I've ever scored as many dev strikes in any other ship...w/16 barrels of AP at once somethings gotta connect...no matter how much angling.

Sign in to follow this