Elo_J_Fudpucker

Twitch Containers - How Many/How Often

18 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,633 posts
9,122 battles

I thought, and maybe I was wrong, that for each hour of Twitch WoWS watched, one Twitch Coontainer would be rewarded, up to three a day??  If this is the case, the system is not functioning as it should.

Thnx

[TAW]
Members
87 posts
13,096 battles

other than the 1 I got for signing up I haven't gotten a single container even though I've had multiple streams up for many hours, am I supposed to be doing something else?  

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,377 posts
15,159 battles

Fewer than you would prefer and less frequently than you would prefer. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
189 posts
6,769 battles

I have heard that there is only a chance to get a container, so you might have been unlucky. I also heard yesterday that the streamer has to have the stream linked (somehow) to WoWs to also count time towards the viewers.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,322 posts
637 battles

Heyo Captains,

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I figured I'd jump back in and add some clarification on Twitch Containers.

1. Upon linking your account for the first time, you will receive one container, it may take some time for this to appear in your port (this is due to the delay in API's between Twitch and WoWS) - If you do not receive the container within 24 hours, ensure you are linked correctly (You should have the Twitch Achievement) then contact Customer Support through the Ticket System. You will not get additional containers for unlinking and relinking accounts.

2. You must be signed in to Twitch with your linked account and watching any World of Warships streamer (Does not need to be the official channel, the streamer just needs to have drops enabled - not sure? ask the streamer you're watching), to have a CHANCE to receive Twitch Containers.

3. Every hour you have a CHANCE to earn a container, if you do not receive a container, your chance will be increased the next hour.

4. Twitch Containers are automatically granted via the system.

5. Drop rates have been adjusted since the previous soft launch trial period, they were intentionally higher during this period to gauge how the system worked and the interest in players for this. 

6. The Twitch Prime Port was a limited time offer during the Twitch Prime promotion, linking your account will not grant you this port. 

7. We will be monitoring the feedback from Containers and reviewing rates as well as contents as we move forward.

I hope this helps clarify some of the questions and concerns about the system.

We hope to see you in an official stream soon!

Fem,

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Every hour you have a CHANCE to earn a container, if you do not receive a container, your chance will be increased the next hour.

Thanks for the clarification.  Here is a question for a bit more clarification about the above.  Is this cumulative for contiguous time only?  IE if I am on twitch for 2 hours and don't get anything today, are they still higher when I start watching again tomorrow?  

[NDA]
Supertester
5,153 posts
15,306 battles

Hey @iKami, speaking of Twitch containers you might want to tell the Devs they got their animation wrong. The Credits and Consumables are appearing over the wrong box.

bn2en32.jpg

[WGA]
Administrator
1,322 posts
637 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

Hey @iKami, speaking of Twitch containers you might want to tell the Devs they got their animation wrong. The Credits and Consumables are appearing over the wrong box.

bn2en32.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out!

• Cool 1

[ABCD3]
Members
187 posts
5,868 battles

Hi @iKami, Thanks for the clarification and went over your checklist again.

When I linked my WG account with Twitch, it confirmed and received my first container.  When I log into Twitch, always make sure I log in.  

Watched the matches last Saturday and Sunday for over four hours each, besides other viewings on other days.   So the chance ratio is that low?

Thanks again for your help

[-TXT-]
Members
171 posts
9,610 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, iKami said:

Heyo Captains,

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I figured I'd jump back in and add some clarification on Twitch Containers.

1. Upon linking your account for the first time, you will receive one container, it may take some time for this to appear in your port (this is due to the delay in API's between Twitch and WoWS) - If you do not receive the container within 24 hours, ensure you are linked correctly (You should have the Twitch Achievement) then contact Customer Support through the Ticket System. You will not get additional containers for unlinking and relinking accounts.

2. You must be signed in to Twitch with your linked account and watching any World of Warships streamer (Does not need to be the official channel, the streamer just needs to have drops enabled - not sure? ask the streamer you're watching), to have a CHANCE to receive Twitch Containers.

3. Every hour you have a CHANCE to earn a container, if you do not receive a container, your chance will be increased the next hour.

4. Twitch Containers are automatically granted via the system.

5. Drop rates have been adjusted since the previous soft launch trial period, they were intentionally higher during this period to gauge how the system worked and the interest in players for this. 

6. The Twitch Prime Port was a limited time offer during the Twitch Prime promotion, linking your account will not grant you this port. 

7. We will be monitoring the feedback from Containers and reviewing rates as well as contents as we move forward.

I hope this helps clarify some of the questions and concerns about the system.

We hope to see you in an official stream soon!

Fem,

How do streamers enable drops? Ie if I wanted to stream wows where would I go to enable that? 

Romic

[WGA]
Administrator
1,322 posts
637 battles
1 hour ago, Romic said:

How do streamers enable drops? Ie if I wanted to stream wows where would I go to enable that? 

Romic

It would be in your dashboard and you would need to find the "drops" option and make sure it is on.

[WAG]
Members
1,633 posts
9,122 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 4:48 PM, RickPatton said:

Hi @iKami, Thanks for the clarification and went over your checklist again.

When I linked my WG account with Twitch, it confirmed and received my first container.  When I log into Twitch, always make sure I log in.  

Watched the matches last Saturday and Sunday for over four hours each, besides other viewings on other days.   So the chance ratio is that low?

Thanks again for your help

This is a good example of WG not answering questions that are too specific... While iKami is a fine person as is the rest of the crew, they do not and will not interact with the player base. They will answer very specific questions, but others they will not answer in the public forums or in a PM.  And any topic that is even slightly controversial, they will avoid completely.

This is a serious issue.

• Cool 1

[F1RE]
Beta Testers
9 posts
15,617 battles

Question: I have 3 different Twitch accounts. How do I make sure of which one is linked?

Thanks in advance

[OGF]
Members
600 posts
23,111 battles

The first day, one Twitch container, one supercontainer, 50 Ironium and some other stuff.  Second day, a few dribs and drabs of little things like 20 coal.  Seems to be front-end loaded and quickly tapers to nothing.