Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Matross

HSF Camo - Will it ever come back?

24 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
2,722 battles

With everyone on their mad-dash to get their Musashi, before it's gone, I was wondering if the HSF camo would ever come back... speculations anyone?

I wish I could get the HSF camo for the Musashi and Yamato... I already have the Harekaze, and just got the Musashi now, and will eventually get the Yamato. So, with everyone racing to get their Musashi's, Wargaimg, please, 1 more event for the HSF camo's? One last hoorah? Please? Pretty please?!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,209 posts
14,352 battles
11 minutes ago, Matross said:

With everyone on their mad-dash to get their Musashi, before it's gone, I was wondering if the HSF camo would ever come back... speculations anyone?

I wish I could get the HSF camo for the Musashi and Yamato... I already have the Harekaze, and just got the Musashi now, and will eventually get the Yamato. So, with everyone racing to get their Musashi's, Wargaimg, please, 1 more event for the HSF camo's? One last hoorah? Please? Pretty please?!

8 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

I dunno.  I heard the animation studio that licensed it went bankrupt.

The answer is most likely 99.999999999999999999999999% no. Yes, the company that owned the HSF rights went bankrupt.

There is a similar thread in the BB/IJN forum where I posted a link to the article. You can find it there.

• Cool 1

[TAW]
Members
87 posts
13,117 battles

Then how about them simply allowing a camo with a different name but the same specs to be earned through a mission of some sort.   

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles
10 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

Then how about them simply allowing a camo with a different name but the same specs to be earned through a mission of some sort.   

It would also have to look different.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles

I don't think it's coming back.  These collaborations are temporary, some sort of contract.

The ARP events took place a few times, all long, long ago now and have never come back to be acquired by new players.

HSF was the next one, IIRC there were about 2 HSF releases.  First HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee, then the second release with a bunch of normal captains (just unique portraits and voices), alongside a new HSF Harekaze camo to go with HSF Yamato / Musashi camo.  That was it, nothing has come from HSF since.  It's over.

Azure Lane was the next anime collab.  It has had 1 release, no new ships but normal captains (again, like HSF unique portraits and voices) and a lot of alternate camo for a bunch of ships.  Hasn't been a second Azure Lane release.  But the other ARP, HSF releases had gaps between their releases also.

Even the Steven Seagal captain was a temporary thing.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
259 posts
4,076 battles

Any idea if any of the HSF commanders are going to be swapped out or if those are safe? Seems odd that those would be Ok if other elements of the collaboration had to expire due to the bankruptcy. As long as they did the swap for an equal point commander (I have a few of them, anywhere from 15-19 points at this time), I'd understand. I'd be a bit bummed but it would be an understandable swap.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
9 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Any idea if any of the HSF commanders are going to be swapped out or if those are safe? Seems odd that those would be Ok if other elements of the collaboration had to expire due to the bankruptcy. As long as they did the swap for an equal point commander (I have a few of them, anywhere from 15-19 points at this time), I'd understand. I'd be a bit bummed but it would be an understandable swap.

I still have all of my ARP and HSF ships and Cmdrs. They can no longer be sold or even earned I believe, but if you got them during the collab, they are yours.

[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
5,673 battles

The HSF collaboration ending was what spurred me to get the Musashi, the warpaint camo looks too cool. I'm glad I did, it's a fun ship. Looking forward to getting the Yamato now

• Cool 2

Members
29 posts
2,722 battles
5 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

The HSF collaboration ending was what spurred me to get the Musashi, the warpaint camo looks too cool. I'm glad I did, it's a fun ship. Looking forward to getting the Yamato now

Lucky~ So you have both camo's? For Musashi and Yamato?

Beta Testers
659 posts
7,901 battles

Yeah, even if a company goes bankrupt, have to be super careful.  Doesn't mean their intellectual property is a free-for-all, or any slight deviation from it.  Far too many lawyers live in court would make that company's/person's life hell.  

I'm with the others, most likely not.  Unless WG ponys up money for some of the property, which isn't terribly likely.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
778 posts
2,015 battles
2 hours ago, Ann_Darrow said:

I dunno.  I heard the animation studio that licensed it went bankrupt.

While the animation studio that did the series did indeed go bankrupt (the studio was Production IMS) the company that produced the series (Aniplex) is still around and the studio doing the movie (A-1 Pictures) is also around and the movie still appears to be progressing.

Production IMS only appears to have been responsible for the animation but not any of the actual production of the show. These are the companies that Anime News Network has listed for the actual production of the show and the rights could lay with any of them (most likely the rights rest with Aniplex):

Production:
Aniplex
Asmik Ace, Inc.
Nippon [edited] Broadcasting Corporation
Contents Seed
Cromea
Kadokawa

So while thats not a certainty that HSF collabs will return (or happen again), its not nearly as dire as it seems.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
5,673 battles
1 hour ago, Matross said:

Lucky~ So you have both camo's? For Musashi and Yamato?

Yeppers, got the Yammie camo for free by grinding, but paid for the Musashi camo (4k dubloons I believe)

I also picked up the Harekaze and Graf too. I did not get that cat camo for the Harekaze though, definitely not my thing:cat_paw:

I've never watched the show either lol, just like the ships and camos

[NWNG]
Members
2,787 posts
4,654 battles
2 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

If players already have them, they get to keep them. The end of a collaboration simply means players who don't have them, are incapable of acquiring them.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,008 posts
5,775 battles

it makes my hsf harekaze and hsf graf psee super exclusive.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I still have all of my ARP and HSF ships and Cmdrs. They can no longer be sold or even earned I believe, but if you got them during the collab, they are yours.

PROBABLY.  As with a certain American captain named after a living individual they can just decide to change all those captains into generic ones with the same amount of points.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles
10 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Only one I didn't get was HSF Graf Spee since I already had the regular Graf Spee.

HSF Musashi camo

mEUUWbw.jpg

HSF Yamato camo

i4hCLqx.jpg

HSF Harekaze with the Isoroku "cat camo!"

B6Uhp3w.jpg

UZ1hWpX.jpg

I remember when that cat camo came out, there was someone on these boards who was very vocal how much he hated anime, but he went and got this camo because he liked cats :Smile_trollface:  He even got the cat captain!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
10 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Ayyye, I agree.

I love my Harekaze... but I wish WG show some love to her A-hull and C-hull. Her B-hull is too strong, and after the IJN 100mm gun buff, there's just zero reason to use anything but the B-hull. The whole "gimmick" of Harekaze was supposed to be "three different hulls, three different play styles," but the imbalance makes it a moot point, IMHO.

I love my HSF Graf Spee too, but she's got no issues so everything's a-okay, lol.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,375 posts
5,445 battles
45 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Ayyye, I agree.

I love my Harekaze... but I wish WG show some love to her A-hull and C-hull. Her B-hull is too strong, and after the IJN 100mm gun buff, there's just zero reason to use anything but the B-hull. The whole "gimmick" of Harekaze was supposed to be "three different hulls, three different play styles," but the imbalance makes it a moot point, IMHO.

I love my HSF Graf Spee too, but she's got no issues so everything's a-okay, lol.

The A hull did benefit from the recent buff to IJN 127mm guns... but yeah. The problem with the B hull is that the 100mm guns were balanced around the Akizuki gunboat line, and not Harekaze's hull options.

And I think there isn't much WG can really do, as they are limited by Harekaze's armaments in the anime. early anime A hull Harekaze is just a Kagero, complete with slow loading, slow turning guns. Late anime C hull Harekaze just doesn't have enough guns.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

The A hull did benefit from the recent buff to IJN 127mm guns... but yeah. The problem with the B hull is that the 100mm guns were balanced around the Akizuki gunboat line, and not Harekaze's hull options.

And I think there wasn't much WG could really do, as they were limited by Harekaze's armaments in the anime. A hull/early anime Harekaze is just a Kagero, complete with slow loading, slow turning guns. C hull/late anime Harekaze just doesn't have enough guns.

I agree, but then again... I donno... maybe WG could have got something from their "box-o-gimmicks" (lol) for the A-hull and the C-hull. I mean, at this point, I say both of those hulls really need something, anything, to be a viable and appealing alternative to the B-hull.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,209 posts
14,352 battles
15 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

You don't lose what you have it's just a case where no one new can get the stuff.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
4 hours ago, FirestormMk3 said:

PROBABLY.  As with a certain American captain named after a living individual they can just decide to change all those captains into generic ones with the same amount of points.

Well the ARP contract ended Dec 2016 and they have not been changed yet.

Sign in to follow this